The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2003, 02:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Terror From The Joint?

I just heard a piece in which the media is claimed that the next wave of terrorism might emanate from the ?Big House (prison)!??

Claiming that prison is a breeding grounds for potential terrorists, the media, if not the government, is saying that terrorist could be in training (at least mentally) within this (US) nation?s penal institutions! ?Does this open up yet another front, one right here in the ?Lap of Liberty??

Apparently, a story that I saw some years back, touted inmates as being many things. The news item did, however, point out that a lot of these same prisoners were genuinely patriotic, if nothing else?

As such, I have to wonder how any group touting acts of pure terrorism would fare under this situation? I know that gangs are born and thrive within the corrections system, but I was unaware that (save for a few foreign-born inmates), prison nurtured terrorist thinking, actions and agendas!? If this is true, will ?Homeland Security? also (soon) take over the operations of the nation?s prisons?

Granted, prison does bring out the worse in many people, ergo, it is somewhat oxymoronic to refer to many penal institutions as ?Correctional Facilities?!? (opinion)

?WHAT DO YOU THINK??

VERITAS
Old 06-30-2003, 12:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Islam is a very influential force within US correctional institutions and has been for quite sometime, maybe two or more decades. The good or bad of it don?t know, nor do I know what is taught. I do know that there is abiding fears that the inmate will be released only to join up with more radical elements of Islam. Thus far this fear hasn?t come to fruition but NI does seem to recruit these former inmates for membership and NI isn?t known for being a pro American organization. But at the same time NI has an agenda separate and aside from Islamic terrorism and is more into racial hatred and externalization than anything else. They claim the FBI is all over them all the time and I wouldn?t be all that surprised if they were. So if the ante has been upped and organizations like Al-Qaeda are working inside the walls, than that ought to set off some huge red flags and further criminal offences can be charged. That is the proper remedy and a co-opted Al-Qaeda inmate member can find himself behind the walls forever and ever. So my first question would be if there?s something new under the sun or the same condition as usual. It is my understanding that the Moslem Mullahs that minister to the inmates are professionally educated and screened before they are allowed to participate, same as Christian Pastor or Jewish Rabbi. At least that?s the way it works in this State and has for decades.
But then, there is no inforcable prohabition against inmates selecting their own spiritual leader from within their own and if there is a chink in the armor where Al-Qaeda could slip in, that would be it. But in the land of snitches and perps, I doubt that would be a secret for long.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 12:49 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks for the enlightenment Scamp!
Old 06-30-2003, 01:23 PM

Default An article just---

this last week along with a news conference related to just this situation and "said" the government has been aware of it. (Now the government being aware of something and doing something about it is a whole new bag of worms). Never been there but bet my bottom dollar that for that type living, you could recruit anybody for anything, AND the folks funning it can and probably do, have their snitches. Who Knows!!!!!!!
SF
NC
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:23 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

'1984' revisited perhaps!!! Maybe Orwell missed his mark by only 20 years. Maybe he meant 2004!!

Speaking of 2004 ????????????????

VERITAS