The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2003, 08:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

In a direct democracy at least we'd know who was responsible, could get rid of them, or could insist that they hear and act upon our wishes.

On the other hand, there's always Dickens' A TALE OF TWO CITIES...

Money rules the Republic, not us nor the other way around.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2003, 11:12 AM

Razz,

I hear ya.

I've been concerned with our failing economy for a couple of years. Three years ago I wasn't too concerned with losing my position, but as several months passed, our small 40-man company laid 7 people off. Six months later we lost an additional 3-4 people. We stood on shaky ground after the second layoff. None of us could plan our future or count on any sort of stability. To look for another position wasn't an option in the semi-conductor industry. Three years later, I found myself on the unemployment line along with others from a decaying business. Anyone who is not concerned with losing their position tomorrow or six months from now, may wake up to find reality knocking on their door and handing them a pink slip. Everyone should be concerned with our flailing economy...

H.C.

It's indeed a scary thought to know our unemployment benefits could be at $0.00 by the time this recession is over. I'm hoping to be out of Cali. soon. I'm taking a position working under the D.A. in AZ. I'm taking this position mainly to have some job security. I'll be making 1/3 of what I was making in Cali., but my job security is more important then the big $'s at this point in my life.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Wink PHILLY -

Interesting that you mentioned Arizona!

Just got back in about an hour ago from the No. Az. area. Left about 3:30 A.M. this morning from the San Diego region, dropped my youngest back off at University, and then made the flip-flop (about 750 plus miles, round trip)!

Gas prices even there (Az) were about $1.93 to $2.05 in Yuma, Quartzsite $1.99, Aguila about the same, and up to about $2.26 in some places!!

Hell, even my next door neighbor, a San Diego County Diesel Mechanic, is talking about moving out that way after retirement? ?Join the crowd!!?

With the monsoonal moisture still flooding northward, we ran into a little weather, including a flash flood or two across the Yuma Test Range. But all and all, Arizona is still a pretty and rugged state!

Good luck on your new employment in that area, and what ever you do, look out for those Chupacabres, I hear that they can be a real bear, or ?Goat Sucker? if you prefer!! (LOL)

VERITAS
Old 08-23-2003, 11:25 PM

H.C.,

I'm too scared to ask you what a "Goatsucker" is. LOL

During my visit to AZ, I toured Ft. Huachuca. Huachuca means Thundering Mountains in one of the regional Native American languages. What a magnificent balletic lightening show mother nature put on for us all.

Take care,

Philly
Old 08-24-2003, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

"PHILLY et al"

The "CHUPACABRA (Goat Sucker)" is a mythical beast, similar to the Yeti, Swamp Ape, and Big Foot! It is said to roam the wilderness of Northern Mexico and the Southwestern United States! It feeds primarily off of goats, cattle and the stray illegal that it happens across out in the badlands.

Naturally, the illegals are scared shitless of this non-existent (I think?) creature!

As for Fort Huachuca, visited there on a trip out to Tombstone a year or so back. I'm told that it too, like right here where I currently live (Old Camp Lockett), was an old Buffalo Soldier Base. As a matter of fact, Huachuca is (I am told) the oldest (Still Operational) military base in the nation!? It was from there that calvary units use to set out in search of Cochise, the Apache Chief! "fascinating area!!"

As for those lightening shows, Arizona is famous for them and we too got a real thrill on the way home yesterday! That, and believe it or not, we even saw two (small) heards of wild horses on the Yuma Test Range, north of Yuma, Arizona!!

Thanks for the comeback, and keep the posts rolling!!

VERITAS