The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2017, 04:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Lack Of Respect By Proxy

11-23-2017

I just heard on the news where professional football teams may be kept in their locker-rooms before the actual start of games, and this to avoid the spectacle of them taking a knee rather than “Standing in Respect While Our National Anthem Is Being Played!”

Of course, it is only my opinion – but if a few of these highly compensated athletes think so little of “Our Flag, Our Nation, and Our National Anthem” as well, then why don’t they just move their disrespect to foreign shores - to a place that shares in their contempt of those who fought and died in defense of those symbols that they now openly disrespect?

“Granted, it is the right of every American to protest against that which they disagree with!” But it is not the right of any person (in my opinion), to play the part of “A National Hypocrite”, and in the process, to choose only those responsibilities that they themselves opt to adhere to? And this while taking full advantage of all of the blessings that come along with them, in my opinion!

It is also not within the purview of any citizen to belittle or to ridicule the rights of any other person who legally attempts to utilize a God-given and constitutionally guaranteed right, as some of the time, these rights are also a responsibility of honorable citizenship!

They say that freedom is not free! Well for the record, it never has been free- “Nor Will It Ever Be!!”

Hardcore