The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2004, 05:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Home Depot Stories

I got a million of em
Yesterday went down to the HD to help The Woman get some fencing partts for her dog run. I have to borrow a buddies truck for this, theyre too big to get into my Aerostar.
She was getting a gate panel and a plain fence panel, each about 6'x 6'.
The gate panel was damaged but useable and one of the peiople there said they'd give us a discount at the front. I wasn't right there at the moment and so she didn't get the paper saying this. ALWAYS get the paper saying this!
When we got to the checkout of course, the cashier couldn't handle this--had to call for the building supplies guy, who evidently went to take a company time shit--We were standing there for 15 minutes waiting.
Finally I walked up to 2 guys behind a desk with orange vests on talking on cell phones. I walked up and asked them if they were managers--course they said no
I said I was trying to make a cash sale with their business and it had taken over 15 minutes and I wanted some service. They both said they weren't managers. I said GET ONE! (23 years as a General Contractor--thats Capitalism OCS)
Turned out one of them WAS a manager or at least he came over and started talking to the ccashier.
After we got the discount taken care of it turned out they were trying to charge $10 more than the tag price on the rack.
Thats right, the computer at the checkout was charging $69 for a $59 thing. (We had just bought 8 of these the week before so we knew the price)This is because of HD's FRAUDULENT pricing strategy.
I told the "manager" this and he said: (and I am NOT making this up!)
"The price went up because of a worldwide metal shortage"
I mean I was shocked--I think steam started to come out of my ears
I said: A WORLDWIDE METAL SHORTAGE?? Your computer is registering $ 10 above the proper price and youre blaming it ON A WORLDWIDE METAL SHORTAGE??? Yr out of yr MIND!!! There's no world wide metal shortage of galvanized tubing and wire the whole state of Minnesota is iron.
I was incredulous--not often you get handed that much bullshit served up as truth outside of Washington DC
He and I walked back to the rack where we got it where the price was clearly marked $59. I tolf him his pricing people hadn't kept up with the worldwide metal shortage and what the heck was up with THAT???
Walking back I gave him another earful: Ive reported their fraudulent pricing policy to the state attorney general for years. I tolf him I was going to come back in a few days and if the price was still different from the register I was going to the District Attorney with it.
We'd been at the cashiers register over a hal;f hour for a $100 purchase.As I left I told him: Wordwide metal shortage? You should be ashamed of yourself. He said he'd change the tag--I said he'd better!! I'm going to check when I come back from Down South

At this same store about 2 years ago, My girlfriend went down to buy a shower door for a 36" opening. Your Home Depot pro sent her home with a 36" door--unfortunately a 36" opening takes a 32" door so I had to send it back. she took it back and then brought the same one back saying the guy said we were supposed to cut it down to siize. Cut 4" off a tempered glass door?? Oh yeah, that happens all the time.
I was so steamed I took it back myself and took it up with the manager. That kin d of incompetence has to be addressed.
I let them know what I think of them--Ive had a lot of practice by now. I would not go in the place if there was some place else I could get the stuff
ALWAYY ALWAYS ALWAYS know what the price is in advance, Home Depot maintains a fraudulent pricing strategy. Better yet, support small businesses.

I got dozens of more stories like this.

James

OFF TO ATLANTA 10:00 AM today!!
Old 04-23-2004, 01:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Ahh yes, Home Depot. I hate when I know more then the person you ask for help does. 90% of the time I know what I am looking for, just need to be pointed in the right direction to find it.
Electrical parts shopping is so much fun there, I asked for a three way switch. "He asked why?" Because I need one. "Do you know how to wire one up?" Yes. "Good because I have no clue how to do it, so I can't answer any questions you might have!"
Where are they? He picks a few switches and then tells me. "In with the rest of them, I quess?" Could you find me a manager faster then you found the switch? "Yeah" Good, go do that, and make sure he know what the hell a three way switch is!
I found a three way, I've wired it up with out any problems. My two bedrooms turn on the hallway light, and from either bedroom you can turn the light off. You can also turn the light on an off from the hallway!
Oh, and the manager couldn't find the switch either.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 06:54 PM

Home Depot, is always the last place I will go to shop !

bb
Old 04-24-2004, 05:28 AM

If you really ever notice, the Home Depot has WAY to many Mentally Ill people working there, but right across the street there is also a LOWES.

I bought some OBS at home depot last year for 5.47 a sheet and now the stuff is almost 20,00 . Go figure.

They did give a a good deal on some siding for my shed, cause the corners were broken off on one corner ( about a 2 inch ) diameter, and they sold it to me for 1/2 price, after all it is just a shed, but then I went back to get more and the stuff had paint runs in it, and the Retard said he would give me a 10% discount. Duh, I went ahead and bought the good ones.

