The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2002, 10:05 AM

Default Wazza, tell me something about this Red Tail wine?

Hey Waz,

Saw in the store over the weekend Australian wine called Red Tail have you ever had any and is it any good?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2002, 04:32 AM

Tell you the truth Boats I've never heard of it. Doesn't sound like a label name we would use. Do you have truth in labeling over there? What does it say on the bottle. Product of Australia? Bottled in USA? Like Johnny Walker scotch out here is product of Scotland but bottled in Oz. J.D bless his Tn soul is Product of USA and bottled in USA.

Did you even get the series of photos I sent David re the USS Cole and the torpedo shot on HMAS Torrens?????

Just as a side issue. Foster's in UK is brewed to UK tastes and it's probably the same Stateside. Myself, I used to be able to drink any of it but have only had Schlitz and Bud.

I'd like to try Labutt but Jane wont buy me one. Guess I'll have to go see Drywall and freeze my butt off.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:46 AM

Will buy you a case. Labatt Ice, not Labatt Blue.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:54 AM

What's the difference, alcohol content or just where the water came from to brew it?
Old 11-05-2002, 05:01 AM

Wazza,

Yep made in Australia. Had several types like white, red and pink.
But I haven't been back to the store to get more info off the bottle. Will Advise.

Blue is good beer I have that when I go to For McMurray Alberta in Northern Alberta. Syncrude project - tar sands area.

I also like a German beer I got when I was in Dusseldorf it was black as ink but boy did it taste good. I had several of those puppies before coming back stateside.

Don't care for the beer in the Netherlands to pale and really doesn't have the taste I like. I've had Foster's but would prefer a St. Paulies Girl over it - sorry. Don't like Bud.

Wine my wife and I like the Italian wines not the French types.

Jane are the Ice drinks like a lemon aide? I've had Two-Dogs in Kansas and really liked those.

I also lilke grapa with coffee or brandy on cold days. Once in a while I will have a gin martini which kinda takes the knee caps out if you know what I mean. I really only get those because I like the olives - yea right!!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-05-2002, 05:11 AM

Boats,

How was the long weekend?

Did David email you those pics?

Sorry boys and girls but drank all over Eurpoe their wine is generally too sweet for me. But some Italian wine is to my liking.

German beer is good, Dutch beer is good, English beer is strong. Irish beer is black and we have a beer in Oz called Tooheys Old. It's a, it's a, it's a, it's thirst quenching 5.2% alcohol by volume and a lot like guinness. It's like drinking milk and getting the white froth on your moustache, then slowly licking it off beautiful. too sw
Old 11-05-2002, 05:16 AM

Wazza,

No Pic's yet. Toohey's Old sounds like clug! Nice alcohol content but I think too thick for my palet. Irish beer is good have had a few but the Germans can make a good beer I'd be hard pressed to find another I like as well as theirs.

In PI we had Sam Miguel - we called it Moogo beer. Gave you the hershey trotts for a week - ha ha. I agree a sweet wine isn't my bag either.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"