The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2005, 05:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sir Scamp

[quote]Originally posted by BLUEHAWK

I must admit, I do not pay a whole lot of attention to those whose writings or sayings are stuck in the broken record of hatred for the president. Even if it were true, it would not advance the end of the war nor self-government and economic security in the nations we are striving to assist and liberate.[/ QUOTE]

#1----I do NOT "hate" Gee-W. I DO NOT have very much respect OR use for him. He is slightly a cut above an idiot in MY opinion.

#2----If you REALLY "do not pay much attention" to those of us who condemn or speak out against GEE-W..........Then why don't you shut the hell up?........ Or either offer up some evidence to support his failings as we see them rather than your glowing bluster and rhetorical nonsense? ........We all are aware of your ability to write in an aesthetically exceptional manner----but, you really don't "say" that much to "defend" his (Bushs') or your position, ya know?

#3----
"Even it if were true " end quote..................It IS, and hopefully more and more folks will WAKE UP to those "facts".........before it's too late.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2005, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gimpy

Kindly use your obvious computer skills and review your previous posts, and there you will find that you have in fact stated your hatred for George W. Bush. Add that to your other posts and if that isn't pure, unbridled hatred, it hasn't been defined yet. But be man enough and admit if you can, instead of wisping around with your feelings.

At last report, it was still called the "Theory of Evolution," not the "Absolute Truth and Facts of Evolution." And since it is still a theory, it is not a proven fact, irrespective of what you say.

And how, pray tell, can the teaching of creationism be anything but a harmless activity? Who is harmed by it? Is your spiritual position so weak as to be threatened by that teaching? What are you so afraid of?

On a different subject, ever so slightly: despite the fact that Chuck Hagel and I were in the same unit at the same time, I think he's a weak sister and a junior league opportunist, sucking up to that all time weasel John McCain. Together they have as much grit and starch in their respective spines as library paste.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-13-2005, 10:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sir Scamp

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy

#2----If you REALLY "do not pay much attention" to those of us who condemn or speak out against GEE-W..........Then why don't you shut the hell up?........ Or either offer up some evidence to support his failings as we see them rather than your glowing bluster and rhetorical nonsense? ........We all are aware of your ability to write in an aesthetically exceptional manner----but, you really don't "say" that much to "defend" his (Bushs') or your position, ya know?
- I insist upon exercising my freedom of speech, is why I do not "shut the hell up."

- I do not, particularly, feel that the President himself has failed... especially not as of yet in the war department. When or if our military commanders and senior NCOs take the opposite view in sufficient numbers and strength for it to make any difference, then I will listen and would be likely to change this opinion.

- Thank you for the compliment. From time to time, I do offer lengthy explanations and expressions of my current understanding of the war and related matters, as best one can... as can be seen from my earliest postings here.

- I don't feel obliged to defend the President. He's got the entire Armed Forces and Secret Service to handle that responsibility.

Nor do I feel it necessary to express hatred for Mr. Bush. I am not thrilled with the way his government is handling certain domestic matters, but I do not recall being all that happy with ANY administration's handling of those problems in the past 40 years.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Here are some opinions as to the necessity of our complete freedom of speech, whether it be creationist or evolutionist, from voices not often enough heard:

"I THANK ALL THAT SUPPORT US. I AM IN THE MARINE CORPS AND I AM NOW STATIONED WHERE I CANNOT DEPLOY. WE DO A LOT OF FUNERALS, COLOR GUARDS AND HONOR GUARDS AND GIVE THE UTMOST RESPECT TO ALL PEOPLE. THANK YOU AMERICA FOR STANDING BEHIND US WHILE WE ARE AT WAR AND WHEN WE ARE SAFE AT HOME. NO MATTER WHAT IS GOING IN THE WORLD THE MARINES WILL ALWAYS BE IN HARM'S WAY FOR ITS MOTHERLAND. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK MY FELLOW TROOPS SERVING IN IRAQ, YOU ALL WILL BE HOME SOON. OOHRAH AND SEMPER FIDELIS!
CPL JOSHUA FRALEY, MELBOURNE, FL

