The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > International

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2020, 08:42 AM

Exclamation 'A generation has died': Italy deploying army to lock down worst-hit region in corona

'A generation has died': Italy deploying army to lock down worst-hit region in coronavirus crisis
By: Spencer Neale - The Washington Examiner - 03-20-20
Re: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...navirus-crisis

As the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Italy surpasses 40,000, the Italian government has instructed the army to lock down the worst-affected region of the country.

The president of Lombardy, a northern region of Italy which includes the city of Milan, backed the move as Italy attempts to slow the spread of the coronavirus which has killed more than 3,000 people in Italy.

"[The request to use the army] has been accepted ... and 114 soldiers will be on the ground throughout Lombardy ... it is still too little, but it is positive," Attilio Fontana said during a news conference on Friday.

Fontana claimed the virus is still spreading throughout his region, and the troops are needed to enforce the closure of nonessential commercial activity and ban on public movement in an attempt to slow the spread.

"Unfortunately, we are not seeing a change of trend in the numbers, which are rising," he said.

Videos circulating on social media on Thursday showed the Italian army transporting hundreds of coffins to Bergamo, Italy, where funeral workers say "a generation has died."

“In a normal month we would do about 120 (burials),” said Antonio Ricciardi, the largest funeral provider in Bergamo. “A generation has died in just over two weeks. We’ve never seen anything like this, and it just makes you cry.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: This virus (like so many before it) is almost as bad as a plague. I would imagine that since mankind has walked on this earth that viruses were in play even back then. We are not infallible - but we like to think we are - but as a people we are still vulnerable to microbes that we can't even see.

What causes these periodic pandemics? If it's airborne it could be related to air pollution.
I know we are all tired about hearing about climate change - but to me - there is more to it than we humans take seriously. We could in the long be destroyer's of our own race just by polluting our environment or by changing our climate.

We get these wake up call periodically by each of these pandemics - but we do little about it until way after the affect.

These are just my thoughts which most likely don't hold a grain of sand. But as a member of this planet at this time - give me a better answer?

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links