The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Doc.2/47

If she can take food and liquids by mouth,pulling her feeding tube won't kill her.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2005, 07:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default OK

I'll try one MORE TIME to attempt to "UN-BRAINWASH" some folks around here!

Dr Hammesfahr Interview With Sean Hannity !----Now THERE'S a REAL credible source if ever I heard one!

"Dr. Hammesfahr was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Medicine and Physiology in 1999"

No he wasn't-------------------- My dumbass Congresman, Mike Billirakis wrote a letter to the Nobel Prize
Committee "recommending" Mr. Hammesfahr (I refuse to call this quack a "Doctor") based solely on his "association" with the parents of Terry Schiavo and his less than credible "analysis" of her illness and subsequent condition.

"Fox News host Sean Hannity and "MSNBC" host Joe Scarborough both promoted Mr. William Hammesfahr's false claim that he is a Nobel Prize nominee.

Hammesfahr, a Florida neurologist disciplined in 2003 by the Florida Board of Medicine who claims he can help Terri Schiavo, testified during an October 2002 court hearing on the Schiavo case that his claim to be a Nobel nominee is based on a letter written by Rep. Mike Bilirakis (R-FL) recommending him for the prize . But Bilirakis is not qualified to make a valid nomination under the Nobel rules.

According to the process posted on the Nobel Prize website, the Nobel Assembly sends out invitations to approximately 3,000 people who are allowed to propose candidates. The 3,000 are "mainly members of the Nobel Assembly, previous prize winners, and a selection of professors at universities around the world." In providing detailed information about those who can submit nominations, the site states:

Right to submit proposals for the award of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, based on the principle of competence and universality, shall by statute be enjoyed by:

Members of the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm;

Swedish and foreign members of the medical class of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences;

Nobel Laureates in Physiology or Medicine;

Members of the Nobel Committee not qualified under paragraph 1 above;

Holders of established posts as professors at the faculties of medicine in Sweden and holders of similar posts at the faculties of medicine or similar institutions in Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Norway;

Holders of similar posts at no fewer than six other faculties of medicine selected by the Assembly, with a view to ensuring the appropriate distribution of the task among various countries and their seats of learning; and

Practitioners of natural sciences whom the Assembly may otherwise see fit to approach.

Decisions concerning the selection of the persons appointed under paragraphs 6 and 7 above are taken before the end of May each year on the recommendation of the Nobel Committee.

But the fact that Bilirakis is not qualified to nominate Nobel Prize winners did not stop Scarborough or Hannity from referring to Hammesfahr as a Nobel Prize nominee. Hannity did so a total of eight times during a single hour-long program; Scarborough made the reference four times .

Additionally, Scarborough erroneously claimed that Hammesfahr has "treated" Schiavo; in fact, Hammesfahr has merely examined her as one of five doctors approved by a Florida court in 2001 to do so. He was one of two doctors selected by Schiavo's parents; two others were selected by Schiavo's husband, Michael Schiavo, and the fifth was chosen by the court.

From the March 21 edition of Fox News' Hannity & Colmes:

HANNITY : And we're going to talk to a doctor who spent 10 hours with her tonight, and he says that he believes, in his expert opinion -- this is a man that was nominated for a Nobel Prize, by the way -- that she could be rehabilitated. [...]

HANNITY : And coming up later in the program tonight, we're going to meet a doctor who actually spent 10 hours examining Terri Schiavo. He was nominated for a Nobel Prize. He believes that she could be rehabilitated. [...]

HANNITY : You were nominated for a Nobel Prize in medicine?

HAMMESFAHR: Yes. [...] (Lying bastard!-----Gimp )

HANNITY : You were nominated to get a Nobel Peace Prize in this work. Are you saying that this woman could be rehabilitated? [...]

HANNITY : How is it possible we're in this position if you have examined her? You were up for a Nobel Prize. This is mind boggling to me. [...]

HANNITY: Well, this is what I want to understand. This is your area of expertise that got you nominated for one of the most prestigious awards in medicine, the Nobel Prize. [...]

HANNITY: -- hang on a second -- and talk to a Nobel prize-nominated physician who spent 10 hours with her, who believes if, given the opportunity, he can rehabilitate her? [...]

HANNITY : Imagine being in his position and having a guy like a Nobel Prize nominee like Dr. Hammesfahr, who I'm looking at right now, who spent 10 hours with her and feels that, given the chance, he could rehabilitate this girl.

(What a crock of $hit.......editorial comment--Gimp )

From the March 21 edition of MSNBC's Scarborough Country :

SCARBOROUGH: And a Nobel Prize-nominated neurologist who has treated Terri Schiavo, he says Terri should live and that her husband is perpetrating a hoax that is just aimed at killing his wife. [...]

SCARBOROUGH: And I'm going to be talking with a Nobel Prize-nominated neurologist who has treated Terri Schiavo and he says her husband is pulling a huge hoax simply to kill his wife. [...]

SCARBOROUGH : Coming up: a Nobel Prize-nominated neurologist who is treating Terri Schiavo says her husband is pulling a hoax. [...]

SCARBOROUGH: So, what is Terri Schiavo's true medical condition? Here to help us sort it out is Dr. William Hammesfahr. He's a neurologist who was nominated for a Nobel Prize for his work in medicine. And he's one of the doctors who has treated Terri Schiavo.

###################

More about the "quack" Hammesfahr.

In February 2003, the Florida Board of Medicine ruled that he violated state law by charging a patient for services that were not provided (Finding of Fact No. 71, PDF p. 32). The board fined Hammesfahr $2,000, placed him on probation for six months, and ordered him to pay approximately $52,000 in administrative costs and to perform 100 hours of community service.

The board also ruled that Hammesfahr's treatment of stroke patients, using a procedure he has claimed could help Terri Schiavo, was "not within the generally accepted standard of care" (Finding of Fact No. 55, PDF p. 33 ).

An October 23, 2002, Tampa Tribune article reported that during an October 2002 hearing, George Felos, attorney for Schiavo's husband, Michael Schiavo, questioned Hammesfahr's qualifications, noting that he "charges cash for treatments and advertises himself as a nominee for a Nobel Prize based on a letter his congressman wrote to the Nobel committee ."

An October 25, 2003, St. Petersburg Times article noted that Greer, who presided over the hearing, called Hammesfahr a "self-promoter" who "offered no names, no case studies, no videos and no test results to support his claim" that he had treated patients worse off than Terri Schiavo.

So once again we see the "propaganda machine" of FOX NEWS, Sean Hannity and MSNBC's Joe Scarborough are guilty of misrepresentation and absolute UN-truths in their "FAIR & BALANCED" way of diseminating duplicitious deception to further the cause of radical, right-wing happy horse$hit!

As for the "so-called" nurses mentioned who reported "abuses" by Michael...............BULL$HIT!

###########

On March 22, both the ,'Cable News Network' (CNN) and "Fox News' Fox and Friends aired interviews with Carla Sauer Iyer -- a former nurse for Terri Schiavo who in 2003 submitted an affidavit with inflammatory accusations against Terri's husband, Michael Schiavo -- but failed to report questions about Iyer's credibility .

"The Florida circuit judge who has presided over several aspects of the Schiavo case, dismissed Iyer's allegations as "incredible" and noted in a September 17, 2003, order that not even Terri Schiavo's parents sought her testimony in the case.

In both appearances, Iyer was presented as a former nurse for Terri Schiavo. Fox introduced her as a "registered nurse who "cared for Terri for more than a year between '95 and 1996." In addition, on-screen text described Iyer as "Carla Sauer Iyer; Cared for Terri Schiavo."

Iyer was introduced as a "nurse who says that she cared for Terri Schiavo [for] more than a year in the mid-1990s." As with Fox, CNN's on-screen text described Iyer as "Terri Schiavo's former nurse." Another on-screen text line presented on CNN stated that Iyer "testified about Terri Schiavo's physical state."

However , according to Judge Greer's September 2003 order, Schiavo's parents had not subpoenaed Iyer to testify. (I WONDER WHY?????----Gimp ) In both a 2003 court affidavit (posted on the website operated by Terri's parents, Robert and Mary Schindler) and her March 22 cable appearances, Iyer maintained that Terri Schiavo was constantly "alert and oriented" while under her care, "saying such things as 'mommy,' and 'help me.' "

She claimed that "Throughout my time at Palm Gardens, Michael Schiavo was focused on Terri's death. Michael would say 'When is she going to die?' 'Has she died yet?' and 'When is that bitch gonna die?' " The affidavit also included her claims that Michael Schiavo expressed the desire to "accelerate" Terri's death, that when Terri was sick and looked as if she might die, "He [Michael] would blurt out 'I'm going to be rich,' " and the assertion that "[i]t is my belief that Michael injected Terri with Regular insulin" to intentionally make her sick.

She claimed in her affidavit that "I ultimately called the police relative to this situation, and was terminated the next day."

