Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2018, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation The Freedom Of Speech & Attitude

8-9-2018

(more personal opinions)

“The First Amendment (or Freedom of Speech)” if you prefer, is a splendid thing and as vital to our system of government as is any of the other tenets within “Our Bill of Rights!”

After all, was it not placed at the head of “Liberty’s Hit Parade” by “Our Founding Fathers?”

However, “Our Founders” also realized that intelligent men and women would have to use this freedom wisely and judiciously, as there may always be fools who would abuse it and who would attempt to contort it to it their own individual demands! And some of these selfish agendas, I might add, are often motivated by personal greed, political party avarice, and the power that is so often encapsulated within their own greedy little souls!

The tenet that “All Men Are Created As Equal” can be short lived indeed, especially within the eyes and actions of those who continuously espouse freedom, but who in reality, feel that this “Blessing From God and Our Founders” belongs to them alone. Or at the very least, that they are personally more entitled or privileged than their peers - and this by virtue of their political and/or social affiliations alone!

Once again (and in my opinion), this misguided and erroneous assumption is as dangerous to “Any Nation of Freedom-Loving People” as is human bondage itself! And when the arrogance of politics (and the media alike), attempts to circumvent everything good that we have stood for over these past 242 years, then are not these people also implying that responsibility, as well as rights and justice, no longer apply to all men and women equally?

“And especially beware of anyone who seeks to remove or to expunge even a single one of your rights, as any hungry creatures like these will never be satisfied with but a single theft – They Rarely Are!!”

Our Bill of Rights may not be entirely perfect - “BUT THEY ARE STILL OUR BILL OF RIGHTS!!”

Hardcore
Old 08-09-2018, 10:21 AM

Question “All Men Are Created As Equal” hmmmm

“All Men Are Created As Equal” hmmmm

This may be true if your Family has money - so that you can live in a life style appropriate to others of equal value. Most are not as fortunate to have parents with a significant bankroll.

Example I grew up having to live through divorces - foster homes. Of course they all said I didn't understand why parents have issues. After a while my real mother took me in with a Step-Dad and things began to settle down for me. But we weren't rich and my cloths were not always new and I had patches on my pants for the longest time. My neighborhood nickname was Rag's because my clothes weren't new - but they were clean - I stood out having patched clothes. I was picked on as were a few others whose families were in the same economic problems as ours. We accepted it and took side jobs after school or during break. Working for farmers or collecting bottles or just anything that would fetch a dollar or two.

Rich kids didn't have to do that - so at this point - this is where "we are not all created equal". Mom worked cleaning house's and Pap (my step-dad him and his brothers worked at a local steel mill he was a swell guy - who also would bartend on weekends to bring in a few more dollars.

We didn't go to any prep schools - we didn't have new bikes or new cars. Mom would cook and my sister's would do whatever sisters do. We never owned a new home we rented an old farm house.

Silver spoon's we weren't - but I think it made us better!

But the issue is "all men are created equal" - doesn't always sound as good as its written.

Freedom of speech you betcha! On the streets growing up there was plenty of that. Not all english diction but street language. High school was worse if you didn't fit in. Many of us were an outcast - and kids can be cruel. Older kids become bullies. Kids with the big bucks did a lot more than the poor kids - but we didn't care we knew how to do things on our own rather than get large allowances and go to movies and eat out. This way of life gives you a backbone of tolerance and fistful in the eye every now and then.

Created equal - this phrase doesn't mean as much to me back then as it does to many. We had to fight for everything - we had to work for it harder than most. This makes us better American's because we know what it's like to fight for something.

We poor kids didn't wait for the draft we enlisted. Rich kids folks knew how to use loop-holes to keep their kids out of the war. Draft dodgers we weren't - but we knew we could do some good and improve our worth by enlisting in the service. Here we all got new families - Bud's or Pal's - we learned to depend on each other - we became a team. We watched out for each other at all times.

To me the military meant more than anything I've ever done in my life. Now I considered myself to be created equal. I had purpose - I learned many things - I understood many more things then I would have running the streets as so many did.

Many gave their lives so others back home could live - boy that meant alot to all of us. We were no longer useless as they called many of us back then. We had a purpose in life to protect each other and help those who were like us once - the helpless with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Yep I'm a Flag waiver - we have equals but we also have more Brother's and Sister's than anyone else. This is how I define Purpose and Family - now this puts us on an even keel where as we are "created equal" at this very point in our lives.

If my interpretation is wrong tell me. When I got out I bonded with those who served and together we once again formed up as a team and built our lives together thereby improving our ability to take on a family and provide for them - not as rich folks but as an American Family dedicated to values of which many rich kids just have little of!

Boats 8-9-18

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote