The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2002, 03:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Drunk Archery!!!!

HOYIN,

Get out this Saloon before they totally corrupt You!

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2002, 10:17 AM

Default Not to worry Keith

I hunted deer with a bow for over thirty years and never had one go off accidentally.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

Um....I thought I was corrupting them! Anyway..its very hard to corrupt whats already corrupted. *snicker*
Old 08-12-2002, 09:32 AM

This could be a first,
A whole weekend with nobody in the saloon. Maybe if I fire up the grill and throw some of these pork chops on, along with some corn on the cob, I'll entice somebody thru the door. Got some homegrown tomatoes for the salad. Ummm, Ummmm, Ummmmm.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

I'm here actually..got some time off from work! Party party party!
I'll take a chop..and corn and a glass of rum and coke to go with. Its near noon.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:52 AM

Here you go, Hoyin, your chow and one rum and coke. It's always noon somewhere.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default just put...

...a whisper bisket on mine..., got tired of the down flight rest, and although some say it's hard on the flights themselves, i've angled mine forward a bit without any problems, ands eyes hittin' 40 yards no problem...
...bought a "Martin Magnum" 3.9 lbs with 80 % let off, 70 lb pull max, but don't need that much,... 28 1/4 " arrows with 100 grain split fires, I'm ready...

...only rule..."if you've taken your first drink, you've fired your last shot"...

...good hunting this year all, our tags go on sale 08/19/02, and they are issueing doe permits electronally from the issueing agents, and you'll know at point of sale weather, or not you get one... it's a lottery system...

...still waiting on that "tap".....

...and Drywall, 4 more posts, and you become a "senior"???

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-12-2002, 10:33 AM

If its a tap brew your waitin on, here it is. Go ahead and help yourself to the pork chops and corn.

I never got into the compounds myself. Just had a #60 Ben pearson recurve. Used to make my own arrows and painted em in a black and gray camo pattern before it got popular. Put white fletching so I could see em in flight better and it made em easier to find. They built all kinds of housing developements on my old hunting grounds and it's getting harder and harder to find a place to hunt without having to travel several hours north of here.

Bow season, either sex, starts on Sept. 14 and runs thru Dec. 31. I personally think it starts too early. Can't see 25 yds in the woods at that time of year.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Hunting, Anyone Say Hunting!

When we lived in Newport, WA. Northeast Washington. Great Whitetail Hunting. Long one month season. Most of the locals get their deer, even the bow hunters. I could almost hunt out my back door. Then I moved to the desert of Ellensburg. Got to travel to hunt and its Mule Deer. They are little bigger but don't taste as good as the White Tail. Two different kinds of hunting.

I usually use my 30-06 but when living in Western Washington I started using a Slug Gun. They have areas near the cities that you can only use Shotguns. Started using the shotgun on tree stands even around Newport. Slugs do less damage to the deer and kill just as quick.

Keith
Old 08-12-2002, 11:14 AM

The whole southern third of Mn. is shotgun only. Northern two thirds is rifle country. Most guys around here will use a 30-30, 30-06 or 308. I used to have an old stevens .410. Bolt action single shot. It was pretty accurate and good knock down power for a small gage shotgun. I can't remember how many grains the slug was, but it was a good chunk of lead. My cousin had the bright idea to strip the feathers off an arrow and fire the arrow out of the .410 barrel. Dumb idea. Luckily neither one of us got hurt, but man, the dumb things we did as kids.