(Golly Gee Whiz, I wonder why? You don't suppose it was cause she was a lying, hateful, vindictive bitch, do ya?--------Naw, SURELY NOT-----Editorial comment---The Gimp )

Greer dismissed Iyer's charges , noting that they -- along with a similar affidavit given by Heidi Law, another nurse who formerly took care of Terri Schiavo -- were "incredible to say the least" and that "[n]either in the testimony nor in the medical records is there support for these affidavits as they purport to detail activities and responses of Terri Schiavo. "

From Greer's decision:

"The remaining affidavits deal exclusively with events which allegedly occurred in the 1995-1997 time frame. The court feels constrained to discuss them. They are incredible to say the least.

Ms. Iyer details what amounts to a 15-month cover-up which would include the staff of Palm Garden of Lago Convalescent Center, the Guardian of the Person, the Guardian ad Litem, the medical professionals, the police and, believe it or not, Mr. and Mrs. Schindler.

Her affidavit clearly states that she would "call them (Mr. and Mrs. Schindler) anyway because I thought they should know about their daughter." The affidavit of Ms. Law speaks of Terri responding on a constant basis.

Neither in the testimony nor in the medical records is there support for these affidavits as they purport to detail activities and responses of Terri Schiavo. It is impossible to believe that Mr. and Mrs. Schindler would not have subpoenaed Ms. Iyer for the January 2000 evidentiary hearing had she contacted them as her affidavit alleges". End quote.

Now..............FOR GOD'S SAKE-------------will the folks who are eating up all this PROPAGANDA from FOX-NEWS and other so-called un-biased crap PLEASE WAKE UP and come to your senses here???

Don't you people "check" ANYTHING before you start "jumping" onto the proverbial "bandwagon"!

Respectfully.....I am your "fact checking" compadre,

Tha Gimp!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 08:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Michael stands to inherit the remainder of the $1.5 million medical malpractice judgment upon Terri's death.
http://66.195.16.55/bio660.html

Pulling her feeding tube will kill her. No one is allowed to give her food or water.

Pinellas Park, Fla., police and Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies arrest Lana Jacobs, center, of Columbia, Mo., after she attempted to bring Terri Schiavo water Tuesday afternoon March 22, 2005 at the Woodside Hospice in Pinellas Park, Fla. A federal judge earlier in the day refused to have Terri's feeding tube reinstalled. (AP Photo/Steve Nesius)
AP - Mar 22 11:13 AM

sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Your Welcome

Sparrow, Whasa Matta You?? You make all kinds of unfounded accusations but can't take a punch back. You shouldn't play in the big kids playground if that is so.

Gimpy, Darrels Joy, Finally, Someone who understands the word FACT.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sid

Yup.........that I do.........that I do!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 09:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

just as i suspected ..her loser of a husband is going to get some big $$$ out of this..is this true Gimpy ? Does anybody have a link to support the supposed gag orders ?

Larry
Old 03-22-2005, 10:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

AFFIDAVIT
STATE OF FLORIDA
COUNTY OF PINELLAS

BEFORE ME the undersigned authority personally appeared HEIDI LAW who being first duly sworn deposes and says:

http://www.terrisfight.org/documents/hlawaffidavit.htm

Carolyn Johnson, a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), cared for Terri in a nursing home in the early 1990s. She described her shock at being ordered not to provide the same care for Terri as a patient in the same room with a similar brain injury was receiving.

"I learned, as part of my training, that there was a family dispute and that the husband, as guardian, wanted no rehabilitation for Terri," Johnson explained. "Once, I wanted to put a cloth in Terri's hand to keep her hand from closing in on itself, but I was not permitted to do this, as Michael Schiavo considered that to be a form of rehabilitation."

Another CNA, Heidi Law, cared for Terri at a convalescent center in the mid and late 1990s. Law described similar orders she received not to encourage Mrs. Schiavo's recovery.

"I know that Terri did not receive routine physical therapy or any other kind of therapy. I was personally aware of orders for rehabilitation that were not being carried out," Law alleged in her affidavit. "Even though they were ordered, Michael [Schiavo] would stop them. Michael [Schiavo] ordered that Terri receive no rehabilitation or range of motion therapy."

Law also alleged that her attempts to document Terri's potential for improvement were thwarted.

"I made extensive notes and listed all of Terri's behaviors, but there was never any apparent follow-up consistent with her responsiveness," Law said. "There were trash cans at the nurses stations that we were supposed to empty each shift, and I often saw the notes in them."

Law directly disputes Michael Schiavo's claim that Terri is in a Persistent Vegetative State, as well. In her affidavit, she detailed how she routinely provided Terri with a wet washcloth filled with ice chips to keep her mouth moistened and, on at least three occasions, fed Terri flavored gelatin.

"I personally saw her swallow the ice water and never saw her gag. [Another CAN] and I frequently put orange juice or apple juice in her washcloth to give her something nice to taste, which made her happy," Law recalled. "On three or four occasions I personally fed Terri small mouthfuls of Jell-O, which she was able to swallow and enjoyed immensely."

Nurse recalls Schiavo asking, 'When is that bitch gonna die?'

Carla Sauer Iyer was a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at the same convalescent center in the mid 1990s, and also cared for Terri. She described Mr. Schiavo as being "focused on Terri's death.
http://www.cnsnews.com/Culture/Archi...20030903b.html

sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 10:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry,

Don't get pulled into this pack of lies and deceptive tactics being put out by folks that don't have a clue.

The "link" to the article mentioned above was from January 27, 2005. The judge ruled IN FAVOR of Michael Schiavo and he remains as Terry's legal guardian.

According to a recent article(s) in the Tampa Tribune and The St. Petersburg Times there is only around $50,000 remaining from the original settlement of $1.5 million. And, yes a great deal of this settlement WAS used to pay attornies for related costs associated with the ongoing battle to let Terry be removed from her feeding tube. But..........the record(s) ALSO show that a GREAT DEAL of this money went to pay for care & treatment for Terry as well.

Michael Schiavo was offered a sum of $1,000,000 just a few short weeks ago by some nut case, right-wing zealot to turn over "guardianship" to Terry's parents in order to keep her alive.

He turned it DOWN!

This is NOT about the $$$$$$$$$$.

It's about letting Terry do what she asked Michael to PROMISE her he would do if she were ever in this condition. LET HER GO!

He has said this from the start of all this crap(and has two "witnesses", her brother-in-law and sister-in-law to support this) and NO AMOUNT OF MONEY will deter him from supporting Terry's wishes!

PS---------Joy, ALL of these so-called "affidavits" have been discounted by ALL the staff at the medical center and thrown out by the judge as having NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE and subsequent bearing in this case. Each of the three (one RN and two CNA's) have been thoroughly discredited as LIERS and MALCONTENTS!

You REALLy need to check your F-A-C-T-S before posting propagandized rhetoric and misrepresentations, ya know!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 11:02 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

http://www.terrisfight.net/myths.html

Might be intresting to some to read.

I say that everyone here should make a legal living will. I am going to be filling out mine soon.

http://www.abanet.org/aging/toolkit/
sendpm.gif
Old 03-23-2005, 04:42 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Having nothing to do but pass another kidney stone last night

I watched the late night programs about Terri along with Hannity and Colmbs. This nurse was on them. Actually she was only a nurses assistant. When asked if she documented any of the interactions she said she notified her supervisor but there were no entries on her chart. She alleged that several care givers had spoken with Terri and that she would interact with them. Again no entries on the chart. She Alleged that he was in the room alone with Terri for about 20 minutes and when she came in she found an empty insulin bottle. Asked if she reported it she said yes but gets real fuzzy about to whom, She mumbeled something about being interviewed by the police but never knew the outcome. SHE WAS FIRED THE NEXT DAY. Her Statement was NOT given in court so there was never a GaG order to suppress it.

The Brother and Sister were interviewed, Boy what a pair of losers and LIARS. Both alledge that there was absolutly NO medical proof that Terri had Bulliemia nor that a pottasium imbalance was what caused the heart attack or that there was even a heart attack. Terri just passed out and for some reason her brain ceased to function. I guess that with absolutly no evidence of an eating disorder the insurance company ponied up the money.

Anyone here remember Karen Carpender? She Died of a heart attack due to bulliemia.

On this next subject I went to my resident expert, my wife. Now she is not a Doctor but she has been a radiology technologist for 25 years at Crawford Long Hospital here. She Carries National registries in Radiology, Interventional Radiology and Cardiac/Vascular Radiology, CT and MRI. She was Lead Technologist for 12 years and has been the Head of the Interventional Unit for the last 5 years. I asked her if a CT or MRI would show brain function. She said no. They would only show that there was damage to the brain and areas that were damaged, It would not show brain function or capacity to function. Sean Hanity said his brother was a radiologist and he said it would, The doctor being interviewed was one of the doctors who testified at the original trial. The Doctor flatly told Sean his brother was wrong. My comment on this is NEVER use a radiologist whose brother is named Sean Hanity.
Closed Thread