The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2002, 06:56 AM

Question Question to all,

Just how many of your personal freedom's are you willing to give up for securty?
I for one (none)! But one of our founding fathers said it far better than I can, "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little Temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Ben Franklin. Now I do agree we need a from of this Homeland Security Act,But not when it puts our hard earned personal freedom aside.
But when I heard and read in that John Poindexter had come into the picture that worried the HELL out of me,you all remember Poindexter from the Iran- Contra days way back in the 80's, the one that a jury convicted of five (5) felony count's of misleading the congress and making false statements in other words he was a liar. OK, Before anyone says anything the conviction was overturned in the aappeals courts.
This Administration is one of the most secrctive sence the Reagan years which in it self is not a bad thing with the war and all, but when our freedoms are at RISK thats too much.From what I've read in the news papers and heard on the news retired amd. John Poindexter has a new office in the pentagon, with a Latin motto over the door "scientia est potentia" which means "knowleage is power" Now thats kind of worrisom to me what about you.

razz
Sponsored Links