The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2016, 07:30 AM

Default S.F 49ers QB Colen Kaepernick

Many people have shown their frustration with 49niners QB Kaepernick for protesting the way young Africans are being treated by law enforcement in the U.S. by refusing to stand when the National Anthem is being sung prior to the game. Especially Saints QB Drew Bres who said he agrees with Kaepernick, but claims he's going about it the wrong way. Bres said he should still show respect for the flag.
What I can't figure is why so many people are so bent out of shape for what Kaepernick is doing, but on the other hand, Mohammed Ali refuse to be drafted into the U.S Military, claim he wasn't going to go fight against another People of Color because his country wants him to, made many, many anti American remarks, and he was looked upon as being a"hero." Plus, Ali was given a standing ovation everywhere he went.
My view is, if so many people will look upon Mohammed Ali who never served"1"day of Military status with so much respect after he verbally trashed the USA, than I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Kaepernick is doing.

BTW.......I would like to mention I have the greatest respect for people in law enforcement and for the deadly risks they take. At the same time, I also feel everyone should be treated with respect when someone in law enforcement approaches them.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2016, 08:30 AM

Unhappy My personal thoughts on this issue -

I've got my own thoughts on this issue. Men and Women have fought & died for this country since its conception. The men in our family all fought for this country. I lost my Brother and friends I grew up with. They did this to keep our Flag flying and our families safe. The Flag is flown at my house daily. I stand at parades to show my respect for the Flag.

Race and Religion shouldn't be a factor to not showing respect for a mans country. Many of us served with all races and religions during many conflicts throughout our US history.

Too many died and still do today. It doesn't take a special person to do what is right. These folks who disrespect our Flag - dishonor those who have given their lives so that they would have the freedoms and opportunities - that they will no longer have.

They have options if they don't like it - they can always leave and go to another country. Race issues are prehistoric and yet they survive today. And for those who have such good educations - who could do so much - and yet dishonor our Flag and Country rather than show leadership and guidance to those who've yet to attain their advantage - upsets me.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote