The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2003, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Wr

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Its hard to have a intelligent conversation with someone that has no ammunition.

The Gold reference is because our nation used to back every paper dollar with gold, Our government does not back its paper money with gold anymore. Our government was founded by people that held THERE God high. Nether one is needed in Government,
You can use any book you want, I was talking to Kieth.

You said "You can only make up a new flag and change the government."
You want to be a writer?

And I think you missed the point totally about the prayer thing.

When Christians pray to Jesus they are putting another God Before God,
Which goes back to my first sentence.

Ron

Actually, darlin', does 1933 ring any bells? Yer just tryin' to change the parameters of the discussion which ya started. We aren't all as ignorant or unintelligent as ya might think. BTW. 1933 was just the beginning of the separation of gold from the paper...Nixon finished it off, if I remeber correctly. Hadda do with double digit inflation as a result of the previous adminstrations and the costs of the VN war. Inflation and prolonged war normally go together...

I'm not writing here for publication. If my grammar is yer best shot at me, go for it! ...ya might wanta check yer spellin'...

I aptly addressed the 'prayer thing' in my response to you. Read the book that you seem to dislike so much. Maybe then you might be able to offer an informed opinion on such matters. The first verse of the first chapter of the book of John in the New Testament kinda explains the beginning of why folks pray in the manner you suggest. Other than a prolonged discourse on this thread regarding prayer, why don't you just save us all a lot of trouble and read the Book fer yerself. BTW. Most folks don't pray TO Jesus, they pray to God, asking, in Jesus' name. Those who suggest otherwise don't know what the Book says about prayer.

That's why I first said, "Ignorance is Blix." Yer ignorance of theology resembles that of the left wingers who want to kill the President and tell our men in uniform to kill their officers. Ignorance is Blix indeed. There are many other ways in which your words betray your position on life in general and politics in particular, in which you are most assuredly in line with those who would destroy this nation and it's government. To list them all here, well, we'd be here all day. I'm just doin' this fer relaxation, myself.

My being whatever I want to be, within the limits of my skills, ambitions and abilities is a part of being a citizen of this nation. If I wanta be a writer and not know anything about grammar, that's my business. I won't be the first such to get published. If you desire to change this, you desire to change the present basis of the government. Changes in government almost always include a change of flags. Your arguments thus far preclude anything else but a change in government. Your arguments suggest change to a dictatorship or depsotic government. I don't know grammar, but I know somewhat about logic and rhetoric. Your present arguments do not reflect good on you in any way shape or form.

Well, other than an attitude towards folks who disagree with you, you've displayed an awesome ignorance of history, a total lack of any knowledge of spiritual matters and then...well then you offer personal attacks in place of reasoned debate....my, my my....atheists SHOULD be in charge, shouldn't they....

darlin', I ain't missed no point nowhere....

..ya might wanta re-think yer strategy here....

...besides, in an open forum, I thought it was pretty much an open debate. I didn't know it was a private discussion....on a private thread....on a private website....I thought folks did that sort of thing usin' PM's and emails and phone calls and such...

I don't get mad or upset too much over these things anymore....but I refuse to be bullied or buffaloed.

Man, if yer gonna start this kinda stuff, ya best be ready fer some flack! Friend, you ain't even got a start on bein' ready fer anyone else, let alone me...and I'm just a poor ignorant hillbilly who wouldn't know grammar if it came up and kissed him!

Ya don't like folks disagreein' with ya, well, that's not my problem.

You chose your own place to stand. Don't blame others if it's so easy to disturb the ground under your feet.

Old 10-27-2003, 08:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Arguments for God's Existence - Non Biblical

1. Argument from Motion & Change
Everything in the Universe is in constant change and movement. Change cannot go to infinity. Nothing moves by itself. Something began the creation process. Movement in any object requires an outside force to actualize it. Were did the first movement come from? Were did the first particles matter come from? Obvious conclusion: There must be a God / Creator.

2. Argument from Design
Gravity, How do Salmon find their old stream, How do
migratory birds fly exactly to the same nest year after year.
Must be a superior intelligence which guides them.

3. The Big Bang: The Stars and Sun and the entire Universe is moving away from itself. The Universe is expanding at an alarming rate. We are actualling living in a continueing big explosion. Science says the whole Universe was about the size of a pea, then bang!, who created this bang. Who created this compact universe? Logical answer: God.

http://www.proofgodexists.org
http://www.doesgodexist.org

Keith

P.S. Ron you are absolutely correct. Proof of God's existence is a manner of Faith. However, I don't believe its a blind faith. The Bible itself doesn't try to prove the existence of God, it is just assumed.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Wr & Keith, Razz

Wr
I never clamed to spell well, you clamed to be a writer?
Again you wrote way to many words and I would have to be interested in what you say to read them, (not)
talk to someone else your babbeling is just taking up space hear.

Kieth

I did try to have a sivil debate on religon,
And I agree with you, Religon is faith, it has to come from inside not some jerk spouting worthless paragraphs of nothing.

Razz

Belive brother,
Good for you

Ron
Old 10-27-2003, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Wr & Keith, Razz

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Wr

And I agree with you, Religon is faith, it has to come from inside not some jerk spouting worthless paragraphs of nothing.
Ah! But religion is not faith.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for... the essence of things not seen...

Is that short enuff for ya?
Old 10-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default wr

Just your opinion.

Shorter

Ron
Old 10-27-2003, 12:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Religion, Faith

Faith is your belief system. How and Why you believe is Faith.

Religion is the practice of faith.

Faith: to completely trust, and believe in a person, machine, animal, or God.

Religion: Is the rules and regulation to subliment ones faith.

Ron: Everytime you turn the key on in your Mustang it is an act of Faith. You believe that wonderful car is going to start.
Or, your belief in your fire crew and their ability to come through for you is an act of Faith, because you really believe in them and their abilities. The SOP's of how you start your car or put out a fire is religion.

Formulating your faith into practice is religion.

One. I don't believe that one should force their belief system down on anyone's throat. But, by the same token I believe that my religious (the ability to practice my faith) rights have been under attack by some in our government. Even to the point that if you are religious person you must not be quite as intelligent as the non-believer and that make me .

However the forcing of Religion down someone's throat is at the opposite end of the spectrum and don't agree with that either. But people of faith are just as intelligent and functional within society as the non-believer.

Faith and Religion is the conscience of society.

Keith
Old 10-27-2003, 03:47 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Kieth

I don't think people of faith are less intelligent (well maybe one) .
I do belive very intelligent people belive in God, I don't belive they know quit how to handle there belief vs what they are taught in schools. Thats why religon should be personal. If you try to justify any religon, a intelligent person has to realize that there religon is just one of many and may not be the correct one. Buuut being intelligent they don't want to admitt that and they are also at confilct with themselves over this. Any persons faith should come from inside, You can't see air but you know its there. If your a beliver, you can't know why but you know you do.

Ron
Old 10-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Doc.2/47

Kinda think that turnin the key on my ole Chevy PU may be closer to an act of desperation than an act of faith.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Didn't know you were religious?

Didn't know starting the car was a religious experience did you?

Some times faith is an act of desperation ie (foxhole conversions).

My Old Bronco II three engines and two transmissions, two starters, etc.
Is an act of Faith and desperation.

Keith