I'm active duty stationed at Ellsworth AFB. God Bless everyone who is deployed, and keep them safe.
Michael Beaudet, Lynn, MA

Thank you so much for supporting the troops over in Iraq. I am currently in Baghdad, Iraq stationed at Log Base Seitz. WalMart has really made a difference in the lives of the soldiers here. It is spring time here now and the weather is already 109 degrees. The soldiers would really enjoy a pool to cool off if Wal Mart could donate one. Thanks so much for what you have done.
SSG ROSARIO, BENNY army, SMITHS, AL

I've been in the army twice now 95-99 and just re-upped in Oct 04. I came home the first time to an empty airport and disinterest but it's just good for the soul to see the outpouring of support and to hear that someone does care now. I'd especially like to thank the anonymous angel that just very quietly walked up and payed for the baby food and diapers my son's mother was buying on Christmas eve. She only overheard that I was in the service and overseas and she insisted on paying the bill. Ma'am, you and those like you have been the inspiration for us to keep motoring on through the pain and the separation, and give us the confidence that this is all worth it. Thank all of you for your efforts!
Spc Jeremiah Austin US Army, toccoa, GA, AE

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP AND SUPPORT FROM EVRYONE OUT THERE, IF IT WAS NOT FOR Y'ALL WE WOULD NOT REALLY HAVE A JOB, OR BECAUSE OF OUR FORE- FATHERS, HAVE A LAND TO DEFEND.
SGT DAVID POSTEL, HOUSTON, TX

Just a thanks to all those who appreciate our sacrifices and also to all the spouses who support their husbands in what they do. A special thanks to Douglas Junior High and MRS Owen for their support. Just a soldier trying to do his job.
SGT Francisco Owen, USA, Douglas, Az 85607, AZ

Sixty four Seabees and I recently returned from a 9 month deployment to Iraq. The support and supplies we received from the US and particularly the people of Arizona were wonderful. We received care packages from our civilian employers, elementary and junior high schools and community action groups. I know that I can speak for all deployed Arizona Seabees when I say "Thank You for all that you do to support us".
EO2 (SCW) Brian DeSimone/USN, Gilbert, AZ, AZ

Thank you so much for supporting us! It's been hard being away from family and friends...your care packages, letters & prayers have really helped us! We will be home very soon...thank you AMERICA! Muchos besos y abrazos fuertes...lots of hugs & kisses
SSgt Anna Escareno/USAF, Robstown, TX

Hey everyone I am over in Korea and I thank all of you for the support you are showing. Please keep the up the great work. I would also like to give a shout out to my Father Paul and my wife and son Jessica and Nick.
A1C Jason A Goldstein US Air Force, Chesterfield, MO

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support. Now that I am deployed, it has become more apparent to me than ever before just what I am fighting for. Whether you support the war or not, thank you for supporting us.
A1C McCartney, USAF, Denver, CO

I just want to send a huge thank you to all of our supporters out there. This is trip #2 for me to play in the big sandbox as I was here for the toppling of Saddam's regime in OIF 1. The atmosphere has changed, but the mission has not. Our goal is to work ourselves out of a job over here. The more Iraqis they have in their army, the less soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen who we need in country. Keep up the support and know that we appreciate all of it. God Bless America
SGT Greg Freeman, Hector, AR

I would like to thank you all for the support that you give us, for taking time out of your life back at home to put together a letter or box to send to us. I know that it has meant a lot to me, as well as the rest of the troops who I show. From the bottom of our heart serving in Iraq, please keep up the good work and God Bless.
Sabriena McAllister/SrA/US Air Force, Winona, TX

I have been in the military for 7 years, and I have been deployed a couple of times. I would like to say to all the patriotic Americans out there who are showing their support, Thank you very much. You don't realize how much the support of the people back home means to a soldier who is stuck in an area like Iraq, or Afghanistan, who has nobody but the other soldiers in his or her unit, and can't see his or her family. Getting a package, a letter, just a short message or an email means so much sometimes. I just want to say thank you to the people who make this possible.
SPC Daniel McCandlis, Army, St. Joseph, MO

