The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2005, 06:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default RW

I may have misspoke! Surprised to read... not really surprised, when I think about it, but now Nanci Pelosi has joined the bandwagon of The Cut and Run Dysfunctional Chorus. Add the Boston Doughboy, and we are starting to have a deva ju of the congressional misactions after we won the war in Vietnam. Kennedy was the main reingleader of cutting off any more aid to the South Vietnamese, even after we promised, and he's gearin up to do the very same thing with the Iraqis. Besides being a lousy driver, he's a gutless wonder. The sole, lonely, solitary and sensible voice within the Democrat party, Joe Lieberman, is being drowned out by the quitters. And just like the press sold us out in Vietnam, they have been trying the same tactic with our victories in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2005, 07:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Joe says so!

Following up on his Wall Street Journal article Tuesday defending the Iraq war, Sen. Joseph Lieberman is reminding Bush administration critics that it's wrong to claim that Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction when the U.S. attacked in 2003.

"The so-called Duelfer Report, which a lot of people read to say there were no weapons of mass destruction - concluded that Saddam continued to have very low level of chemical and biological programs," Lieberman said Wednesday. Saddam was trying to break out of the U.N. sanctions by going back into rapid redevelopment of chemical and biological and probably nuclear weapons," Lieberman said, calling the Iraqi dictator "a ticking time bomb."

"I have no regrets" that the U.S. toppled Saddam, the former vice presidential candidate explained. "I think we can finish are job there, and as part of it - really transform the Arab-Islamic world."

Lieberman said that his fellow Democrats haven't taken kindly to his decision to buck his party on Iraq. "There's been some grumbling," he noted. "In Connecticut there's a 'Dump Joe' web site that has cropped up."

But Lieberman added, "I've been here long enough where, at this stage in my career, I'm going to do what I think is right."

Imagine that! Let's recap: was Joe Lieberman the only Democrat that was not lied to by GWB, or was he the only one who believed the President and every other world leader who stated that SH had WMD? If GWB is supposed to be such an intellectual lightweight, how come he was able to bamboozle all those geniuses on the other side of the aisle? Or are the Democrats saying that Joe Lieberman is a dunce too? The Party of Both Ways can't seem to make up its mind.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:08 PM

Old Joe has been pretty straight in his support for the war, not changing his mind when it becomes politically handy. The rest seem to have all "Gone Ahab."
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Is that Ahab as in, ?Die ye damned whale?. I suspect Joe was never forgiven fo making his running mate appear to be such a sweat-drenched nada with not a lot to say that was significant or relavant.

Scamp
Old 12-20-2005, 06:47 PM

Maybe the order should have been reversed, the better man was behind. Kind of reminds me of that old Johnny Cash song, "The one in the right was in the middle, and the one on the left was on the right . . . etc." I think the term is "gone Ahab" as in Ahab the A-rab, kind of like going native.
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Shucks... Ahab's jus' doin' it fer the oil.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And here I had this vision of Cap?n Ahab click-stomping the decks of a Nantucket Whaler and obsessed with getting in and after the Texas Moby. Seemed to fit, oh well, I assumed it was only a myth about there being rum in rum balls, hic.

Scamp
Old 12-21-2005, 02:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ahhh, but the Texas Moby has done morphed into the slyest fox ever to traipse around the Beltway. Just about the time the Dimocrats (the new, abbreviated form will be "da dims") thought they had ol' Moby skewered, he pulls this fast one on them. All the while da dims are scrabblin' trying to figure out what their strategy de jour is, someone in da dim party upchucks on the speaker's notes and viola, a new strategy emerges, smelling just about as bad as the other one. The confusion of da dims reminds me of one of my staff officer's famous quotes, when describing someone obviously confused to the max: "He doesn't know whether to shit, fall down, or buy a Pontiac." I think in da dims situation, they shit, stepped in it, and bought a Yugo.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Today ,Surprise surprise El Presidente Saddam declared he has been tortured by our Soldiers over in Bagdad and he still has the bruises to prove it ........Hmmm don't you all think if he had been TORTURED his gang of lawyers would have mentioned that when the trial started?? Seems to me Saddam is pulling the torture card a little late in the game to be believable. We have all seen his videos on CNN or Fox News in his underwear chatting with guards and complimenting the snacks he receives like Doritos' I would bet that there is more video tape surveillance of Saddam then Pam Anderson Sex tapes......
Old 12-22-2005, 04:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Could it be Col., that Pontiac doesn?t equal Yugo but is the contemporary parallel to the Pequod. But then it?s just a storeeeeee, right?

"Moby-Dick is the enormous white whale who torments Captain Ahab's mind in the Herman Melville novel Moby-Dick (1851). Ahab is obsessed with finding and killing Moby-Dick, having lost a leg in a previous encounter with the whale, and Ahab's burning desire for revenge really is the center of the story. At novel's end, Ahab finds and attacks Moby-Dick, but the whale takes Ahab, his ship Pequod, and nearly all its crew down to a watery grave. Melville based his tale, in part, on the sinking of the real-life whaling ship Essex in 1820.
Yes, it's true: the first mate Starbuck in Moby-Dick was the inspiration for the name of the Starbucks coffee chain... The musician Moby is a descendant of Melville -- hence his wry nickname... Moby-Dick's first line is famously short: "Call me Ishmael." Ishmael is the book's narrator and the only survivor of the Pequod's encounter with Moby-Dick."

Scamp