Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2019, 10:26 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Replay Or Re-Invent

12-29-2019

(More personal opinions)

So here we go again – yet another one of those seemingly never-ending years is fast drawing to an abrupt and tumultuous end! “And yet, and like all of those other years that have come and gone before it, most of us are still making promises that will quickly fall along the wayside and this almost before the last words exit our ever quivering mouths?”

And Politics As Well are a splendid example of this analogy, with but a single exception? It being that many politicians have little (or no) actual intention of ever keeping a promise to begin with? “And Hell”, even the hallowed halls of a few of our own religious communities have been rife of late with untruth or at the very least, constant re-interpretation - And More Is The Shame! For there are some aspects of life where truth should (and must) be a given – “Should They Not?”

So and after all is said and done, just what does that leave for us to look forward to in this next rolling year – yet another 365 days of fooling ourselves on a near-daily basis perhaps?

Or will we finally, after countless exhausted eons, eventually make an honest attempt at enacting progressive changes where change is needed, meaningful corrections where they are called for and critical improvements where they are absolutely imperative?

So once again – “Tempus Fugit & Happy New Year Y’all!!”

Hardcore
Old 12-29-2019, 11:11 AM

Arrow

HC - it doesn't get any easier regardless of what we'd like to see. I still hold the US in high regards no matter the infighting. This isn't our first go around within our republic.
Every now and then it needs to reconnect with its roots and the true meaning of the United States of America.

This is not to say this will never happen again - its just a correction in the process by which our government works. Our penitence is to work through it and hopefully come back stronger than ever.

This year hasn't been a cake walk for our troops (it never has been) and many are still fighting around the world. Our leadership of late is getting old and we need new fresh congressional soldier's in both houses of Congress. Old school is great but new fresh ideas are better at times.

I want to see a day - (but I won't live that long) - where the entire world will work together and accomplish great things. Once we quite spending our monies on weapons and fighting wars of which we see little gain - I'm sure we will have more progress as a result.

Person note: My older sister is getting ready to check out - she's just marching time and currently a nursing home with no idea what's happening to her. Her kids say its dementia and that she has been going down hill now for some time. After that I'm next in the food chain. Wife isn't doing much better - as the medical conditions are ever present and more active - and she says she just wants to die. (God Help Me).

Christmas came and went for us - She mailed out cards and didn't want the tree up this year or decorations. I still put up our small tree and did partial light work on the outside of the house. I won't go on the ladder's anymore sure as hell I will fall and survive but I may break like a light bulb - and then be useless for Kath.

Haven't had a bad winter storm yet in fact its 58 in Chicago and I can handle that.

HC and Mrs. HC you guys have a Great Holiday and New Years enjoy your life while you still can. Stay active because once you don't - well let's just say that wouldn't be a good sign.

Let's all say a Prayer for our Service Men & Women. And wish them a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years. To our Wounded Hero's - hang in there our prayers are going out to you and your family. We thank our Active and Reserve Military for their service to our Country. Later in life you will be like the rest of us old farts - telling stories about your time on the line and issues of that day when things got ugly.

Hug's go out to all from this old timer - and I hope that we are all here again next year in as good a health as we get to do it one more time.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote