The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2019, 03:51 PM

Arrow ‘Wonderful to watch Trump voters learn’: MSNBC panel laughs at conservatives angry ov

‘Wonderful to watch Trump voters learn’: MSNBC panel laughs at conservatives angry over small tax returns
By: Sarah K. Burris of RawStory 2-10-19
RE: https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/won...l-tax-returns/

Americans have begun to learn the impact of the Republican tax cut that was rolled into effect after they failed to “repeal and replace” the Affordable Care Act. Not only did the trickle-down tax cut have no impact on businesses, economist Paul Krugman said it has made Americans worse off.

Many are discovering this as they begin to do their taxes and learn that their typical refunds are shrinking. “I trusted you,” said one voter of President Donald Trump, who saw his refund cut in half.

In an MSNBC panel Sunday, it was revealed the IRS estimates tax cuts to decrease considerably. The average cut in 2018 was $2,033 and this year it will average $1,865. Refunds had an 8.4 percent decrease thanks to the Republican tax cut.

Panelists simply shrugged, avoiding saying “I told you so.” The host noted that Trump voters are saying that they feel “cheated.”

“Which is amazing because we’ve been telling them they’ve been cheated in this entire time,” said SiriusXM radio host Danielle Modie-Mills. The “tax bill was only going to help the 1 percent. And everybody else you may see a few bucks back but not even seeing that. So, yes, these people have been cheated, and we’ve known that for a long time. I’m so glad they’re waking up to that in reality.”

“Donald Trump would never lie about anyone’s taxes. How dare you,” joked Republican strategist Rick Tyler. “Look, people can defend the actual tax cut that got passed, and I can defend elements of it but don’t sell it as a middle-class tax cut when it wasn’t. now people are finding out.

Above The Law editor, Elie Mystal noted that watching those Trump supporters learn the facts about what Democrats have been telling them is like “schadenfreude,” a German word meaning “happiness at the misfortune of others.”

“It’s wonderful to watch the Trump voters learn,” he said. “Now we get to test a theory I’ve had. My theory has been, they voted for Trump because they’re racist and sexist. Their theory: ‘No. we had economic grievances.’ Now we get to see who was right. If they had economic grievances, it’s a great time not to vote for Trump again. Other grievances, then they’ll be part of the 37 percent once again.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: I got less money back this TAX filling and it was significant to say the least.
My bean counter said some new rules came into play and different TAX deduction changes.
But his rate for services didn't go down!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links