Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1 Cav

A little sun information.
the sun puts out a hole aray of rays, (I crack myself up)
The ones that tan and hurt humans are UV (ultra Vilet) A B and C
UV-A rays are pretty much harmless they bounce off skin or clothing, UV-B penitrate the first layer of sking causeing a releas of pigmentation (tan)and if you get to much UV-B you will burn the top layer of skin and peal. UV-C are dangerous, they penitrate to the second layer of skin and cause deep Sun-burn and ckin cancer.
Tanning beds don't produce UV-C rays thats why some people like them, you get a tan without UV-C.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2003, 08:08 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Question Judy

Is it true? All my relatives in Florida tell me their zoo's are different than our's up here. They say the little signs that tell you what the animal is and where it's from have an addition in Florida. At the end of the sign are serving instructions that usually say, kill it and grill it. Is that true???

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 08:27 AM

I remember once when we lived near Tampa. We were camping at a state park. A big commotion. A man caught a big rattle snake with his bare hands. He then proceeded to go to the public wash area( for dishes and such) pulled out a big knife and skinned that baby right there. Blood everywhere. He then threw it right on his barbeque. I think we went out for dinner that night.
Loved tubing too, with all the gator warnings posted. You gotta love Florida.

Old 06-17-2003, 10:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Talking

Andy et al
Ah fresh road kill! Let the buyer beware. found a bullet in my McDonalds hamburger once. yep you know those southerners and their guns. Throw another one on the grill pa! :ek: you do have to watch out for the gators in ponds and lakes. I remember moving down from New Hampshire with my Bostonian Husband in the early 80's and I had forgotten my southern manners and yelled obscenities at some driver who was a good ole boy. Now those are the critters you really have to watch!He (Bubba) proceeded to threaten my newly transplanted northern arse with a pistol whipping! I remembered my southern roots from the bubba Tennessee hills quickly and saved my arse! I quickly forgot my northern rudities I had so nicely learned. :re:
Old 06-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Doc.2/47

Doc. Fred-

Of course those cows are spending a lot of time looking up! 'Spect they're spendin considerable time wondering just what a 9' flying frog eats and how long of a tongue it might have.It's a pure wonder they haven't started diggin bunkers.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks for all the feedback.

I did go fishing down there. I found out red snappers stop growing at 19 1/2" because the keeping size is 20". Traveled on back up to Tennessee for Vacation Part II. Camping at Roan Mountain State Park. No worry about sunburn, it has rained every day and been about 40 degrees cooler than the beach. We went up on top the 5800 ft mountain to see the rhodedendrons and flame azeleas in bloom. Kinda hard to see in the fog. All in all, a most wonderful vacation(s). Heading down to the Boy Scout camp to check on the troop. I'll bet it's raining!
Old 06-18-2003, 06:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Back now

Yep, it was raining. I came across my grandson and three others coming back from the swimming pool. They were grinning real big and kind of bowlegging it. They said they had invented a new water slide. The field beside the pool had some big puddles in the grass and they just ran and slid on their bellies. It kind of filled their shorts with grass clippings is why the bowlegging. Then they went back to the troop camp area to cook supper. They were making beef stew in dutch ovens in between catching some very fine snakes. Don't worry, moms. The cooking sterilizes everything. Mostly.
PS One of the boys knew one of the cooks in the kitchen. They gave him a gallon jar of hot banna peppers. The boys passed them around to everyone. The peppers will hit around 4 AM. There will be eleven boys sliding down a muddy hill to an unlit latrine which has two seats. I was there for three hours. Just think what a whole week is like!