The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2006, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Nope

ain't gonna happen twicest mah deah yankee frand bOOb, BooB, Bobble, er-a---------------whateva!

I ain't about ta 'let my guard down', no sir-ee, neva, eva agin.......Anyways, y'all dun't look nuthin like no General Grant anywho. We'un's gots us a park down heanh in Hotlanta with a staute of General Grant specially put thare fer tha pet pigeons and other such 'fowl' critters ta DUMP ON...... and I dun seen a pitcher (photo) of YOU .............and thay ain't NO RESEMBLANCE whatsumeva!

Dontcha pay no a-tention ta boob, er-a BooB, er-a Bobble, aw hell Curtis, you knoes who I meen !

Curtis is-a a one hunert purcent (100%) honorary 'Rebel" if-n thay EVA wuz one!

Dontcha woryy though there bOOb, er-aBooB......aw $hit .......you knoes WHO you are, dontcha? Me and mah deah Suthern Brother, The Honorable J.E.B. Packo will be more than glad ta 'induct' y'all into tha "ranks" of our Cavalier Society & Brotherhood if'n y'all can keep improvin yo 'vocabulary' uv our most southern dialect. ....................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2006, 05:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gimpy
Thats the problem with dem dar there statues....They're standin still so naturally you're gonna get $hit on.....Like Sherman. (by the way....didnt they name a tank after him? Which is alot better then naming a tank after Lee... "Lee tank" just doesn't have it)Lets get back to what I wanted to say.....Now I cant remember.....Im going to bed
Boob K....no bOOb K....no Booble.....Damnit Gimpy y'all got me phuckin' confused

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-11-2006, 06:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Going to bed,...

...jeez,...

...going to bed, I tried to call you last night, and now tonight at 23:30 all tucked in, and hang up on me, musta had a tuff takedown today, Boston creme, or Honey dipped,...

...And a danke to you Mr. Gimp'ster as i do aappresheate the holler, as Bob's one of them northeners that went West before South, he wend bad long time ago, an der aint no savin him now, Lordy be, aint no savin him now,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-11-2006, 08:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

bob k - please note:

The "Lee" M3 Medium Tank first saw action in 1942 during the North African Campaign. Lees were in action against Rommel's forces at the Battle of Gazala in May that year. They continued to serve in North Africa until the end of that campaign. A regiment of M3 Lees was also used by the US 1st Armored Division in North Africa. In the North African camapign, the M3 was generally appreciated for its mechanical reliability, good armor, and heavy firepower. In all three areas it outclassed the available British tanks, and was able to fight German tanks and towed anti-tank guns. The tall sillhouette and low, hull-mounted 75 mm were severe tactical drawbacks since they prevented the tank from fighting from hull-down firing positions. The M3 was replaced by the Sherman as soon as these were available, and none were used in the European theatre after May 1943.

In the Pacific, a very small number were used by the US Army in the Makin Atoll in 1943. None were supplied to the U.S. Marine Corps. Australian forces received several hundred, but none were used in combat. British M3s were used in the China-Burma-India theatre, where their flaws were less important compared to the poor Japanese tanks.

Over 1,300 diesel engined M3A3 and M3A5s were supplied to the USSR via lend-lease in 1942-43. The lend lease M3s were very unpopular in the Red Army, where its faults were shown up in the most intense tank combat environment of the war. The M3 earned the nickname of the 'Grave for seven brothers'. Few were seen in combat after about mid-1943.

Overall, the M3 was able to cope with the battlefield of 1942. Its armor and firepower were the equal or superior to most of the threats it faced. Long-range, high velocity guns were not yet common on German tanks. However, the rapid pace of tank development in WW2 meant that it was very quickly outclassed. By mid-1943, with the introduction of the German Panther, the up-gunning of the Panzer IV to a long 75 mm gun, and the availability of large numbers of Shermans, the M3 was rightly withdrawn from service.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Doc.2/47

Might note there was also a Stuart (named for J.E.B. Stuart)tank that could run circles around "Shermans" just like its' namesake.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Yes Hal.....and hopefully Rig will provide us with that information as he blew away that poor pitiful Gen. Pulaski from Indiana. Never was a Pulaski tank........I hope. Honey on Grits????? Same same sugar. No self-respectin' Southerner would ever put Honey or Sugar on his Grits. (Unless it's the Girls Raised in the South kind.) Nor would they eat "instant". Blech....

J.E.B.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-12-2006, 04:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The Lee tank followed in the footsteps of General Lee. who was also replaced by a Sherman.....Now I hate to admit it but, before heading to Indy, I did migrate south to Winter Park Florida for 2 years.....
Paco
The infamous Polish war hero, Gen Pulaski, which has a day honoring him (like the Easter bunny and Santa Claus) also has a parade in his honor in New York city.
Do you know what the two smallest books are in the Library of Congress?.........Who's Who in Puerto Rico, and Polish War Heros.
Curtis
Sorry for the disconnect....cell phone doesn't work too well where I was located.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-12-2006, 09:06 PM

Ok there two types of people from the North that come down South.

(1) Yankee- one who comes down and then goes home.

(2) Damn Yankee- one who comes down and stays.

I really have not heard of to many people going up North to settle into retirement. I think it is the other way around.

REBEL

It is the Good Lord\'s job to forgive Osama if he wishes to. It is the U.S. Military\'s job to arrange the MEETING.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:30 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The way we have always described people from up north is just a simple phrase...."ah well, there just wierd, there from up north."
Old 04-12-2006, 11:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Reb,...

...Yep,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk