The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2003, 12:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Still Giving 'em Hell!

Harry S. Truman, a man known for giving them hell, is still at it in the Middle East! An aircraft carrier named after our own 33rd President, has been pummeling the living shit out of Iraqi positions in and around Baghdad!

Old Harry, a real firebrand from the ?Show-Me State (Missouri), helped to organize a field artillery unit during World War I He was also a member of the Missouri National Guard, where he quickly won promotion to the rank of Captain while serving in France with the 35th Division!

As a matter of fact, Truman commanded artillery units (during World War I) in St Mihiel, Sommedieu, and during the Meuse-Argonne Campaign! ?Hot Headed Harry? was no stranger to blood and gore!!

Well ?Old Harry S. Truman?, a man that I once personally saw give a speech while I was but a young kid, although departed since 1972 (the day after Christmas), is still alive and well (if but in spirit) aboard the ?USS Harry S. Truman?

I can just envision the ghost of this old trooper, standing right up there upon the bridge of the USS Harry S. Truman, barking orders into the ear of the ship?s captain! Standing proud as he watches the planes taking off and returning, the crew hard at work, and the reports of success being shouted forth after our warriors return!

Guys like Harry Truman, Gregory Boyington, Joe Foss, Audi Murphy, Sergeant York, and even William T. Sherman (and hundreds of thousands of others) never really leave us you know! ?They were (AND ARE) always there when we need them most!?

?GIVE ?EM WHAT FOR PEOPLE!!?

VERITAS