The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2007, 07:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Hypothesis:
Main Entry: hy?poth?e?sis
Function: noun
Pronunciation: h?-'p?-th&-s&s
Inflected Form(s): plural hy?poth?e?ses/-"sez/
Etymology: Greek, from hypotithenai to put under, suppose, from hypo- + tithenai to put -- more at DO
1 a : an assumption or concession made for the sake of argument b : an interpretation of a practical situation or condition taken as the ground for action
2 : a tentative assumption made in order to draw out and test its logical or empirical consequences
3 : the antecedent clause of a conditional statement
synonyms HYPOTHESIS , THEORY , LAW mean a formula derived by inference from scientific data that explains a principle operating in nature. HYPOTHESIS implies insufficient evidence to provide more than a tentative explanation . THEORY implies a greater range of evidence and greater likelihood of truth . LAW implies a statement of order and relation in nature that has been found to be invariable under the same conditions .

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2007, 08:57 AM

"Columbus"? Just out of curiosity, why is not "Leif Eriksson" mentioned more nowdays, in comparrisson to Cristopher Columbus? Not that Leif Eriksson was the one to "discover" the American continent, but as many historians now for some time has stated, Leif Eriksson was (among Europeans that is) the one leading the first successfull "discovery-expedition" to the American continet. (Coming ashore on todays "Newfoundland, Canada" A continent which they (the Vikings) named "Vinland" (Vineland in English).

I know the post I just typed, is "off topic", and perhaps being so to an even silly degree. Never the less, I am curious about the subject, and I hope that noone takes this post by me, in the wrong way. I am sincere in this, and this post is in No Way, ment as being a "covert knifee in the back"-strike to Anyone yet having posted here in This post-thread, considering how it has "developed" since it was once started. Again, I am sincere in my wonderings regarding "Columbus" versus "Eriksson".

Sincerely
A.B
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

A.B. this one is easy! Columbus brought us better dishes of food.
You never hear of a Herring Parmigiana, do you?

By the way, would you happen to know if either Columbus or Erikson were Master Chief's in their respective Navies?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20060716-sinking%20ship.jpg (77.9 KB, 43 views)

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 03-22-2007, 12:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

SH,
I wasn't sure, but it does fit into this thread well though.

I met a 30 year, W-4, from the Navy today. Holy sh** was he wired. Nice guy though. His last tour was the Nimitz. He jumped from Master Chief to W-2. Worked (AO)?(is that right?) for quite some time. I should get some more time to chat with him in about two weeks. I'll give him the Patriotfiles info then.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM

That is what the so called Master Chief offered you, an opinion or an assumption. There are no more facts in what he is alleged as saying then anything else posted here. Yet, it is what you posted and belived to be a fact. I say this so called Master Chief is full of bullshit, as it is a natural part of being a Navy E-9.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by QM3steve SH,
I wasn't sure, but it does fit into this thread well though.

I met a 30 year, W-4, from the Navy today. Holy sh** was he wired. Nice guy though. His last tour was the Nimitz. He jumped from Master Chief to W-2. Worked (AO)?(is that right?) for quite some time. I should get some more time to chat with him in about two weeks. I'll give him the Patriotfiles info then.
I'd say it fit's in here as the posted subject has rarely been the topic of this post. Don't know if your connection to the Coast Guard and the Navy are to close to have your story be believable. Maybe you should have said this guy was in the Air Force?
I could tell you from my alleged past that "AO" normally stands for Aviation Ordnance he more than likely was called "Gunner" at one point or another. Remember what the heck do I know about the Navy or anything involving Aviation?
I regret not having been a Mud Merchant, that stayed in the rear with the gear, I could have learned much more about Air Craft carriers that way!
I don't think the W-1 was used for some time. Kinda like the rank Commodore, but then again maybe not, Commodore was a rank reserved for times of War. Don't really know, maybe this guy was just extra A-J squared away and had all his ducks in a row?

Old 03-22-2007, 01:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

SH,
I'm only transferring the given information. Without the preponderance of evidence, i would say that it is merely hearsay. But by the sounds of it..or him, he had a bit of pull. AO was correct then. I'll get more info next time.

Your "REAL" evidence may never surface. Eyewitness accounts are the only facts we have and even some of those may be governmentally squashed. The "hush-hush" theory. Most of the eyewitnesses who were close enough to see the facts, didn't survive the explosions, eliminating several much needed accounts of the tragedy.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:10 PM

What was the Department of Navy's reply to your letters? I have gotten a response from them everytime I have made an inquiry even if it says "we cannot find any information on that issue".

All of the services historical departments and the NARA have always been helpful to me.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:03 PM

SparrowHawk62, Sir!

Well, I agree with you regarding the "kitchen" brought to the rest of the world, from Cristopher Columbus home-AO. Him being originally from Genua-area in Italy. And as you mention herring.... Never tried the combination you mentioned. On the other hand, there is this rather northern Swedish "culinary speciality" called "fermented herring" ("surstr?mming" in Swedish). Being Swedish myself, I have eaten it. Once. Look it up via for example "google", and you will understand the part "once".....

Am not 100 percent certain on the "rank-systems" of the 2 seperate naval eras of Columbus and Leif Eriksson, but perhaps Columbus was the equivielent of the "S4" of the joint ships mission? (Which evidently had left their "S2"-officer aftsailed somewhere around their last bunkering-stop at the Canary Islands. I mean, "India" versus were they actually did arrive to....). Eriksson on the other hand, I think leaves no doubt having been the CO (Rear Adm) of that battle group, while his father was still in Island as the Norvegian equivilence of USN's "CNO". (SECNAV still being "homebased" in Norway......).

---------------------------------------------------

39mto39g, Sir!

You reminded me of something I had heard (seen a program on television) earlier, of that the vikings later continued further south of Newfoundland also, and for a short period had a small settlement in NE corner of todays USA. But when I saw that program, there was still a debate amongst historians themselves, wether the findings were from vikings, or not. This was quite some years ago, the program I saw on television. Perhaps they (historians) have reached a consensus about it now. Have to confess, not having followed up on that part really, more in detail. What I do know is that, before they arrived to Newfoundland, they had stayed for some time at a settlement built on southern Greenland. But also that settlement was abandoned, for everyone returning to Island, and that islands permanent settlement.

From one thing, to a totally different matter.... Just wanted to let you know also that, I had a absolutely Great Time this past late December and early January, when I flew over to visit my Cacti Green friend Vic, and his family. Also this time, I brought my wife and daughter with me, and our 2 familys truly enjoyed a very good Christmas aswell as New Year together. (And A L-O-T of food.... I felt more "stuffed" after Christmas, than the turkey looked to be. Chuckle!) Only thing I wish I had more of, would perhaps have been more time for just Vic and myself alone with eachother, talking more "guys talk" so to say. Almost all time was "all family-members together"-time, and subjects and talks had to be a bit...."situation-adapted" so to say, considering the presens of underaged and females.... Yet, it was So Good to meet Vic again!

---------------------------------------------------

T G C! ( = Take Good Care!)

Sincerely
A.B