The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2003, 05:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

To both my daughters who read here , I love your mother and have no idea what they are talking about . I go there for the oysters , which are really fine ones .
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2003, 07:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default John

John, John, John..........
Here you had us believing that your therapy was taking effect, you had attended all those sessions, and that the motorcycle was just a prop. Now what is it???????????????????? Oysters? Don't you know what those things can do for you? Surely you can be more inventive than that. And don't call me Shirley.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-24-2003, 04:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Shirley , Thats my story and I am sticking to it !
Old 12-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default It was a carrier based

Navy B52 loaded with 250 pound bombs that malfunctioned. The crew tried to keep it from hitting land but they had to bail out. It hit a school house in Na Trang and killed a whole bunch of kids. We were carrying off the unexploded 250 bombs so no more would get hurt. GEE and WOW I exclaimed, Eyes wide with the terror he must have felt. Gosh You must have really been lucky to not get badly burned I said. Yes but.... (long hesitation) The kids, they got it pretty bad. Golly, when did this happen, I don't remember it or hearing of it. Oh it was hushed up because it hit the school. Ohhh, Say, when did this happen, again because I have been in and out of Na Trang a lot. By the way, You were with what special infantry unit. Ohh you only worked on orders of Gen Westmorland Huh. But you were based out of Na Trang, You said you saved the SF asses in several fights they got into. Wow! Oh by the way you ever seen one of these, (took my 5th SF coin from my wallet and handed it to him). NO, What is it?? Reads real close, This says 5th special forces on it, You were in the SF?? Sure was, been in and out of Na Trang several times. Just don't seem to remember that B52 crash site. Hey I got to run along he said, but I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in. Saturday afternoon at the Outhouse Saloon 12/06/03. I'll let LT tell you about the one on Friday evening.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It shore takes a big slingshot

To launch a B-52 off a carrier. Ask him if they used the Army type mules for rocket assistance. You could really get going using one of those "platforms". Just point them and pull the trigger! Don't know how I survived.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Golly Sid its too bad he had to leave .. You might have got to see one of his CMH's those types usually have two or three.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

As to the "homeless" with the cardboard signs around here, they usually are males around the 45 - 55 age range. Because of the teaching of Jesus, I usually give them something and a Bible tract. Have questioned three in the past month or so about their Vietnam service. All three gave the right answers. So, all these folks aren't bullshi**ers. Just some guys who have had bad luck.

Larry
Old 12-08-2003, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Carrier B52's......Say what?

How day do dat? I know of no Carrier in the USN Fleet, past or present, that is/was large enough to handle a B52. Even if the flight deck Island were chopped off to accommodate a B52 wing span and all catapults were hooked to the B52, and JATO pacs attached, it would still go ker-splash at right off the end of the flight deck. Dat won?t work. Now den, how day going to land? The multiple arresting cable system, even if all three cables were picked up by the tail hook, would still go a sailing away as those arresting gear systems cant handle an aircraft of that weight and speed, no way. Then there is the issue of the B52 airframe and how in the world to rig up a tail hook to handle that weight and speed. Most likely the whole ass-end of the B52 would go a flying away right along with the arresting gear. :ek:

So the only answer can be is that there was a mega monster aircraft carrier somewhere that was super, super megamax secret and ?Navy Configuration B52s? or the idiot is too stupid to do some basic research before weaving tall tales. That?s a good one, B52 Carrier strikes. Now all I have left to do is see an elephant fly.

Scamp

P.S. Techie stuff as it is, indicates that the dumb bomb load of a VN era B52 was around 75,000 lbs (not including aircraft weight). The ?on the catapult? fully loaded, ready to go weight of the same era Navy strike jet was around 40,000 lbs including aircraft weight. I know of no Carrier, now or then, that has more than two catapults. Tis da numbers, always da numbers.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scamp

Run, don't walk, run to your local orthoropedic, and have him reinsert your leg, as it has been severely pulled. Bro' PHO was reeling in a big wannabee fish with his incredible yarn of Squid-launcher of BUFF's! Gawd, what an imagination he, has and to be able to tell this tale with a straight face.............

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-08-2003, 05:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Col. Scout...........

Kersama nama, mumble, moan, bubble, bubble, toil and trouble. My Ma warned me and warned me about keeping bad company and told me there would be days like this. Now look what has happened, my hapless wet hide has been tacked to the barn door by a Green Beanie, yikes, what a cruel fate. Ma was right, I should have listened. Woe is me, woe is me. This is beyond the help of a counselor so I guess I just have to go live the monastic life and make wine or something. Or maybe its drink wine, I forget how that goes just now but I?ll figure it out. How about that for a sight? I can see it now, a drunken monk with one very long leg. Woe is me, woe is me.

Scamp