Old 04-24-2002, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Subject Gulf War Posted by 1CAV On History Channel

David

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 01-09-2001 at 12:33
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
arrow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject Gulf War

Posted by 1CAVCCO15MED Posted on 6/6/00 11:04 AM

The day the local Reserve units came home from Saudi there was a big parade that went right in front of where I worked. All day people asked me if I would be going out to welcome them back. I kept saying, " No, I'm exempt." I was plainly resenting the treatment these people were receiving compared to what I got. But when it came time I was out there with the rest of them and I was so glad I was. I could see the pain in their eyes and realized we are all the same. They were more grateful for the Vietnam guys being there than anyone.

David

Posted: 2001-08-26 19:04
There is no greater honor for a veteran then to be recognized by his fellow veterans, for there is no man alive that could understand were he has been and truly appreciate what that means except a fellow veteran. Thank you to all of the Vietnam veterans who served and to all those same veterans who came to cheer us as we made it back home. You as well as the veterans still with us from other conflicts, will always have the highest place of honor in my heart.

ABN_CIB

Posted: 2001-08-28 20:30
Shakespear's Henry V said;

"...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother...."

Maybe we don't shed our blood together on the same field, but we shed it for the same country and the same ideal...no matter which is our war, we are all brothers...even the women are my brothers.

arrow

Abn just wanted to say hi...nice to see you over here with us...think you will find it peaceful...arrow>>>>>>>
Saw the people standin' thousand years in chains Somebody said it's different now, look, it's just the same...Pharoahs spin the message, round and round the truth..They could have saved a million people How can I tell you? ccr

ABN_CIB

Posted: 2001-08-31 19:28
Thanks, arrow. I'm sure I'll enjoy it here...lotsa friends.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2002, 09:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Cwilkens
Default Shared Experiences - Brothers one and all

To the Gulf Vets

All my respect. I cheered you in NYC and in Washinton DC.

You all deserve all the respect of warriors one and all.

Watch the politicians. They gave it away during Vietnam and they did it again in the Gulf. Don't let them sacrifice you as they did us.

Make them live up to their promises. This includes all the 'Brass' as well. They sold the ideas they were given to all of you.

cwilkens/ 716 MP BN/ Saigon/ 1967-68
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote