The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2019, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default New?

Haven't been on site for a few years. Anything going on?
Old 06-02-2019, 12:49 PM

Hey Doc - glad to hear from you. HC - Dave - The Patriot and this Boats are working this site. Let us know how you are doing and what you've been up to.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

Glad That You Have Returned.

It Would Be Wonderful If All The Old Timers Returned As Well.

Hardcore & Mrs. Hardcore
Old 06-03-2019, 07:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Good to "see" y'all! There was a while there when I tried but couldn't get on the site and eventually assumed it was down for good. Even now I get a message that the site can't be reached. For a while a bunch of us were on PF 2.0 then wondered off to Facebook. Some of us got lost. Some of us died. A few of us stay in touch and still get together once or twice a year.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:15 AM

Ya know Doc - they always say the good die young. Regardless we the survivors carry their torch and their memories so in a way they are really never gone. 73 now and I wonder how many I've got left. Wife has taken a turn for the worst. 52 years of marriage hasn't been a cake walk but if something happens to her it will be a very sad day.

This site is my only outlet to keep in touch with the Vets and to talk about the issues of the day. Dave has done a fine job keeping us in touch and as HC & the Patriot. Many have left this site either by death or by lack of interest.

It's good to keep in touch as it allows our minds to keep up with current events and to openly disagree or agree with each other.

Just got my 2007 Nitro worked on $618.00 to repair all my issues. About every 5 years I have a major that needs to be done. It's my last set of wheels so I have to take care of it or become static. Wife's car is in the garage 1997 Cavalier 65k miles looks like it's brand new. But she doesn't drive anymore so it becomes a loaner for me or if I need it or one of my kids and they always need it!

Healthwise - the VA is keeping me around. Still smoking and drinking beers. Have one Buddy from my service days I keep in touch with in Lancaster, PA the rest are either gone or unavailable to get in touch with or in failing health. My Brother Larry died from AO in the Denver VA hospital. Three or more of my school buddies died in VN. Wife's brother also died from AO.

Have two daughters and three grandkids. They've had many issues over the years and finally got their acts together. They don't come around much anymore since their Mother is in such bad shape and they don't know how to deal with it or they come over because they are little short on money. But their a good bunch and working and doing the best they can in this current day of unknowns.

Well I've given you more than I've told others - so take care - stay in touch and may your health be strong and may your heart keep pounding.

With great regards,

Wayne (aka: Boats) & Kathleen

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-04-2019, 09:46 AM

Well Kathleen went in for her lung test today - and she failed to complete this test it was supposed to be 50 min. long - she could only tolerate 20 min. So much for her pulmonary test. Doctor said she may have COPD or Emphysema? Coupled with her ongoing idiopathic neuropathy & hypertension made it impossible for her to complete this test. She also has severe anxiety most likely from all the ongoing medical test & issues she's been having having the 3-5 years. She will see the doctor again in a week to discuss any options he may have for her.

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"