Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Live from EUROPE its EXLRRP!!

(sung to the tune of April IN Paris)

"EXLRRP in Paaaaaaaarrris
Who can I tuuuuurn to??
Buh Buh Buh boo boo
Sues still in Richmond....."

Well; here we find your boy strolling down the Champs Elysees again--- I never feel quite such the boulevardier as when Im in Paris--I should get a top hat and some spats. this is the best town for walking in the world
The latest version of the 2003 Intenational Vietnam Victory Tour finds the ol lrrpster doing the grand tour of Europe and suceeding ones may even find him in such exotic places as Costa Rica and Tennessee
Hadn*t seen Paris in the fall before--its outside of tourist season so many of the sites are being worked on. but the fall leaves are turning color qnd the place de concorde and the tuilleries are a splendid firestorm of color
Paris is is a whole lot like New York i that they are very tough smart and sophisticated--and stylish; dont let me forget stylish. Paris women are to die for and dont they just know it. the subway system is a whole lot cleaner and more userfriendly--its easy to get around on foot like NY
Sos Paris food--in a place where they have three times more chefs than lawyers you know the food is greqt (CA: 6 lawyers to 1 chef) I had a killer dinner for only 17 Euros (about 20 bucks) course not drinking wine keeps it cheap
Tommy We got a much better deal in Vietnam--you should see what 60 bucks gets you here for accommodation as opposed to the Grand Hotel
Its a trip here because the Internet Explorer is in French, the letters are in the wrong place and theres half again as ,any letters; they got an extra shift key to handle them all so sorry about the spelling--Im too fried from jet lag to correct them.
day after tommorrow Im catching the bullet train to London; then coming back here in 10 days to stay a week; then Florence

Au Revoir Yall
James
Old 10-07-2003, 07:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Live well,...

...Live well James,..

...Live Well,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

I love your work ethics or lack there of james bon voyage
Old 10-07-2003, 08:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Way to go!

Keep on trucking, James. Post more pictures. Yer tax dollars at work. LOL
Old 10-07-2003, 10:27 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

If you get a hankerin for the tropical lifestyle you left in HI,check out Majorca and Palma for a day or two down in the Riviera.OO_LA_LA!Cheap,too.Or at least it used to be...

Peace,Griz
Old 10-08-2003, 06:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

James , somehow knowing you and Napoleon are together at last , seems natural. Keep on trucking. Spent a week in Paris in 69 with a beautiful woman who was getting married the next week.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Live from London its EXLRRP

Hi guys, sorry I couldn't get back to you till now but those multilingual key bopards are just too much-- too many Ns with tildas and Es with accents--theres a wjhole nother shift key juust to handle it all and they put all the letters they do have in the wrong place. Now I'm in London and everythings cool.
Almost missed the train here--slept till 1230, the trainleaves at 100. So here we see yr boy hotfooting it up the Rue with the Rollybag trailing behind hollering TAXI!!!!. I get to a taxi stand GREAT!!! and hop in the first one--and he tells me I have to go to the one across the square. Now we see yr boy sprinting across the traffic square to the other side--gets there and like the taxi drivers are trying to tell me something--
I'm like: "YO!!! YOu Taxi!!! Me fare!!! you take this money!!!
(waves Euros)
WE Go Gare Du Nord!!!! Sil Vous Plait!!!
They still didn't get it--I mean lunchtime or what?? maybe oujt to lunch time
???
"Blank!11 Blank!! Blank!!!"
I gave em a pretty strong English lesson!!!. I mean Ive never been in a pplace where a taxidriver wouldn't take a double sawbuck if offered, I used to drive a cab and I would have had him in and rolling just to charge the flagdrop. No wonder the Germans kick their asses when they have a bad hair day

(pssst!Wanna know why theres so many treelined streets in Paris?? The German Army likes to march in the shade!!)

Anyway, I finally hailed a passing taxi and its off tto the Gare--get there with minutes to spare.
Its a cool ride through the CHunnel--185mph--man those telephone poles DID look like a picket fence!! The US shold have these
I like Paris better than London so far, its much more of a romantic town (its not the first time John I was there briefly 2 years ago on tthe way to Provence)
Went walking the streets late last night, ol jet lag still got me--its almost 12 hrs different than the west coast

" The day was cold and blustery as the old lrrp picked his way up the twisted, turning streets of Montmartre. He sadly passes by La Cafe Boheme and thinks to himself how once it rang with gaiety in the days when it was painted by Toulouse Lautrec, the days when La Belle Josephine dance there in the nude and standing gazing from the steps of Sacred Couer over the view of La Bon Cites he thinks sadly back to the prewar days when Paris wwas the city of Light and he was lit"
Well, this was as far as I got on my epic anyway
I'm staying in earls court here which is sort of a yuppified neighborhood, everything looks prscious or maybe thats ju8st Merrie Old England for you.
Strolled along the Thames (tthe lrrpster is wearing out some shoe leather!!) Had a killer English dinner in a French restaurant run by |Italians which will tell you how Europes loking these days.
Barkstons Gardens, where I'm staying looks like you might see Holmes and watson racing out to a waiting cab and its off to Paddington station--The hunts up watson!!!!
Well, thats the vibe, anyway, Paris and london are bothe towns we know a lot from novels. An d historical!!! I mean yr walking down a street in Pariss when you realize that Gosh--these cobblestones may have been here for 500- years save only being torn up to fling during a few revolutions These people were building buildings 150 ft high and higher a thousand years before America was ever heard of
I'm going on up to Stratford On Avon tommorow to pay my respects to the Bard--want to see a genuine Shakespeare Play in the genuine Globe (rebuilt) That would be deeply spiritually meaningfull and so I'll be getting the tshirt
Tom---Vietnam is a much better vacation deal, this is like walking dowwn the street tearing up $20bills

Au Revoir, yall

James
Old 10-09-2003, 03:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

James have a spot of tea and a nice kidney pie for me and stay out of trouble this time please
Old 10-09-2003, 04:09 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb James

I don?t know your itinerary but you did mention Tennessee. We?ll be there on the 17th. The Bard would be very nice but he don?t measure up to Doc, not in my eyes. You?ve no doubt already come and gone from Avon, damn it. I?d love some very little do dad from the Globe. Been saying I?d go to England every year since I was in high school, some day. You continue to have a great time.

Hey LT, you mentioned Napoleon, cute comment. It reminded me of a history test in 8th grade. I got all the answers right but lost ten points. I spelled his name Napoleon Blown a part. Mr. Barnett read that to the rest of the class. Early teen trauma.

Stay healthy, see some of you soon,
Andy
Old 10-09-2003, 04:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking JAMES

What're you doing up so late [3:20AM]? So, does Saigon look like Paris? Now you've been to both, you Globetrotter. Before the war[s], Saigon was called "The Paris Of The Orient."

While you're there, tell those THIEVIN" Brits to give back those 6 counties of Northern Ireland to their rightful owners . Have you been confronted with any anti-Americanism? Or are they like most places; they like the American Dollar and whoever is passing them out? I already knew that London and Paris were 2 of the most expensive cities in the world, up there with Tokyo, San Francisco and New York.

Really happy for ya' havin' such a good time, Bud. Expect to see LOTS of pictures.