The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2004, 12:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Ahem....

Edwards ain't yet a pimple on the butt of the Elephant most of us here have seen.

Nice lookin' guy though, sorta like Dan Quayle/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2004, 02:21 PM

David,
You have many good points. Think about back in the 60's, everyone was going to college to become Majors in Business Management. Wasn't long after that, that business majors were running over each other selling themselves to the business community. I can't say I know how you feel, because I have done basically the same thing for too many years. I have a complete background in criminal justice. I worked a drug dog in the Navy, one of the first, was an investigator for the Navy before the MA rate came about. Became an MA when the rate was established. Played Sheriff on a destroyer and a fast frigate, then went back to the dogs to retire from Subic Bay in 1985. Played cop in two states (Sheriffs Dept in both), and then came to work for US Customs. A job that pays 3 times what I was making as a cop. And pretty good pay and benefits, to ask a few questions, dig through dirty laundry and get to work outside with nature.
I never was in country in Vietnam, just a deep water sailor on the USS Bennington in support, crewman in E1b (Willie Fudd). But who cares.
The point is, everyone has to make the best of all situations, good or bad. Keep plugging away.

"Life is too short to be bugged by Bull$hit"

We have to have someone in the Big House that can make a decision and stick to their guns. So far the Democrats have made decisions, then retracted their beliefs, then now they plan to change things that they were for only a few months ago. Hell, I don't know the answer. We have been picking between the the lesser of two evils for so long. We need people to vote, not get upset and refuse to have their say. VOTE !!!!!

God Bless
Willie
Old 01-24-2004, 02:23 PM

I like it. makes me jealouse. (SP)
Williams
Old 01-24-2004, 02:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well Willie, wet or dry, you are most welcome to come home here and we need ya...

Blessings...

What was your unit and what was your job... everybody wants to know.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ya I know Blue................

........... but handsome is as handsome does and this Edwards guy is starting to look like an old crusty-butt waterboo with double aperture diarrhea; unsafe from any end as it were.

The candidate that uses the sovereignty, decisions and commitments of long term and faithful allies as election season cannon fodder gets the coveted and cherished ?Total Ugly Award?. I would suggest that his well deserved trophy be completely encrusted with dumb as a symbol of his achievement.

Scamp
Old 01-24-2004, 03:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1
Default Fight it out Boys;

Who ever wins gets my vote;
Regards,
Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
Old 01-24-2004, 06:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

"crusty butt waterboo with double aperture diarhhea...". NOW I remember why I keep tuning in to this cyberlinked dog pound!

Scamp, you deserve a Pulitzer.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:39 PM

Mike,
I was in VAW 111 Det 20 on the USS Bennington and VAQ 135. Never in country but, got to see the fireworks from the water front.

You know I see a lot of talk about Iraq that comes damn close to the 60's talk. I hope the society doesn't start blameing the troops for us being in Iraq. They just don't understand, I guess the ole saying is right, "Ignorance is bliss".

Got a boy at Ft Bliss right now learning all he ever wanted to know but is afraid to ask about Bradleys. I ask why he joined the Army and not the Navy like his Dad. He said he didn't want to ride the ships! I told him we would check his shovel in a few months to see how sharp it is. He doesn't have his Dad's sense of humor.

I retired a MACS from Subic Bay, I was the kennel master, went to the dogs.

Loved the Navy, the sea and miss my old shipmates and the comrade camaraderie . Fell alot here though.
God Bless
Willie
Old 01-25-2004, 04:10 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 919

didn't they change the gun on the bradley?
I have to agree with the kid, I was on a boat one time, not for me. USS Hermetage. You Navy guys can have that, I like it when I fall down all I have to do is stand up, instead of dround.

Ron
Old 01-25-2004, 05:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hey Willie -
Well, you are among friends here, that's for sure, except for some alcoholics I hung out with over the years around tables in smoke filled rooms I've never felt as much solidarity and common purpose as here in my whole entire 57 years... not even at home with family (which may say more about how sick I truly am, than anything else :-)

Know what you mean about some of the sounds we're hearing hail the memory back to 60s talk... I'm optimistic though that the same mistake won't made this time, though one does wonder from time to time... Anyhow, stick around on here, that topic gets brought up heatedly with some frequency and your views will be warmly welcomed.

Hope you've had time to go over and visit with Boats and Scamp on Navy and Coast Guard forums, then there's also Bones who has a daily "Morning Coffee" on the Marines forum... the jarheads look favorably upon swabbies as you well know (they even tolerate the occasional zoomie)... Drifter posts some amazing stuff on here from the Marine side too, usually of a morning, several things not found anywhere else in this world or life. When things get out of hand, Little Sparrow will appear and tell everyone to mind their manners, which we then do for a spell. Doc knows a lot about military medicine and small arms, and ColMurph is a walking encyclopedia of facts about all manner of weaponry. Scout is a fine man, the kind of friend/leader you'll want under fire. Mortardude is about the best lefty we've got on here, he's rational and talks sense. Anyhoo, there's a bunch of us here for ya... hope you stay and tell us all your stories... we like hearing them, and if you ever get in trouble for any reason, just give a holler, somebody is sure to be watching your six (is that what the Navy calls it?)

Blessings to you to!