The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2007, 01:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Curtis,

Don't listen to Bob, do the right thing and take him in and help him get his VA Bennies he so rightly deserves. Get him hooked up with the DAV you belong to. They can check into his records. He also probably has a very thick file at that counties mental health center. It would be a good place to start.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Curtis
I gotta agree with Packo on this one....then when you find out he's not-for-real. it will be too late because he's already moved in
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-03-2007, 02:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default bOOger,...

...Willlie has around us for 4-5 years, and is genunine, I have No doubt in my mind, and heart...

...He's one of the most well manered persons you would ever meet, he will stand, and shake your hand as if your a king the second you arrive at the garage, Jay, my brother's, and my friend, who we're kind of partners at the garage is a Vietnam Veteran, combat eng, (Andy met him while he stayed at my house for east coast 2004), would have "sniffed" him out, but once you met/meet Willie, you would know what i'm talking about,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 01-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Seat
The only thing I would add to the this is your original post you said. " 11B, and a granade launcher" Theres no MOS for Granade launcher. But, hay, its your business.
Ron
Old 01-03-2007, 07:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Et tu,...

...As far as I know, Willie was a straight up grunt, doesn't seem to be any regrets, seems to deal with life with the cards he was, and has dealt himself, there's no sign in his hand standing on the corner saying "homeless Vietnam Vet" bit. he comes, and goes, does his thing, but to me, there is just something more about him that deserves better,...

...he speaks in broken English, but is very observant, very intelligent, holds conversation well, not a tooth in his mouth, hunched back, a physical mess as I view him, but he carries himself with dignity, seems,( and I will research the Ambassador father figure to verify) to be of a higher caliber of a gentleman's gentleman when in our presence,...

...I take kindly to him as if he's that long lost uncle figure, harmless, yet distinguished,...

...as far as the garnade launcher, I realize there wasn't any MOS for that, it was just a portion of the info offered,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 01-03-2007, 07:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default found this though,...

11/10/2005 - LOCAL OFFICIALS PAY TRIBUTE TO DISTINGUISHED VETERANS
TROY ? Rensselaer County Executive Kathleen M. Jimino was joined by County Legislature Veteran?s Committee Chairman Roy Wright and other officials at the Elks Lodge in the Town of Brunswick on Sunday, November 6th in honoring nineteen veterans who served their country as members of the United States Military either during World War II, the Korean War, or the Vietnam War.

Some of the nation?s highest military awards were presented at the ceremony for conduct in defense of the country during combat operations. The Purple Heart was awarded to James P. Brundige, an Army veteran who served in Vietnam and the Bronze Star, distinguishing service during a combat action was presented to World War II Army veteran Robert Messia, and to the family of deceased Vietnam Army veteran Phillip J. Sweet.

?Honoring the veterans and their families who have made such tremendous personal sacrifices is one of Rensselaer County?s top priorities,? stated County Executive Jimino. ?It is with great respect that we continue to pay tribute to the men and women who by their service to their nation have defended the freedoms and way of life we are truly fortunate to enjoy.?

?We are proud to be able to provide this important recognition to our veterans. They earned these medals through acts of heroism and by going above and beyond the call of duty, and it is gratifying to see these medals going to their rightful recipients,? said Legislator Roy Wright, chairman of the Legislature?s Veterans Committee.

A number of military personnel returning from active duty in, especially but not limited to, World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War, never formally received the honor and recognition they earned through their service in the nation?s armed forces. Recognizing this, in recent years local medal ceremonies have been organized primarily through the efforts of County Executive Jimino and the County?s Veterans? Service Agency. These ceremonies provide local veterans, their families, friends, and colleagues the opportunity to participate in the formal presentation ceremony in which veterans, some of whom are deceased are honored.

