The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2002, 07:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up East Coast After Action Report

The campsites were secured on 5-16 and the Welcome - Psycho Vets banner was hung between two trees; causing strange looks from other campers. Troops began arriving early Friday. Had about 8 full time campers and probably visits from 23 other vets, one from WWII. Doc Fred and his puppy "grunt" showed from TN and xgrunt 71 and his fine looking Harley came from AL. Two women motorcycle vet groupies showed and were treated very well.( I am coming back as a good lookin woman next time !)Amazed me how friendly and comfortable we all were with each other. There is a true bond between the brothers. Gimps tenderloin was wonderful even if it looked like a pride of lions pouncing on a downed zebra- I think someone was bitten. Sid took some digital pictures and I will send them to someone who knows how to post them after I get them. The call to the West Coast campout Saturday night was magic. Sorry I got a little emotional. Sis your voice sounds like your 16 years old. David and Bern THANK YOU for this site. There is a bond between all of us of respect and joy. Thank all of you. Welcome Home !!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2002, 08:20 AM

Default East Coast Campout

I usually feel uncomfortable meeting new people but from the second I pulled up on my bike I felt like I was with people I had known from years. It was a BLAST! Even Nature gave us a flashback as after a beautiful Friday that night it gave a regular monsoon. Already looking forward to next years. I think Jon mentioned something abouut an end of the summer campout. That would be great. That's right boys, we Southern boys have Vet groupies
Old 05-20-2002, 08:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Sorry I missed the phone call!

Sunday is a work day for me and I had to leave early on Saturday afternoon. The West Coast people are really a great bunch of people and I had a great time. I truly enjoyed my visit with them. Sis is really a sweet lady but I am still questioning her age. She looks more like 45! Disgusting all us guys are getting old and bald and she looks wonderful. Dave and Bern are great even if I gave them a bad time. We had an unusual weather shift. The weather came from the east rather than the normal west. It was warm and dry on Saturday. I got a good tan on my face and that just doesn't happen in Western Washington, God's blessing on the campout. It may have all gone downhill after I left but everyone was kind and interesting and that makes for a great Campout. The property of Chris' is a wonderful place for a campout.
Sorry I missed the phone call.

Keith
Old 05-20-2002, 02:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Default west coast input

Well thanks for the call Lt it was one of the hilights of the campout . the most we had in camp at any one time was about thirty and thats counting neighbors who droped by and said hey. bern and david are the salt of the earth and hoyin and paul are just as nice we talked to the late hours every night around a very confortable fire pit went through about a cord of wood but shoot it was old and dry and i needed new wood anyway. and talk about a feast david and bern and hoyin and paul bought every steak in the frickin town and we BBq'ed platter after platter of steaks mushrooms and onions asparigus the a crate of fresh strawberrys and more pop beer and boooze the the 7th fleet could drink on a three day liberty. The weather was beautiful and everyone as very confortable . we all got along great just like we knew each other forever. saturday was the big day griz and Arrow and kati showed up and we had a blast next time next year i'm going to rig up an IV with a geritol drip so I can keep up with every one. keith you left one hour before the biggest steak feed i ever went to. next year take a day off from work and stay all weekend . by the way Hoyin is a master craftsmen on making yurts or as she calls them gers i might just sweet talk that little sweety into making me one for a guest lodge at my place tons of room in one of those things well thats it for now pictures to follow
Old 05-20-2002, 03:02 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Campout

When I got to Seatac to pick up Shangri-La (Sis),I was standing there at baggage claim scanning the perimeter and I looked right at her.Figured "Naw,that ain`t her,that honey is way too young.I should be so lucky!"So I went back to my bunker and a few seconds later I hear"Lookin for me?" ..By golly it WAS her...and guys,we have got us a very special and very beautiful sister that God has blessed us with.I could go on and on,but surfice it to say,I love her.Shangri-La ..You`re the greatest! ..Chris-Thank you and Joan for your gracious hospitallity.Your little piece of heaven is just that.BEAUTIFUL!...To the Most Reverend,Keith:A pleasure to meet with you,even though I felt like my head was being shrunk..Hoyin and Paul:Pleased to make your aquaintance..And David and Bernadette:What can I say? You kids are the best!I am proud to know you and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the work that goes into providing us all a place to meet!Without you this would probably never had happened...And to John and Fred and Frank:The phone call was wonderful!I didn`t want to pass the phone over.It was super to talk with each of you,my brothers.I`m very emotional right now.I love you all and may God bless us.

Peace,Griz
Old 05-20-2002, 03:41 PM

Cool Park Ranger Hitler Understudy

If there WAS a negative moment to the whole weekend, it was that the male Park Ranger was a Adolf wannabee, you vil do this und that or we know how to make you behave! Maybe a little exaggeration. But his wife also a Park Ranger would take over and treat you like a king. That phone call was GREAT. I think it's fantastic that vet bros and sisters could plan and have a weekend like this on both coasts is just stomp down amazing.[As we say down here]
Old 05-20-2002, 03:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Default I have a favor to ask

Would you guys take the time to talk to a gulf war vet and have them tell you their story. even if the war was short they all have storys that need telling i was very impressed with the new equipment and communication systems that enabled us to kick old sadum's ass in short order . its well worth taking the time to listen remember they are combat vets too. and remember how you were treated by ww2 soilders don't let that happen again war is war no matter how long it lasts. Welcome home David and Paul I'am proud to call you brothers and friend
Old 05-21-2002, 12:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Incoming

--- get outta my way, God Damn it --- puttin it on the line, as per...:
Old 05-21-2002, 12:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I said, move it:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sf.jpg (12.2 KB, 145 views)
Old 05-21-2002, 12:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

duck