The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2005, 06:31 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Welcome To Our Brave New World!

According to Associated Press, Congress is moving to curb some of the police powers it gave the Bush administration after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, including imposing new restrictions on the FBI's access to private phone and financial records.

Even with the changes, however, every part of the law set to expire Dec. 31 would be reauthorized and most of those provisions would become permanent.

-------------------------------------------------------------
A long time ago, I pointed out how the temporary Income Tax, after people failed show their indignation, was declared to be a permanent addition to our stressed out way of life!

Well, if you read the above, you may learn that many items (if not most) within this Patriots Act may also become something that your kids and grandkids will have to live with infinitum! ?And for the record, it won?t stop there either in my opinion!?

Had elements of our government known years ago, again in my opinion, that we would so readily accept the step by step alteration of vast portions of our Constitution, rights and liberties, who knows where we might be today? For that matter, who knows what destructive changes we might be in store for in the years to come because of this Patriot Act? And if freedom of speech is ever successfully attacked by certain powers that be, as it has been in the past, even this forum, and others like it, may some day be declared persona non grata!

Prohibition may return, the League of Nations may return with offices in every major city and it?s own police force, the World Court may take the place of the United Nations (no loss there), and we may cease calling our chief executive Mr. President, and refer to him instead as ?BIG BROTHER!?

Of course, again, none of this could ever possibly come to pass! No more so in fact, than an open border or foreign politicians inflicting undo control over any elected official in the United States! (Oops!!)

VERITAS
Old 11-10-2005, 04:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Shattered Union
http://www.2kgames.com/shatteredunion/
is an interesting new Computer Game Sim that has the US divided into 7 factions after a Nuke goes off in Washington DC after a Presidential Election Settled by Congress because of a Tie vote. The EU swoops into the DC area to take control of almost 4 states. The old Confederacy separates, Texas Republic is formed of neighboring states to include the Southern half of Missouri.The California Republic was the first to separate and the Pacifica formed to halt the Advance of the California Army. The Midwest formed a Faction as did the New Englanders. Looks like a good game to play out one's politics with either one on one or against the computer.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

JERRY D. -

Amazing!

Back in 1995 I wrote a 700 page book (copyrighted) called "CIVILUTION!" The people that I offered it to were scared shit-less to publish it!

A very famous publisher said, and I quote: Rick, if we were to publish that (Fictional) novel, the government would shut us down!

And for the record Jerry, a lot of what you just hit upon was covered, in one way or another, in that book. As a matter of fact, a lot of what is going on right now was aired out. Back then (10 years ago) it was considered too far fetched, but lo and behold, a lot of it has come to pass in but the last decade, and more (I fear) is yet to come!?

VERITAS