The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2004, 06:27 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Reeb, thank you..

Melody,

This is from the LT. It was meant for all of us not just me. You remember it when times get hard.A salute from my heart to yours for caring for those that have bourne the battle.

Arrow>>>>>>

"Thanks to all the brothers and sister vets. ALL the vets from them that carried ammo on ships, drove tanks and trucks, flew choppers, became bullet launchers for Uncle Sam typed morning reports OR all the vets who watched the evening news every night, hoping for a glimpse of their son or husband, and put another pin in the map that was hanging on the wall, or watched us die when we got home. WE have all served our country we are all vets. Welcome home." -DMZ LT-

God Blessed Texas with His own hands brought down Angels from the promised land!

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2004, 09:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

SparrowHawk62 - Points for you to consider!!

1. This is Patriot Files.com not Veterans.com

2. Little Sparrow (Broken Arrow) fought one of the hardest battles there is to fight. Supporting her VETERAN, being strong, giving and holding on to hope, praying for a miracle and then burying him. Not entitled to an opinion??

We may disagree with some of Broken Arrows posts, but by GOD, she has earned the right to make them!

3. You stated that wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, siblings, children are not veterans unless they have served in the military and never been in combat unless they have been shot at while serving in the armed forces.

My wife and children were with me when I was stationed at Ft. Clayton, Panama when Operation Just Cause was executed. You may or may not know that was when we took out Noriega. Mortar rounds were falling within two blocks of our quarters where they hunkered down under blackout conditions. NOT veterans, NEVER been in combat?? Were you ever in a battle? My wife, daughter (at 13 years old) and my son (a 5 year old now 20) have been in combat. I believe they have the right to an opinion.

My mother can Spit Shine boots with the best of them (she taught me how when I joined). She listened to the news and watched the news reels during WW2. And was a ?Rosie the Riveter?. Looking and listening for word of my dad. Then 30 odd years later she watched the TV for me during Nam and Panama. For hours on end. For hours on end. She can probably tell you more operations that happened during those conflicts than you can ever imagine. Not a veteran, give me a break.

I was exposed to Agent Orange in Nam, Every time I have an unexplained rash my wife fears the worst until she drags me to the Dr. to find out what is going on. Son in the Navy who she tracks every movement of when he is deployed, one who tracks the news about what is going on in the world in case her son may be deployed there. Not a veteran?

Your opinions and posts, however, have lost any meaning, YOU have no knowledge of what constitutes who is a veteran.

Dad and Aunt & Uncle, U.S. Army; brother, U.S. Navy; brothers-in-law, U.S. Navy and U.S. Marines; Fathers-in-law, U.S. Army/Navy (served in both) and U.S. Army; Son, Navy; Son & daughter-in-law, U.S. Air Force; Son-in-law, Navy; Nephew, U.S. Air Force and a Cousin, Army-on The Wall. Officer and enlisted, special forces, medic and clerk typist and everything in between.

Go away Sparrow Hawk 62. Your bigotry will not be tolerated by ME at least!!

SFC (RET) Darrel Miller and very extended MILITARY family.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:00 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Democrats

Kennedy is just a stupid. Calling for Rumsfeld to resign.
Lets put this in perspective, If a cop in New York commited a misterminor, should the Police chief resign?
The whole world is laughing there asses off at us, we pay more attention to some jerks that were made to walk around naked than we did to the Americans that were draged through the streets after being burned.
These prisoners aren't in that prison because they like us, They were caught trying to kill our guys. why people care about them I just can't understand. Kennedy asking if the prisoners got there red cross vist, He needs to get a nother girl friend to kill.
Ron
Old 05-09-2004, 07:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default Re: SparrowHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g A bit hipacridical,
You don't want to "exicute" 20 prisoners but then you write "Bomb the snot out of every major city the enemy has"
And this would kill , No one??
Do every thing ya can to keep out of a war, but, once you delair war, Leave your nice at home.
Start at one end of there country and kill every thing that moves until they say "I quit" then make them pay for it and leave. End of War.
And---- the next one that thinks about having a war with us--wont.
And --- Do Not worry yourself about any one from Texas, Than can take care of themselfs, Just test one.
Ron
Hippocratic, guess I should explain, so for you then. When you bomb a city there is no obligation to take care of the inhabitants of that city. By bombing cities you deprive the enemy of a number of things, sources of food, water, information, shelter.
When taken prisoners you are obligated to provide most of these things. That's the way the game is played.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 05-09-2004, 07:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Quote:
Originally posted by little sparrow Sparrowhawk,
Iagree completely with your definitions. And yet I will not give up my place at the table or an honorary title of vet granted to me by more than one of my brothers because you and others on this board are uncomfortable with it.
There I go again.Standin' up and talkin' back. Dang me, Dang me they ought take a rope and hang me, hangmefrom the highest tree,ohhoney would ya weep for me...
Arrow>>>>>>>>>
No one is asking you to give up anything, call yourself what ever you'd like. Wearing a title doesn't make you what the title implies.

