Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > International

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2022, 12:36 PM

Default Australia takes part in NATO Ukraine talks

Australia takes part in NATO Ukraine talks
By: Paul Osborne - The Canberra Times News - 04-04-22
Re: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...alks/?cs=14231

Photo link: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/ima..._h678_fmax.jpg
Foreign Minister Marise Payne will attend NATO talks in Brussels over Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Australia will take part in a NATO foreign ministers meeting in Brussels as new action is considered against Russia over its illegal invasion of Ukraine.

Foreign Minister Marise Payne will travel to Europe on Tuesday.

"Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine has shown that global peace and security can never be taken for granted," she said in a statement.

"I look forward to meeting with my NATO colleagues to strengthen our international solidarity in responding to Russia's illegal and unjust actions."

She said Australia and NATO enjoyed a "deep and enduring partnership, unified in our shared values of freedom, democracy, human rights and the rules-based order".

While not a NATO member, Australia is one of NATO's "enhanced opportunities partners".

To date, Australia has imposed sanctions on more than 500 individuals and entities related to the regime of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

In addition, $65 million in humanitarian funding is being provided to help the most urgent needs of the Ukrainian people, along with $116 million of defensive military assistance.

A number of world leaders are pressing for tougher sanctions on Russia in the wake of indications the country's forces were behind the death of hundreds of civilians in the Ukrainian town of Bucha.

Russia denied the reports, saying Ukraine had staged an event for Western media.

Ukraine's ambassador to Australia, Vasyl Myroshnychenko, told AAP the actions were a crime against humanity.

"We see civilians' dead bodies lying around the city, many of them have their hands tied up. We are now collecting the evidence from the witnesses," he said.

Australian Associated Press
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: Once all these Russian & Ukraine issues ever get resolved whose
paying to help rebuild the Ukraine cities? Russia won't consider this and should
be the one to pay. The devastation is tremendous from what I could see on the
news. The infrastructure is I'd say 70-80% destroyed not counting the outlanders
property and lands. That will be chore trying to rebuild all those housing's -
streets and the underground water and drainage areas. Plus any contamination
that may be saturated within the cities and outskirts. Inventory and burial
will also have to be addressed - what a terrible thing to be posting - I know.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links