The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Will The Dog Hunt?

Will The Dog Hunt?
J. D. Pendry

I knew only one of my Grandfathers. The other died in a mining accident long before I was even a sparkle in Dad?s eye. The Grandfather I knew was on my Mother?s side. He lived in a huge old house, which was at one time a boarding house. Grandpa had quite a reputation and a long resume. He?d been everything from a logger and saw mill owner to a fire and brimstone Free Will Baptist Preacher. I can remember Grandpa driving a 1952 Chevy. I can still see the worn fedora sitting on his head and the roll your own Prince Albert cigarette with a long ash on it hanging from the corner of his mouth. I also remember car horns blowing as they passed Grandpa in his Chevy. In the country, folks did that to signal they were about to pass you on a narrow two-lane road where it was OK to pass. A horn toot today would probably get you the commuter salute in return, but Grandpa smiled and waved at the passers. He was accustomed to the horns as top speed for Grandpa was around 35 miles per hour.

Occasionally, Grandpa raised hunting dogs and sold them. He must?ve been a good judge of dogs because someone always wanted to buy them from him. I spent a good bit of time at Grandpa?s in the summer of 1967. During this time, he had a female dog. I don?t know much about dog breeds, but I can tell you that this one looked amazing. She was sleek and when she ran, it was as if she flowed across the ground. Her waist was so small that you could almost connect your fingers around it. Grandpa said he had papers on her, which meant he could trace her lineage to other pure bred dogs known for hunting. I noticed that other dogs came and went, but Grandpa kept this particular one. I was curious about why he held on to this dog and sold others so I asked him. ?Won?t hunt,? he told me bluntly. ?Oh she looks good and can run all day, but if you take her in the woods she?ll hang around your feet wanting to play. She only looks like a hunting dog. Oh, I could fool somebody into buying her, but if I did that, it wouldn?t be long before people stopped trusting me. I?ll just keep her. She?s nice to look at, but no good for hunting.?

Were you one of the 60 million or so who supposedly watched the debates, or did you wait for the spin-doctors to recreate them for you? Were you waiting for the debates to help you decide how to cast your vote on November 2? If you answered yes to any of those, do yourself a big favor. Go read the written transcript of the debate. Before you do that, take a look at the questions ask of each man. Spend some time thinking about them. Ask yourself if you detect any sort of slant. I?m not implying that there is, but it?s a question you must ask before you can analyze the answers and responses. Then carefully read the responses and rebuttals. After that, stop listening to the spin-doctors.

Kerry Questions:

Do you believe you could do a better job than President Bush in preventing another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States?

"Colossal misjudgments." What colossal misjudgments, in your opinion, has President Bush made in these areas?

As president, what would you do, specifically, in addition to or differently to increase the homeland security of the United States than what President Bush is doing?

Speaking of Vietnam, you spoke to Congress in 1971, after you came back from Vietnam, and you said, quote, "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

You just -- you've repeatedly accused President Bush -- not here tonight, but elsewhere before -- of not telling the truth about Iraq, essentially of lying to the American people about Iraq. Give us some examples of what you consider to be his not telling the truth.

Can you give us specifics, in terms of a scenario, time lines, et cetera, for ending major U.S. military involvement in Iraq?

Senator Kerry, you mentioned Darfur, the Darfur region of Sudan. Fifty thousand people have already died in that area. More than a million are homeless. And it's been labeled an act of ongoing genocide. Yet neither one of you or anyone else connected with your campaigns or your administration that I can find has discussed the possibility of sending in troops.

What is your position on the whole concept of preemptive war?

If you are elected president, what will you take to that office thinking is the single most serious threat to the national security to the United States?

Bush Questions:

Do you believe the election of Senator Kerry on November the 2nd would increase the chances of the U.S. being hit by another 9/11-type terrorist attack?

What about Senator Kerry's point, the comparison he drew between the priorities of going after Osama bin Laden and going after Saddam Hussein?

What criteria would you use to determine when to start bringing U.S. troops home from Iraq?

You have said there was a, quote, "miscalculation," of what the conditions would be in post-war Iraq. What was the miscalculation, and how did it happen?

Has the war in Iraq been worth the cost of American lives, [he actually said 10,000 then corrected it] 1,052 as of today?

Does the Iraq experience make it more likely or less likely that you would take the United States into another preemptive military action?

Do you believe that diplomacy and sanctions can resolve the nuclear problems with North Korea and Iran? Take them in any order you would like.

Clearly, as we have heard, major policy differences between the two of you. Are there also underlying character issues that you believe, that you believe are serious enough to deny Senator Kerry the job as commander in chief of the United States?

It's a new subject -- new question, and it has to do with President Putin and Russia. Did you misjudge him or are you -- do you feel that what he is doing in the name of antiterrorism by changing some democratic processes is OK?

Out here in Wild Wonderful the expression ?that dog won?t hunt? is used to describe just about anything ? man, critter or machine ? that simply won?t work. After you?ve actually studied the debate transcript a bit, I expect that you can decide for yourself which dog hunts. Frankly, from one of these dogs, I?m still looking for ?the better plan.? The Commander-in-Chief I want is a junkyard dog I can trust to lead our Armed Forces and country in an unrelenting assault on terrorists and who has a clear and unchanging message. However, if I want a debater-in-chief to report to the United Nations and ask permission to defend the country, I?ll pick the one with the sprayed on tan, lip-gloss and manicure.

I am of the opinion on Kerry; "That dog won't hunt."

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2004, 09:47 PM

Observation here---If anyone had to wait until the debate to decide,then they need not vote.Both Goofy and Daffy have had their lives well documented for the past 35 years.Information overload is present in both of their lives.At this point you need to vote your party,your conscience,or your ignorance.Use deductive reasoning and critical thinking to arrive at your decision.If unable to use those thought processes----DON'T VOTE----

Both "ditto heads",and "Air America Kool-aid drinkers" don't understand the deep "crapola" this country is in.Both parties adhere to the adage" Hooray for me, and F*** you".

Wake up America.The "elephant" has arrived in the form of the Muslim fundamentalist,and he will not lay down until he kills as many of us as our leaders and the world allows.

WX-500,000 degrees and cloudy in the Middle East.

-------Let God seperate the good and the evil-----

Where's Truman when you need him.

INDECISION IS THE KEY TO FLEXIBILITY
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Both Harry S. Truman and Walt Disney were from Independance Missouri and both were good at what they did . But I wouldn't want Walt Disney running the Country but he probably would do a better job then J.F.Kerry in the Whitehouse