The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2007, 12:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy's obituary

EASTHAMPTON - Thomas E. Andrzejczyk, 58, of Division Street, died Sunday at home.

He was born in Northampton, April 22, 1948, the son of the late Eddie Andrzejczyk, and Helen L. (Hitchcock) Andrzejczyk, of North Orange. He was a graduate of the Easthampton High School, class of 1966. Later, he earned his associate's degree from Holyoke Community College, his bachelor's in criminal justice from the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, and his master's in criminal justice from Westfield State College.

He was a 12-time decorated Vietnam veteran, serving as a sergeant in the U.S. Army. He was a 28-year veteran of the Easthampton police force, retiring as a sergeant in 1998. He served the department as the Triad officer for many years and took great pride in helping the senior members of the community to remain safe. For his efforts, he was awarded a citation in 1999 from the Hampshire County District Attorney's Office.

He was a member of the College Church in Northampton and was a group leader for the Alpha Program. He was also a member of the Eugene McCarthy VFW Post #3422 in Easthampton and a past president of the local International Brotherhood of Police Officers #367, where he served as a past chief negotiator for the union.

An avid fan of the author Rudyard Kipling, he was a history buff and a scholar of trivial information.

He leaves his beloved wife of 36 years, Annette (Gosselin) Andrzejczyk; his sons, Thomas J. "TJ" Andrzejczyk, and his wife, Lisa, of Palm Coast, Fla., and Jay L. Andrzejczyk, and fiancee, Beth, of York, Pa.; his sisters Melissa Gordon and Heidi McIntosh, both of Orange; and several nieces and nephews.

A military funeral will be held Thursday at 11 a.m. at the College Church in Northampton. Burial will be private in the Massachusetts Veteran Memorial Cemetery in Agawam. Calling hours will be held Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the O'Brien Funeral Home, 17 Clark St., Easthampton. Memorial gifts in lieu of flowers can be made to the Baystate VNA/Hospice, 50 Maple St., Springfield, MA 01102.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

He was our brother and friend
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

We will never forget him Homie so he will live on through us.

Sharp Hand Salute

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 01-17-2007, 05:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Rick, Thanks for posting Andy's obit it was a good full life just cut short by a bad illness. God Bless him and his family and may Andy rest in Peace till we all meet across the void into Heaven
Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Rest In Peace Andy:

Well Andy--Please REST IN PEACE--Free of Pain and Suffering.

Sorry I could not make it back to Massachusetts for your Wake and Funeral. I could not make the long trip from Florida to Massachusetts by car and flying back was not possible either, because of other pressing matters. Rest assured I will make it a point to visit your final resting place the next time I get back out to the Western part of Massachusetts.

Please say Hello to my Best Buddy, HM3 Alan R. Gerrish, when you see him in Heaven. I now have two good friends up there. You both really meant a lot to me and both of you have enriched my life considerably--Just by having known you both. In addition, both of you had previously been there for me when I really needed another for advice and moral support. Bless you both from the bottom of my heart.

Andy--For the very last time Brother:

WELCOME HOME:

To the Rest of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I will again wish you all--Very sincerely:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
Old 01-18-2007, 11:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I have been unable to put into words how much I love Andy and Annette and how hard this hits Shirley and me. I have prayed every day for them for months. Here is the prayer: "Thy will be done and may it give Andy and Annette the peace they so need". Well, actually it was every day I remembered but the unspoken feelings I have in my heart I pointed heavenward all the time and always will.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Begining,...

...We are all beginning a new journey,...

....................... "Let me tell you a story".................................
................."Oh, I have one more story for you!.......................
.......................................-Tom............................................... ...

...I have returned to this land of mine after witnessing "The Greatest outpouring of feelings" from everyone that loved ANDY,...

...AS I can not type at this moment, understandable when you can't see the keyboard straight, from undesired storms, at some time hopefully down on the mountain Sid, Frisco, and I will cover it,...

...I don't know if I will ever comprehend the gift that everyone received from Tom over the period we have known him, He touched so many lives with his compassion, wisdom, and knowledge, and especially, his humor,...

...He was the most dedicated man I've encountered, with Annette, and his children,(which was everyone), his Brothers, Sisters, Co- workers,...

...It's tough to see not a dry eye in the house from those that are the strongest,...

...So much has changed since 2004, I wanted to write that book called "4 days on the mountain" which would put all you convicts in National exposure, and prob on the 10 most wanted list, , no, just kidding, but, no matter if it never goes to print, I'll have memories, and friendships that will never be replaced,...

...Tom, and I shared many special moments, from the first night here, through John's, and Sid's "BIG NIGHT OUT", before going up the mountain, each of us has many a special moments with Tom, and we are better for them,...

...The personal eulogy's offered ranged from a Gentleman that went to basic, and Vietnam with Tom , Sid offered Tom, and Paco's "Big driving adventure/encounter" and all, and all between the tears, there was laughter,, and more laughter, more "Tom story's", and that's the way he would have wanted it,...

...Kinda the whole town, and the whole Police force, military contingent from the VFW, was there, Friends, and more Friends, and everyone was now somebody's friend that knew Tom,...

...He will not be missed,...

... Because he will always be here, He lives in all of us, and we will always pass on a little of Tom down the line,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 01-18-2007, 01:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Curtis, that was beautiful.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks Curtis !

Larry
Old 01-18-2007, 05:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default DITTO

Curtis!

Thanks so much for your wonderful words.

I am honored to call you my brother and firend.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.