Among the distinguished United States Military veterans honored for their service:

Angelo E. Distefano (deceased), US Marine Corps, Korea, recipient of the NYS Conspicuous Service Cross;
Robert J. Honsinger, Army, Vietnam, recipient of the Expert Badge and Rifle Bar, and the Marksman Badge and Rocket Launcher Bar;
Thomas W. Deratzian, US Marine Corps, recipient of the Organized Marine Corps Reserve Medal;
Bruce L. Sisson (deceased), Navy, Korea, recipient of the Good Conduct Medal and the Discharge Button;
Robert G. Neilson, Navy, WWII, recipient of the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal with one Silver Star, the WWII Victory Medal, Honorable Service Lapel Button WWII, the Discharge Button, and Foreign Awards including the Philippine Ribbon Liberation with one Bronze Star, and the Philippine Presidential Unit Citation;
Raymond P. Lammers, Navy, WWII, recipient of the WWII Victory Medal, the American Campaign Medal, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, the Navy Occupation Service Medal with ASIA clasp, the China Service Medal, and the Honorable Service Lapel Pin;
Robert E. Johnson, Navy, WWII, recipient of the WWII Victory Medal, the Honorable Service Lapel Pin, and the Discharge Button;
John F. Haskins, US Coast Guard, Vietnam, recipient of the National Defense Service Medal, the Vietnam Service Medal with one Bronze Star, and the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal with device (1960);
Kenneth Duchesneau, Army, Vietnam, recipient of the National Defense Service Medal, the Vietnam Service Medal with double Bronze Star attachment, the Republic of Vietnam Campaign with device (1960), and the Marksman Badge and Rifle Bar;
Joseph E. McGinnis, Army, WWII, recipient of the Good Conduct Medal, the American Campaign Medal, the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with double Bronze Star attachment, the WWII Victory Medal, and the Honorable Service Lapel Button;
Joseph H. Jankovik, US Marine Corps, Vietnam, recipient of the Good Conduct Medal, and the National Defense Service Medal;
Robert E. Gorman, Navy, Korea, recipient of the Good Conduct Medal, the Navy Occupation Service Medal with European clasp, and the National Defense Service medal;
William F. Mumford, Army, Vietnam, recipient of the Good Conduct Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Vietnam Service Medal with double Bronze Star attachment , the Combat Infantry Badge 1st award, the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Ribbon with device (1960), the Expert Badge and Auto Rifle Bar, and the Sharpshooter Badge and Rifle Bar;
Dennis E. Dowds, Army, Vietnam, recipient of the Army Commendation Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Vietnam Service Medal, the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Ribbon with device (1960), and the Expert Badge and Rifle Bar;
William J. Ryan (deceased), Army, WWII, recipient of the Air Medal, the Good Conduct Medal, the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with four Bronze Service Stars, the WWII Victory Medal, and the Honorable Lapel Button;

William L. Vallelunga, Army, Vietnam, recipient of the Air Medal, the Army Commendation Medal and Oak Leaf Cluster Bronze Large, the National Service Medal, the Vietnam Service Medal, the Combat Infantry Badge 1st award, the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Ribbon with device (1960), and the Sharpshooter Badge and Rifle Bar;

James P. Brundige, Army, Vietnam, recipient of the Purple Heart, the National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Ribbon with device (1960), and the Expert Badge and Rifle Bar;
Robert Messia, Army, WWII, recipient of the Bronze Star Medal, the Good Conduct Medal, the WWII Victory Medal, the Combat Infantry Badge 1st award, and the Honorable Service Lapel Button;
Philip J. Sweet (deceased), Army, Vietnam, recipient of the Bronze Star Medal, the Army Commendation Medal, the Good Conduct Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Vietnam Service Medal with quadruple Bronze Star Attachment, the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal with device (1960), and the Sharpshooter Badge and Machine Gun Bar.
-30-

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 01-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The VA system has a very good program to get homeless vets off the streets and into a work program.
They can even get them a new copy of their DD214, if he wants one.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Welcome home Willie. What I think seatjerker means is the Willie was the M-79 guy for his squad.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 01-24-2007, 05:51 AM

Welcome aboard Willy - you have start somewhere - and I'm glad you came to our site. Welcome and thank you for your service.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"