The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Stop Lights

This morning I was at the intersection of hyw 6 and hyw 90, Its sunday morning around 7am and there are twenty cars headed my direction and Im with a group of about 15 cars headed the other way. We are sitting there looking at each other while there is no traffice comming from our right or left, no cars as far as you could see, we waited and waited and waited some more, still no traffic from left or right, Finally the light turned green.
How long have we had the traffic light system, Well thats to long, The system sucks and wastes a lot of money in resources and in time. I was down town houston one night just after 2 in the morning and I was sitting at a red light.
There needs to be a system that sences that Cars are at a red light and there is no traffice to the left or right of that (those) cars.
It can't be that difficult, (after all I thought of it) .
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Thermostats

I was watching the TV the other day and this public service announcement came on that said turn your thermostat down 1 or 2 degrees and say money on your heat bill.
This just isn?t true.
Most thermostats will rum on a 4 to 6 degree cycle. Meaning , if its 40 outside and your thermostat is set on 70 , then when your interior gets to 64 or so the heater will turn on and turn off at 70, Setting the thermostat one degree lower only means that now it will turn on at 63 and turn off at 69, The number of times it turns on will not change And this is what you pay for.
Insulate your home better, this will actually save you money.

Ron