I just recently returned from Iraq and the support form the states I got while deployed was great. Thank you to all those great people who made my time there that much better.
SGT Tim Sullivan, San Diego CA, TX

i have been in the army for 4 years now. this is my second time in iraq. i was in operation iraqi freedom 1, and now i am in operation iraqi freedom 3. i am proud to be defending your, as well as my, country. it's an honor to do so. i love the army, but it has its dislikes about it, too. i just wanted to say it's an honor and privilege to be in the army.
PFC GEORGE, NATHAN, cabot, AR

Thank you for all of your support. It means so much to know that there are still people out there that are willing to go out of there way to support those who go into harm's way for freedom. The United States is the only country that will send its own young men and women to fight, and die on foreign soil for freedom. So thank you for all your support.
Burns, William R. SPC USAR, Columbia, MO

I spent my year in Iraq and I know what it feels like to get support from home and other people. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who sent cards, supplies, treats, and warm wishes to all of us stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as other places. My hat is off to you for your tireless efforts to support the troops and positive attitude. It helps to get us through the days until we can come home to our family and friends. Once again, thanks for all your hard work. May God Bless you all, over and over.
COGDILL,BARRY/SSG/US ARMY, KLAMATH FALLS, OR

thanks for all the support that we are getting while we do what needs to be done to make the world safe. our families thank you for all the support you give them as well.
nelson spafford,sgt, us army, north pole, AK

I want to thank everyone that is supporting all of the troops who are sacrificing there lives and time for something bigger and better. It's great to see that there are so many people supporting us that it takes away from all the negative that people have to say about what we are doing.
Stephen Fuller/SSG/US Army, Plant City, FL

I want to express my gratitude to our great nation for the amazing support we (all servicemembers) have been receiving during the continuous operations in both Afghanistan and Iraq. I am now recovering from combat wounds suffered during a mission north of Tikrit were I almost lost my right arm. Had it not been for the great medical treatment the Army offers, I would have been wearing a prosthetic arm. Once again, thanks America for your support.
Carlos R. Escobar, SGT, Texas Army National Guard, El Paso, TX

1 - 20 of 676 messages Next> "
Old 06-13-2005, 06:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Gimpy

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout Kindly use your obvious computer skills and review your previous posts, and there you will find that you have in fact stated your hatred for George W. Bush. Add that to your other posts and if that isn't pure, unbridled hatred, it hasn't been defined yet. But be man enough and admit if you can, instead of wisping around with your feelings.

You're absolutely right there SuperSenor! I have in fact expressed my "hatered" of GEE-W in the past. But........like YOU said .......that WAS in the "past". I have since had an "epiphany" of sorts, and have felt the need to "revise" my "feelings" from hatered to revulsion and disgust along with a sort of sympathetic sorrow for his obvious arrogance. I'm sure you understand, right?

At last report, it was still called the "Theory of Evolution," not the "Absolute Truth and Facts of Evolution." And since it is still a theory, it is not a proven fact, irrespective of what you say.

I'll let the scientific community argue their case for me.

And how, pray tell, can the teaching of creationism be anything but a harmless activity? Who is harmed by it? Is your spiritual position so weak as to be threatened by that teaching? What are you so afraid of?

Nothing.......let them "teach" it where it belongs.........in CHURCH!

On a different subject, ever so slightly: despite the fact that Chuck Hagel and I were in the same unit at the same time, I think he's a weak sister and a junior league opportunist, sucking up to that all time weasel John McCain. Together they have as much grit and starch in their respective spines as library paste .

Your "opinion" of these two American patriots really does not surprise me. They (like many, many others) who offer different and obviously more pragmatic as well as intelligent "options" to your own shortsided and surely more radically "right-wing" solutions to current American domestic and international problems will always meet the same arrogant & hateful namecalling and character assasination from the likes of folks like you. Not a surprise at all. You live up to your reputation as usual.

