The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Police/Fire/EMS

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2005, 04:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Unhappy We've lost a good man.

Sadly I must report that we are short one good hearted man today. A Rockland County (NY) Sheriff's Department, Correction Officer, Evan Washington. Evan took his own life on Friday May 13th, 2005. His suicide came as a shock to all that knew this fine man.
Always one to lend a hand or truly lend a compassionate ear. Answered everyone with a snappy Yes Sir, or No Sir. A testament to his eight years in the US Army. Warm and friendly. A true professional to the end.
Evan's presence will be missed by all of us who's lives he touched.
May he rest peacefully, and when he's on duty behind Saint Peters Gate, may I have the pleasure of him checking my I.D.
Sincerely,
Dave Foley, Retired R.C.S.D. Corrections Division

WASHINGTON, EVAN LAWRENCE ?BUTCH?
Evan Lawrence ?Butch? Washington of Spring Valley departed this life on Friday, May 13, 2005. He was born November 24, 1960 at the Ramapo Hospital in Spring Valley, to the late Elmer Washington Sr. and Mattie Washington. Evan attended Public Schools in Rockland County, and graduated from Spring Valley High School in Spring Valley, New York.
Afterwards, he enlisted in the United States Army, where he completed eight years of service. He received his Basic Training at Fort Dix, in New Jersey; and continued in training for two years in Alaska, before returning to New York.
While in the service he began his study and training in Criminal Law. After completing his Military duties he became an active member of the Spring Valley American Legion Moscarella Post #199 Veterans Group. Evan started his career as a Court Officer for two years in Rockland County. In 1987, he began working for the Rockland County Sheriff's Department of Corrections Division as a Correction Officer, where he presently worked for 18 years. He was also employed part-time by the Ramapo Police Department in Suffern, New York, where he served for the last eight years as a Police Officer. Evan was predeceased by one sister, Maidline Washington. He leaves to cherish his memory,; his Mother, Mattie Washington; and Brother Elmer Washington Jr. of the home. Seven Aunts; Willie Brown of Ivor, Virginia; Addie Chisholm of Spring Valley, NY; Maryland Harmon of Spring Valley, NY; Helen Brooks of Nyack, NY; Edna Dennison of York, Pennsylvania; Helen Washington of Connecticut; Jackie Barksdale of Nebraska; and a host of nieces, nephews and other relatives and friends. He will be missed by all. Reposing Thursday 2-4 and 7-9 PM at SniffenSagala Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held Friday 11:30 AM at the funeral home. Interment Oak Hill Cemetery, Nyack. SNIFFEN-SAGALA FUNERAL HOME 235 West Route 59 Spring Valley (845)356-0012

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links