I can tie a coil of thirteen, no problem.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 05-09-2004, 07:32 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

SFC (RET) Darrel Miller,

Thank you Darrelfor your kind words.You just gave me one of the finestMother'sDay giftsa woman could have. God Bless you& Joy& your extended military family for your service to this country.

"Welcome Home"

Arrow>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-09-2004, 07:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron,

Ron,

It would seem your handicap is that you always go for the logic and flow of the situation at hand. Cops, fireman, military people and many others by the very nature of their work have to think this way or there are consequences. Social theorists, as most politicos are, don?t bother with these types of handicaps simply because pleasing some yappidy-yap concept has no direct consequence to them and they become insular to the concepts of reality. Alas, destroying the political opposition is all that drives their engines, regardless of consequences.

In this particular Iraq scenario, it is relevant that the investigation be thorough, that the accused be tried, the guilty are punished, and if we have a systemic problem with prisoner handling, the problems need to be fixed. By necessity, this process needs to be something other than the ?Mad Hatter (s)? racing around creating a lot of heat and no light. My helmet inscription during the VN War said, ?Excreta Tarsus Vincent Cerebrum? (BS beats logic) and it seems that inscription was more than just an attitude situation at the time. Even some of the same old players are still at it, SOSDD.

Scamp
Old 05-09-2004, 07:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 62,...

...Hawk,...

...I'm sure your as hardline as the rest of us in your beliefs, and convictions,...

... however your reluctence to acknowledge that Veteran's that "haven't been in ""combat"" don't """rate""" , don't cut it,...

...I'm a Veteran, been in ""hand to hand" with an "armed domestic combatent", while unarmed, and although never serving in a """combat zone" , and suffer from PTSD,...

...So as with what you have stated goes along with Non Veteran's, and Non Combat Vet's don't have a right to have true feelings, and don't deserve any considerations what so ever,...

...Your misalligment of knowledge leads me to believe that you should open your mind, and see the many facets of the worlds truths other than a constricted view you have, ""no slam" , I respect you as any other, and Sis has been there for so many, for so long, myself included in the middle of the night when things have gone haywire, she is an angel of mercy, and rightly deserving,...

...acceptence beyond reproach, she is an unchallenged Sister with only the best intentions in mind for any veteran, and/or spouse, undaunted in her quest, and have been a mainstay here, and elsewhere for a good ? 5 years ?,...

..."the mission" folks, "the mission",...

..."keep movin",...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-09-2004, 08:06 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Re: Democrats

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Kennedy is just a stupid. Calling for Rumsfeld to resign. Lets put this in perspective, If a cop in New York commited a misterminor, should the Police chief resign? The whole world is laughing there asses off at us, we pay more attention to some jerks that were made to walk around naked than we did to the Americans that were draged through the streets after being burned. These prisoners aren't in that prison because they like us, They were caught trying to kill our guys. why people care about them I just can't understand. Kennedy asking if the prisoners got there red cross vist, He needs to get a nother girl friend to kill. Ron
Ron,

I don't get it either.Maybe it'sas Neil said this morning in his thread. National sucide with Jim Jones types in the congressional cloak room makin' deals and mixin' up the purple kool aidto serve to the masses on silver trays engraved with the logo of the United Nations.

Arrow>>>>>>

Old 05-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default People

Seascamp. Your right i tend to go right for the problem and fix it.
Way to old to change now.

Hawk, Your talking about being obligated to prisoners and not obligated if you bomb there city. Huh?????? You got to be a Democrat,
If you are at war with a country, I wouldn't feel obligated to take prisoners and if prisoners were taken I wouldn't feel obligated to them at all. I also wouldn't feel obligated to do anything for there cities that I bombed except get the money that the bomb cost from them. In VN there used to be a leaflet that the VC could turn in to a GI for safe passage and become a prisoner. I seen a VC with one of these leaflets stuck to his forehead and his hands in the air, and our snipper put a 30.06 right between his eyes. and we kept walking. Didn't feel obligated at all, he kills our guys, he dies, hands up just makes an easy target. Suuuupit!

Ron