The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2005, 01:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Sid and Bob : when I was younger my older cousin Larry in Nebraska told me the best advice on Beer, he said" Jerry the best beer in the world is FREE beer" and that still holds true.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Curtis
Listen to what Jerry said
Jerry
You need to come over sometime between the 21 and the 24th of April so I can pop-a-top on a cold one for you.
Sid
Running water....Electricity....I wont know how to act
Bob K
Attached Images
File Type: gif 73d-ar.gif (2.8 KB, 25 views)

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Brilliant Idea for PF donation

One of my hunting buddies is a DA civilian with the corps of engineers. Some of you met him on Psyco mountain last year (Alan Miller). Alan volunteered to go to Iraq as a project engineer for some of the building going on. He is there now, Arrived about a week ago in Mosul. I am going to send one of the flags I just ordered to him and get a Picture of it in Iraq along with signatures and then put it up on Ebay for Auction. Will split the money 50/50 to David and the PF.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Heading to Psyco Mtn. for a practice party run this weekend. Got to zero the 444 ifin we are gonna eat some pig in April. Better practice my shuffleboard shooting and card playing while I am at it. Can't wait !
Old 02-11-2005, 04:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

LT...have fun, be safe and remember.....no matter how nice and pretty the camp fire looks, you are not allowed to jump in it!

Personally, I am off to the southern state of Iowa, found a nice Black Lab for sell and am going to check him out.

Have fun brother!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-12-2005, 06:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Psyco Buttes

Boys, the jury's still out whetther I can make it or not this year and the longer I wait thw less chance I have.
Been making a lot of changes in my life, dragging up from the ol homestead here in San Pablo (city motto: "We're not as bad as youve heard!") Its taking time and effort to do all this--its what I do when I'm away from here, when I'm not just smelling flowers and watching sunsets.
self and the B&C are selling property and moving up to Oregon--we bought a 10 acre spread, 5 bd/3 bath on top of a mountain. There's thousands of acres surrounding us of logged and replanted private (Cascade Lumber) land--its like living in yr own Christmas Tree farm. Did I say hot tub, ponds, guesthouse, barns? Camping areas and shooting range? This would be the place for hunters (Ron?) I may be squeamish about gunning down l Bambi's Mom but I'd probably eat her if she was served up nice--maybe braised in sous de blackberries which just abound.
I want to name the place Psyco Buttes in honor of Sid's place but not to copy it. Other Choices: the Lazy J, Rancho Deadendo, Veteran's End.

So if I don't make this one, will some of you guys come if I have the West Coast one there but don't make the April one? I'm thinking August, it'll be warm then. I just spent the last week cruising the Oregon coast. It's less than 2 hours from Psyco Buttes, and plenty of Chatter boats in case you guys want more fishing ( too much like work!)of that. There's a fishable and water ski--able lake 15 minutes away (foster Lake) and I'm trying to snooker my Dad's ski boat away from him--he never uses it anyway. I may have to hit him.

So I can say I'l try and If I don't make it it won't be for lack of intention or money--just "exigencies of the service" as I read somwheres
stay good, all, I'l try and be more regular here now but there'll be some more blank spaces, next month esp
James

picture is Psyco buttes, house about dead center upper behind trees
Old 02-12-2005, 06:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default How'd that get so big?

sorry guys, that file is huge-must have set it wrong
Also: Psyco Buttes has electric; running water and toilets too. I'm not trying to take on big about this, its just does (lol)
James
Old 02-12-2005, 06:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James
You show up in Georgia and I'll make to Oregon (provided you have it after the the Brickyard 400 the first week in August).
Jump on the phone and make your reservations NOW
See ya in April
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 02-12-2005, 07:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well, maybe

Quote:
Originally posted by b3196 James
You show up in Georgia and I'll make to Oregon (provided you have it after the the Brickyard 400 the first week in August).
Jump on the phone and make your reservations NOW
See ya in April
Bob K
I'm trying to think the whole thing through, at least as far as I ever do. Last year I combined the thing with my annual pilgrimage to New Orleans and just had a rare old time for 2 weeks, which is how I normally like to spend ANY 2 weeks.
but I have to say it got a tad expensive hitting all the sites: Atlanta Psyco Mountain Memphis New Orleans, not to mention Shiloh, Murfrees boro and Chickamaugua AND The Jazz fest AND the Crawdad Fest (which got rained on) all in what?: 2 weeks. That PT cruiser was fun, too, esp with OK plates. I'm glad this was before the election.
ANyway, I may change the plan and go somewhere's I NEVER expected to go and swore I wouldn't--North Carolina. Well, I went back to Vietnam, didn't I ? I know I know: youre thinking: James--is this wise? Would this lead to a good time?
No, here's the truth: I was talking recently with a friend of my son's, who was in the 82d in Fayetteville 1996--2000. He says they took the old Slave Market out of the public square! NO!! OOOOOOOOmigod--did the liberals take over that place too? It was the Chamber of Commerce Building when I was there. I am making NONE of this up!
He described it exactly the way I remember it, other than that. Ihave to see this for myself. I think the warrants against me there have probably expired.
Plus I have friends there I might like to cruise Ft Bragg again with.

Did I say I probably am getting married in here this year somewhere's? I know what youre thinking again: JAMES--is THIS wise? A good question, no doubt Not that any woman will have a say in my life but you know how they get, I've divorced 2 of em before
James
Old 02-12-2005, 07:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Well, maybe

[quote]Originally posted by exlrrp

oops. pushed the wrong button