The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Arrow “Nothing Replaces a Daddy” – Lt. Col. Oliver North

The following story is an excerpt from Lt. Col. Oliver North’s new release, American Heroes: In the Fight Against Radical Islam.

“The explosion of a carefully planted IED mangled Sgt Edwards below his body armor. The first person to him was U.S. Navy medical Corpsman Christopher Anderson. The man they called “Doc” Anderson immediately applied tourniquets to Edwards’ shattered limbs and started an IV to ward off shock.

As they raced for the LZZ to meet an inbound casualty-evacuation helicopter, Edwards looked up at the man who was checking his pulse and said, ‘take care of my babies, Doc.’

Anderson shouted back, ‘You’re going to take care of your babies. You’re going to be OK!’

Marine Sgt Gregory Edwards was on his third deployment to Iraq when new wounds sent him back to Walter Reed. In 2003 he had been part of the initial assault on Baghdad and saw the statue of Saddam Hussein toppled. He’d been wounded on his second deployment and spent time recovering at Bethesda and Walter Reed. When 1st Bn, 6th Marines, was slated for a third deployment, he insisted on going along.

This time, however Gregory Edwards’ road to recovery would never end. Though the doctors operated on him more than thirty times, they couldn’t save his shattered legs. When all the surgery was done, he had one stump above the knee, a stump below the other knee, and only one functioning hand.

‘I lost my legs for the people of Iraq, so their children will be able to run around, just like mine. If time was turned back, I’d do it all over again,” said Sgt Edwards, father of two.”

This excerpt, taken from American Heroes, is dedicated to the hundreds of thousands of fathers who are standing on the front lines of war while their families anxiously await their return home.

http://www.olivernorth.com/

http://www.onemarinesview.com/one_marines_view/

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2009, 12:31 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Marine Sgt Gregory Edwards you, your family and all those with you humble and inspire all of us that have found in all of you hope for America. Salute and thank you Sir. Prayers out.

Daddy’s home:

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Salute Sgt. Edwards. Tiny lost both legs above the knees and I never heard him bitch either, he also was proud to have served.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:15 PM

that was very touching...
"Time really flies and the resilience, strong vision and proficiency to hold a pistol are all part of history. But the bravery and the memories of being in a war will forever be in their soul. Our veterans- what happens next after they have risked their lives?"

~ adapted from a post of Liza C
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 AM

Default I'm Proud of you!

If I'm one of the children of this man then I could proudly shout to the world how lucky I am as a child of him.

Having a father like Edward is one of a kind especially now a days.
I'm sure your children are so PROUD of you!