The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2002, 07:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default B-17G in Albany...

...A "PLANE PULL" is going to be held at the Albany County Aitport from July 23rd through the 29th...
...20 teams at $500.00 a pop will pull the plane against the clock, and distance
...A B-17 G know as the sentimental journey will be here to be in a fund raiser for the special olympics...
..a ride/flight will be $400.00, and to anyone who loves aircraft, to fly on one of most magnificient Birds ever to , I just might be on it when it goes up, who knows might ask my dad if he wants to go, but He'll prob say an "Andy" as in "get the F*#k out", been in them before, sob's are noisy and blah, blah......
...build in 44 by Douglas, and served in the Pacific, after the war went to Eglin in Fla, for air sea rescue, in 59 it went 9into storage, and then was sold to a Ca. company for service as a borate bomber flyin thousands of sorties against forest fires...
In 78 it was donated to the Arz wing of the confederate air force, now the commemorative air force, it was disasembled, and then painstakingly restored to its WWII configuration...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2002, 10:06 AM

Had a B-17 here in Minneapolis last Saturday for an air show with a lot of other old warbirds. I didn't go but I think there were also a B-24, B-25, some P-51's, A corsair, spitfire and a P-47. A ride in the B-17 here was $350. You New York staters must have more sheckels than us in flyover land.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote