The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2007, 12:08 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy I Can Hardly Write This Post:

Just yesterday I submitted a response to a post concerning Tiny. In it I stated that I started off each day with a small prayer for Andy's full recovery and that I would start one for Tiny as well. Now I get this NEWS and frankly I am really broken up over it. Here I am a grown man and I can't even see straight because of the watering of my eyes.

I never met Andy in person but we did communicate several times by PM, from this Forum, before he became sick. In addition I called his home several months ago and spoke with Annette, as well as being able to speak with Andy in person. He told me that he was having GOOD DAYS AND BAD DAYS. The day I called was one of the best days he had had in a long time and he was encouraged. I wished him well and told him that if there was ever anything I could do for him I wanted him to call me at any time of the day or night. I really wanted to be there for him, just like he was there for me previously. Now I learn that he is so sick that he can't make that call. I really consider Andy a friend and feel helpless to be able to do anything for him. LIFE REALLY DOES SUCK!!

There is one thing I can do for my friend, and Vietnam Veteran Brother. That is to say more prayers for his recovery. They may not be answered but I can still hope. Guys like Andy don't come along every day!!

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again wish you GOOD HEALTH and WELCOME HOME.

More prayers on their way out for Andy. We can't afford to lose more Brothers like him.

VIETNAM 1968
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2007, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Unhappy This is so sad.

Andy and I have been friends over the last few years. My wife and Annette have communicated quite a bit by e-mail. Andy has called me a few times. I am so saddened. Andy is one the great people on this site. My heart goes out to Tom's family and especially Annette.

Keith
Old 01-09-2007, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith and 68
You guys said it all.....The only thing I can do for a good friend is pray for him and Annette.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-09-2007, 04:06 PM

Andy has always come across as being a wonderful man, as though he didn't know how to be rude to somebody if he wanted to.
My prayers goes out to Andy and Annette. May God bless both of them.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 01-09-2007, 04:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My heart is heavy. I ask God to remember Andy and his family and heal him, if it be His will.

May God Bless,

Larry
Old 01-09-2007, 05:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Prayers out for Andy and Annette and our hopes for a full recovery god willing.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:59 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I offer thisin hopes that it will comfort all of you that love Andy and Annette. This morning in an e-mail addressed to LT and myself Annette requested prayer that Andy's suffering come to an end. Andy is being made as comfortable as modern medicine can make him at this time.He's requestedthattheir boys come home andtheir youngest came last night,their oldest will be therein a few days. They have a wonderful support system of family and friends from church and the larger community and aPastor that has been a friend and a comfort to both Andy and Annette. I know Annette would want me to thank you all for your love poured out in continued prayer for them.

God bless you all and remember what the LT said...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 01-09-2007, 07:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

God Bless you Tom (Andy) I'll see you on the other side. until then prayers out going as allways. Vietnam is still killing good men who's names will never be on the wall.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I've known Andy for 6-7yrs. now, since we were all over on the History Channel Vietnam Veterans board. He had been on there for awhile when I showed up. I took an instant liking to him. You couldn't help yourself. He's one of those charismatic guys that attracts people like a magnet. A big part of that is his sense of humor. He sucks you in. He's really one of those few people that you run across that you can never imagine somebody NOT liking him. It didn't take long for the 2 of us to be spending time on the phone with each other. Totals up to quite a few hours.

The only time that Andy would mention his health problems was to use it as an emphasis to make the rest of us to monitor our health and to take care of ourselves. He HATES the thought of anybody feeling sorry for him, or pitying him. He'll welcome your prayers; he and Annette are very religious people; but he won't tolerate your pity. He has always accepted the hand that he's been dealt, and faces it head-on. He always felt blessed that he lived in an area that gave him access to cutting edge cancer treatment, and he made the most of the time that the treatments gave him.

Andy, you're one of the nicest and toughest s.o.b.'s that I know. Stay tough, Bro. Alot of prayers going up for you, including Kath's and mine. Who knows? And if you don't win the fight, we'll party on The Otherside just as soon as I get there my friend.

I love you, Tom.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Annette and Andy, you are constantly in our hearts and prayers. This is really hitting us hard.