Name and Rank: Airman 1st Class Devonte Edmond
Unit: 48th Force Support Squadron, RAF Lakenheath
Duty Title: Career development technician
Time in Service: 1 year, 8 months
Time at Lakenheath: 1 year, 6 months
Hometown: Conroe, Texas
Hobbies: Sports, hanging out with friends and traveling
Core Value Portrayed: "Service Before Self"

How does the individual portray that core value?
Edmond goes above and beyond when assisting others, and he always puts the mission first. His hard work and dedication is always top notch. He shows pride in the mission, 48th FSS, and the fighter wing family.

Why is serving in the Air Force important to you?
I have the opportunity to serve my country, and create a great legacy for my family's name.

What accomplishment during your Air Force career are you most proud of?
I am most proud of being a part of security detail during the carrying of the Olympic torch through Newmarket, England, it was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

What are your personal and/or professional goals?
My personal goal for the Air Force is to one day become a pararescueman. My professional goal is to get a degree in criminal justice so I can be a police officer and continue to serve my country.

What is your favorite part of your job?
As a career development technician there are many benefits of my job. If I had to pick one out of the many reasons, it would be knowing that I can assist all Airmen and their families to have a smooth transition to their next gaining location or during their separation or retirement process.*

(Photo above)
ROYAL AIR FORCE LAKENHEATH, England -- Airman 1st Class Devonte Edmond, 48th Force Support Squadron career development technician, files paperwork Dec. 27, 2012. Edmond was nominated for a Liberty Spotlight, because he displays the core value of "Service Before Self." (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Dana J. Butler)

Courtesy of 48th Fighter Wing Public Affairs

tags:
Spotlight on You!
Devonte Edmond
Service Before Self

Section:
Spotlight On You!

Tweet
Email
Print

Career development technician displays “Service Before Self”

Airman 1st Class Devonte Edmond
Mon., January 07
Name and Rank: Airman 1st Class Devonte Edmond
Unit: 48th Force Support Squadron, RAF Lakenheath
Duty Title: Career development technician
Time in Service: 1 year, 8 months
Time at Lakenheath: 1 year, 6 months
Hometown: Conroe, Texas
Hobbies: Sports, hanging out with friends and traveling
Core Value Portrayed: "Service Before Self"

How does the individual portray that core value?
Edmond goes above and beyond when assisting others, and he always puts the mission first. His hard work and dedication is always top notch. He shows pride in the mission, 48th FSS, and the fighter wing family.

Why is serving in the Air Force important to you?
I have the opportunity to serve my country, and create a great legacy for my family's name.

What accomplishment during your Air Force career are you most proud of?
I am most proud of being a part of security detail during the carrying of the Olympic torch through Newmarket, England, it was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

What are your personal and/or professional goals?
My personal goal for the Air Force is to one day become a pararescueman. My professional goal is to get a degree in criminal justice so I can be a police officer and continue to serve my country.

What is your favorite part of your job?
As a career development technician there are many benefits of my job. If I had to pick one out of the many reasons, it would be knowing that I can assist all Airmen and their families to have a smooth transition to their next gaining location or during their separation or retirement process.*

(Photo above)
ROYAL AIR FORCE LAKENHEATH, England -- Airman 1st Class Devonte Edmond, 48th Force Support Squadron career development technician, files paperwork Dec. 27, 2012. Edmond was nominated for a Liberty Spotlight, because he displays the core value of "Service Before Self." (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Dana J. Butler)

Courtesy of 48th Fighter Wing Public Affairs

More...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links