Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2003, 04:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Letter From Marine Lance Cpl. Michael J. Williams

Sunday, April 27, 2003; Page A18

Marine Lance Cpl.

Michael J. Williams

Hi Sweetheart. We are traveling through the Mediterranean Sea right now. Two days ago we went through the Strait of Gibraltar, passing by Africa and Spain. Today we are going to pass by Italy. One day you and I will come back for vacation. ..... It is Sunday and I left Phoenix 1 month ago. It seems like 1 year. I know I am here to do a job that not everyone can handle or they just choose not to do. I can't help but wonder what God has in store for me and for us. God knows I live to love and would die to give just one person a chance for life in a peaceful world. My weakness in life just might be my willingness to sacrifice my life for the good of this world we live in. I am not trying to make you worry about me, but only to know that I am here because I want to be here and that I believe God has given me the chance to help the people who have helped me, and also the people I have not even met yet. I love you Heather, and I want to spend my life with you, but God has called me to do this first. There is a phrase the Marine Corps adopted, it is "Semper Fi." It means "Always Faithful." To God, my country, my family I will always be faithful. You are now part of my family. When all of this is over, God will have revealed his plan for me being here ..... For now, I belong to my country, when I come back, I am yours.

Williams, 31, of Yuma, Ariz., was killed March 23 in Nasiriyah by Iraqi soldiers who pretended to surrender, then opened fire when Marines approached.

? 2003 The Washington Post Company

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2003, 09:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

God bless them all and may thier reunions in Heaven be sweet and pleasant "semper fi" and amen