The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Nappy Head

I like to listen to talk jock Don Imus who's broadcast on weekdays from 6:00 am to 8:00 am CST on MSNBC. Imus is known for making remarks that could be intrepid as not being politically correct. Last week, he made a remark about the Rugers female basketball team(which is all Black)as being a bunch of " mean tatooed Nappy Heads".
Reverend Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson wants MSNBC to snatch Imus off the air for making "allege" racist remark about Rugers female basketball team.
My question is if these men who claim their mission in life is to spread the word of God and make sure Blacks are treated with respect, than why do they allow Black book authors like Carolivia Herron to write a book named "Nappy Hair" and Bell Hooks to write a book named "Happy To Be Nappy" ? Like to hear the Reverends answer to that.

BTW....Don't believe the Reverends ever watched "Saturday Night Live" before because if they did, they would have noticed many remarks said about Blacks that would be considered "sterotype".
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2007, 07:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Imus was out of line, called fire on his own position and owns 100 % of the situation. Jackson and Sharpton smell some NBC-Imus loot for the taking, Imus gave them target-one leverage and they are going for it.

The sharp-tongued Imus best get his morning meds sorted out or get the sand burrs out of his jock cup or take a time-out. He and his crew like to hang ten toes over the line all the time and risk a slip into the abyss. Hang ten humor is one thing, being stupid and over the top insulting about it is quite another.

The rule of lion?s states that putting ones head in the mouth of the lion presumes the lion has no teeth or jaw power. Chomp, Al n? Jessie get a payday.

Scamp
Old 04-09-2007, 10:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default Re: Nappy Head

Quote:
Originally posted by WateringHole "...
My question is if these men who claim their mission in life is to spread the word of God and make sure Blacks are treated with respect, than why do they allow Black book authors like Carolivia Herron to write a book named "Nappy Hair" and Bell Hooks to write a book named "Happy To Be Nappy" ? Like to hear the Reverends answer to that..."
Yaah, the old do as I say, not as I do, comes to mind.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 04-09-2007, 01:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Maybe I missed his remarks, but what did the good Al Sharpton ever say about his beloved NYC rappers, who call black women much worse names than 'nappy headed hos'? And I think the over-reactors are forgetting one thing: at last report, the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantees free speech, including the freedom to say really stupid things. The entire situation of "political correctness" is an insidious attack on our basic freedoms. Be aware - be very aware.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-09-2007, 01:46 PM

What Imus said was totally stupid. For Sharpton and Jackson to be the one's to take offense is absolutely ludicrous. After all of the racist, and I mean genuinely racist, remarks these guys have made to make an issue out Imus' remarks is insane.

The only reason no one ever came forward and demanded Sharpton and Jackson be fired is that they have never held jobs to be fired from.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The point is well taken. Black rappers are the ones that should be picketed and maligned by Sharpton and Jackson. Imus shouldn't have said it though, and the apology should suffice.

Larry
Old 04-09-2007, 02:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

It's interesting. I've seen blonde nappy heads too. What's racist about that?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:16 PM

Any of you fellas remember what happen to Jimmy The Greek ? He was boozing in some bar in Manhatten when a sports reporter noticed him and asked why Black athletes perform better than Whites ? Jimmy was all juiced up and said it's because they was bred to be big and strong. Even though what Jimmy said is true, that remark didn't set well with some Black organizations and Jimmy was history as far as being seen again on TV. That sports reporter had to be one big scum bag for taking advantage of somebody when they're all juiced up.

Remember what happend to Howard Cosell ? he made the remark about a Black player on Monday Night Football as being a "crafty little monkey", he was talking about the player being so flexible. Wasn't long he was gone also.
Strange thing about that was as much exposure Cosell gave to Sugar Ray Lenord and Mohammed Ali when Cosell had his Saturday evening sport show on ABC, neither of these men came to Cosell's defense when those Black organizations wanted him terminated and said "hey, Cosell is no racist". Oh well.......I guess Lenord and Ali figured staying in good standards with the bloods is more important than standing up for some White boy who helped kicked their careers in high gear.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 04-10-2007, 04:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The ?Revs? have target acquisition n? lock on the GE, Microsoft and NBC deep pockets and until the ?Revs get the bread?, Imus is going to be in a world of hurt. I don?t know that Imus has any history of racism and has done some good charity work, but no matter; he?s toast for the moment.
The deep pockets have to either cut the Imus show loose or pony up the Rev. bread, or may show some guts for a change, do neither, and start a new trend that resists the rip-offs and their phony ?dispensations?.

Hell sakes, Sony America didn?t do anything untoward at all, but had to pony up a big payday to placate the Bread Rev. Same with others but at last word BP, Texas, told the Bread Rev. to FO, but haven?t heard if they made that stick.

Scamp
Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends...

WOW!!!,..."Surpise, Surprise, SHAZAM" & whoop-whoopy-do!

A: "Shock-Jock" actually shocked: "The Black Community" and their many quite patronizing, intimidated & cowering Whites , whom wouldn't in a million years DARE call themselves: The White Community,...lest pilloried or crucified as: "RACISTS".

What an unmitigated gall by Imus, even though having repented.
Just what-the-hell is this world coming to?
For shame, for shame,...even though what Imus just did what paid for.
No shame to Imus. US (both ways) sheepishly.

Neil