Old 04-24-2002, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Sticks and Stones

David

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 01-09-2001 at 12:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 clicks off the border late december '90. The Iraq special forces have been very busy. They send people out every day to penetrate our lines. They pose as sheep herders, locals. They walk our perimeters by day, at night they broadcast via high power radio sets all they have seen. We knew they were there. They had stolen vehicles, blew up a few supply areas, they even tried to run node42's perimeter with one of our trucks. Those guys got the axel wrapped in constantina wire and were sent to Heaven. A lot of activity on both sides. Our special forces were making trench runs round the clock. Get in, hit people, get back. I kept thinking when will this escalate?. When will we take the hood off and show these bastards what kinda shit they stepped into. Answer comes from our neighbors. I am sitting on guard duty, looking across the border, when I see what appears to be tracer fire coming from next to our neighbors. Thousands of rounds of tracers are in the sky now. It's a good thing I think, they need to back these people up a bit. Next thing I know the entire sky starts to light up. First white then orange. I mean the entire sky looked liked a wall of fire and explosions a mile high and lit the clouds even behind up for as far as could be seen. I was shocked, had no idea what was going on, thought we must have hit an ammo dump. Turns out it was MLRS. A handy weapon in the modern catalog. One launch takes out an entire grid square with anti-personnel and light armour. Of course at the time I only thought in the moment and was ecstatic at our use of force but lately a quote comes to mind when I think of that night "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.", Albert Einstein.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links