Thanks for once again showing us your "true" colors!
---GIMP

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 06-13-2005, 06:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wow !! just like old times.....LOL

Welcome back Sir Blue !! I have missed you !

Larry
Old 06-14-2005, 01:00 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

If creation can be taught only in church, then evolution should only be taught in a laboratory, eh?

If so, taking the analogy one step further, then our public schools are being used as scientific laboratories to the exclusion of all else, right?
Old 06-14-2005, 01:02 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE Wow !! just like old times.....LOL

Welcome back Sir Blue !! I have missed you !

Larry
Missed you too, Dude

I have been on special ops, learning some chops, buckin' for stripes among hardened NCOs.

It's a lonely business, but they picked the right guy.

So, it seemed like a good time to HALO back into this fantastic unit.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHAWK If creation can be taught only in church, then evolution should only be taught in a laboratory, eh?

If so, taking the analogy one step further, then our public schools are being used as scientific laboratories to the exclusion of all else, right?
Only a "right-headed" individual would come up with that "analogy".

"Creationism" is a RELIGIOUS doctrine. It's place is in the Church. Same for "Budisists" doctrine, "Hindu" doctrine, "Islamic" doctrine, and any other RELIGIOUS doctrine. Many "religions" have varying and substantialy different views of how man was "created" or "evolved".

I'm NOT saying it shoudn't be "mentioned" in the context of world history, or taught in a college or college preparatory class directly related to religions and their doctrine in human history.

Evolution on the other hand has been and is still "recognized" around the world, in nearly ALL educated and free thinking societys as "scientific" methodology. NOT A RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE!

It DOES belong in the schools!

Our nation has, through it's founding Fathers wisdom, taken the position that "religious doctrine" and Government are not a wise choice to co-mingle. Why do you think most of those coming to this "new" country from England to begin with decided to leave anyway, huh??......If my historical memory serves me correctly I believe it was for "religious freedom" and to be free of religious persecution, right?...

Nearly 95% of this nations children attend "public", government funded & sponsered schools. They SHOULD be taught that there ARE many different religions and relgious "doctrines" out there in this land of the "free" for them to choose their own, particular brand of "religion" to believe in. No more......no less!

But................to REPLACE evolution or allow "creationism" to be brought into an "equal" position of curriculum standing in "public" schools is in the face of all our forefathers have established before us!

I am of the same mindset that it appears Arrow (and somewhat the same as Scout) on this subject. I DO NOT think that "prayer" should be outlawed from public schools or school functions......it SHOULD be led BY students, for students (or those who CHOOSE to participate).

But, evolution remains a "scientific" conclusion drawn from scientific facts and biological "evidence"............"creationism" is pure and simple a "religious" theory drawn from biblical writings alone.

Those who cannot see or accept this are simply ignoring the "facts"!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 06-14-2005, 11:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I could not accept "replacing" evolution (etc) with creation either...

What I am seeking for America is a public school system which is not controlled by the Federales, nor by the ACLU, NAACP, NOW, PNAC, SPEBSQSA, BSA, DOD, KKK, FCC, DNC, RNC or any of the other such garbled integers who enjoy their expense accounts.

Americans have ideas rolling around in our heads and hearts, and proof has shown we do not take kindly to extremists... though they sometimes fool us.

School is where those ideas and feelings need to get discussed completely. The job of the teacher is to know as much as they can about ALL those thought ways, so when questions arise among our young, there can be some guidance and moderation of emotions. The only job of school administrators is to make sure there is enough money and security to protect those who are doing the learning and the talking.

We who are of the museum persuasion do our best to show whatever it is that ya'll are discussing, and offer a new discussion about it... maybe an insight or more.

At one time it was regarded a "scientific fact" that the sun went around the earth. They even had drawings and models and what-not to prove their case. The guy who proved another possibility was demonized.

But, if one thinks about it some more, wouldn't it have just been better for BOTH ideas to have been taught and learned, and then let the folks out here make up our own minds? I mean, as an alternative to drawing and quartering and burnings at the stake and all that business.