My neighbor use to work at the Home Depot, and he says that the manager has him take the somewhat damaged goods in the back and cut them up and throw them in the trash dumpster.

Wouldnt it be better to put them on the side out in the open view and at least get some money for them ????

enough.....
Old 04-26-2004, 08:43 AM

Hey James--Not all of Minn. is iron, I have a farm that prduces very good corn & soy beans. iron ore up north is kinda disappearing, not much mining anymore. No offense taken, I know you just making a point.-Dennis
Old 04-28-2004, 05:08 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I told this on the mountain

While standing in line at home depot with a quart of paint and some small steel nailer plates as I got to the register the lady just walked away. She didn't say anything, no I'm sorry I have to go potty or its break time or nuthin, just walked away. As more people got in line and we just stood there and waited the guy behind me remarked that he didn't think my deoderant was that bad, the guy behind him asked out loud "what do you have to do do get service around here". A PTSD moment occured, we were near the delivery doors and there was a whole stack of new windows there, I promptly started screaming unkind words and launched the quart of paint through the stack of new windows, then I threw the handfull of steel nailers across the floor and walked out. Later a friend we know who worked at the store stopped by to tell about the person that went beserk in the store that morning.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default One More Quickie

I went to another HD to pick up some 3way switches . I knew they we 99cents. When I got to the counter they charged me $3 each. I tyook them back and showed them the price. They told me they were in the wrong bin. I said No, the SKU # matched the price.
A few days later I went in again and purposely bought the same thing--still over charging but this time I went to an asst manager who acted com;petely disintersted but told me they'd change it.
Sure nough, few days later I went in and bought ANOTHER one and it was the same thing!!
I called the manager on the spot and read him out. I told hi8m I KNEW it was done intentionally BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS IN THE STORES FAVOR!!!! He said Oh a worldwide corporation wouldn't be doing that and I could only laugh in his face. Ever hear of Enron? or Oil companies?
Since then every time this happens to me, which is seldom because I avoid the place like the plague, I email it to the state ATTY Gen, theyr keeping a file on them (or me !)

The next time I go to Home Depot I want Sid to come with me, I like his style in these matters

James
Old 05-02-2004, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default JAMES,...

...I SEE EXACTAULLY WHAT YOU MEAN, AND I DO BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT,...

...I WENT IN TODAY TO LOOK FOR A LAWNTRACTOR PART, AND NEEDED A BOX OF DECK SCREWS, AND WENT TO THE REAR, AND SAW WHAT I NEEDED, WHICH WERE 2 1/2 INCH DECK MATES, AND THE PRICE WAS $20.97 ON THE RACK, AND I CRUISE UP TO THE SELF CHECK OUT, AND PROCEED TO SCAN THEM IN, AND LOW, AND BEHOLD UP POPS $22.93, THAT'S A F#*KIN DIFFERENCE OF $1.96 PER DAMN BOX, SO NOW I'M WASTING MORE DAMN TIME TO WALK BACK, AND SHOW THE IDIOT THE DIFFERENCING BETWEEN THE SHELF PRICE, AND THE SCAN PRICE, AND I BELIEVE THEY ARE RIPPING THE WHOLE DAMN PUBLIC OFF ON ANYTHING THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LINE,...

...THEN THE WOMAN AT THE COUNTER SAYS "OH I REMEMBER YOU FROM YESTERDAY" (WHAT i WANTED TO SAY)... YEA NO F*#KIN SHI+, WHEN YOU APPROACH 8 CLERKS, AND NOT ONE CAN TELL YOU WHERE ANY ONE PARTICULAR ITEM IS IN THE STORE, IT TENDS TO PISS ME OFF, AND I DON'T NEED YOUR MOUTH REGARDING IT",M (BUT SHE WAS BEING NICE, AND IT WASN'T HER FAULT...

...I'M LIT OFF NOW, AND WILL BE CONTINUING THIS TIRADE TO THE """PROPER CHANNELS" I'VE SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS LAST YEAR ALONE IN THAT STORE, AND NOW YOU REALLLY GOT ME WONDERING HOW MUCH I BEEN TAKEN FOR,...

...I DO BELIEVE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS PROBABLY JUST WHAT THEY NEED,..

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-03-2004, 01:25 PM

Never attempt to purchase a straight board from that store. We needed lumber last year to build a bookcase. Must have gone through two dozen 2x8's just to find four for the sides of the case. I always try to buy local first, TrueValue or Ace for hardware and local lumber yards for everything else.

The quality at HD is on the level of Kmart and the service is about the same too.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan