The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Kieth

Although you may believe " that the tremendous attack upon the Christian Community almost results in the taking away of the religious freedoms" I believe that every one has religous freedom, Its a matter of where you have this freedom. IN a privet setting, in a chuch , on privet property, Have any religon you wish, Land that is payed for by all taxpayers shouldn't be subject to any one religon occupying that land or building, If you can't have ALL religons on Public land/Building then you should have none. Have the freedom to express your religous beliefs is not changed. just the location.
I have no idea what the ACLU is about, But i dought that " The ACLU wants the USA to be an aithiest STATE""
Unless the ACLU has said this in public or in writting I would guess that this statement is an opinion. And if they had, then there is no place for them in or on public land/ building either.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2006, 07:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

I strongly suggest that you do a little bit of research about the ACLU, and what they really stand for; you might be disgustingly surprised, as many people have become, that what Keith said about them in not his opinion, but what indeed they profess and follow. They are not to be trusted.

Then go back and do a little reading about the Founding Fathers, what they believed in, and how they incorporated their beliefs in such important papers and documents as The Federalist Papers, the US Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If the stated purpose of the ACLU is to protect the Bill of Rights, why do we also have an NRA?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post What I am saying is:

When anyone starts making religious issues out of Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny, which are nothing more than secular materialistic ploys to make money off of Religious Holidays, they should really sit down and think about exactly what they are saying. Attack commercial greed for the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause, but leave the religion out of it. Religion didn't ask for the Easter Bunny or Santa Clause, that was all a done by the greeding secular community.

Keith
Old 04-17-2006, 04:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith
People with one track minds, and a lower than average IQ, believe that Santa Claus and the Easter bunny are directly associated with religion. I just have to sit back and laugh at these dumbasses
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-17-2006, 04:08 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Kieth, SS

Im done talking about this, I don't care about ACLU, Christmas, Easter, What our founding fathere may or may not have been thinking, or if Religon is in the Government,
The only one that may have a valid agument to this whole thing was Rebelwitho, When he brought up the cross's in Arlington, Thats very hard to get around when you are trying to remove religous symbols from government.
The End
Old 04-17-2006, 05:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

Glad you're done with this, as cyber-talking to you was the intellectual equivalent of putting my head in a vise and applying pressure. And the crosses at Arlington, and every other national cemetery for that matter, has nothing to do with the 'establishment of religion', an issue that got your panties in such a knot to begin with. The crosses simply recognize the religion of the deceased warrior.

Bob K: I laughing with you!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-17-2006, 05:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brice
I checked out my "government" issued dog tags and lo and behold it has the words 'Catholic" stamped on them.....I feel violated.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-17-2006, 07:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well

I'll just be a hornswaggled, cross-eyed, knock-kneed, flatfooted, redneck hillbilly if'n mah 'dog tags' don't have a simular notation uv mah denomination on'um as well?

How bout thet?..............I s'pose it's a secret 'plot' or sumthin, huh?

PS------I'm kinda
"tickled" my-ownself, ya knoes whut I meen?...

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SS, BOB

When Did I say anything about 'establishment of religion'.?
I think you both are just about as funny as one person can get.
There are other ways of thinking about any subject besides your two opinions.
The crosses in Arlington was a very good point that would establish a religous symbol on Government land, Even if you think the crosses are nothing more than the religon of the person. The point was made by ""Rebelwitho" not me.
Its very hard to engage in an intellectual debate with some one with no amunition.
Again, I could care less about the whole subject.