The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Chemical Warfare

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2018, 08:31 AM

Arrow Trump adviser: I wouldn't take anything off the table on response to alleged Syria ch

Trump adviser: I wouldn't take anything off the table on response to alleged Syria chemical attack
BY: BRETT SAMUELS - 04/08/18 09:26 AM EDT
re: http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-t...i-wouldnt-take

President Trump’s homeland security adviser said Sunday it’s possible the U.S. could hit Syria with a missile attack or other military action following reports of another chemical attack on its citizens.

Thomas Bossert said on ABC’s “This Week” that the Trump administration is looking at the details of the alleged attack on a hospital in Douma, Syria, which left dozens dead. The death count will likely rise.

“I wouldn’t take anything off the table. These are horrible photos, we’re looking into the attack at this point,” Bossert said.

President Trump on Sunday also blasted his predecessor, former President Obama, for not responding to previous chemical attacks by Syria with military force.

Trump clashed with many of his national security and military advisers last week when he said he plans to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria “very soon.” He has suggested that the U.S. could extend its military presence in Syria if other countries, including Saudi Arabia, pay for it.

However, his comments were met with pushback from multiple advisers, who warned that pulling troops out of Syria would be a mistake.

Bossert said Sunday that he believes the U.S. should not carry the bulk of responsibility in addressing the crisis in Syria. He called on Middle Eastern nations to contribute troops to the fight as well.

"American troops aren’t going to fix the six or seven different ongoing conflicts and wars going on in the Middle East or in Syria at this stage. We need regional partnership increased and we need U.S. presence decreased," he said.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links