Default France

Just a little info, Texas is bigger.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2003, 07:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation

YEAH RON, and Texas wouldn't desert us the way that France (and others) did either!!!!

VERITAS
Old 12-26-2003, 08:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Froggies

Not only are we bigger than France, but from the discerning palates comes the opinion that we produce better wine than the Froggies as well. 'Samatter of fact, some the root stock currently producing grapes in France was imported from Texas, after a killer fungus wiped out local stock. A twenty dollar bill in my pocket says that labelless samples of wine would reveal to all except the effete snobs that our wine is better!

And here's another little tidbit of culinary delight: right up the road in Dripping Springs, Texas, comes some of the finest goat cheese in the world, a consistent winner of international contests. Add to this fact that a Frog wouldn't know barbecue from boujolais, and confuses hatred with hospitality!

And, given the proper choice to make, we Texicans don't drop our rifles, or plant trees so that the invading army can march in the shade, or desert our allies! My personal boycott of all things French continues.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 09:25 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default My rookie firefighter

Is taking some college and one of his instructors is French. She said her name to the class and then said it ment "A noble warrior" he busted out laughfing, until she asked what was so funny, He just said 'your kidding-right" she wasn't , HA, Ha, Ha,

better wine, better cheese, better bread, Better beef, The only thing in Fance that is scared is the sheep.

Ron
Old 12-26-2003, 09:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Aw , you goat ropers are always braggin' ??.just kidding!!!!! Don't get all upset now. I know all about Texan pride.

I have two VN bros from Texas who I'm in contact with. One owns the Richardson Bike Mart and the other is a Detective with the Big D police.
The one who owns the Bike Mart , Jim Hoyt is his name , was awarded the Silver Star for his actions on 7/11/69.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 12-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default New jerrsy

Get a rope---

Nobody I know will ever see me upset. Why do I know that name (Jim Hoyt)?

Ron
Old 12-26-2003, 10:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Ron,

Glad to know you can take a joke.God knows I've had to put up with hundreds of Jersey jokes. I wouldn't venture a guess on how you know the name Jim Hoyt. If your familiar with Richardson TX. Maybe his name has popped up in relation to the Richardson Bike Mart? Or maybe in connection with Lance Armstrong. When he was first starting out Jim sponsored him and built and maintained his bikes. He was riding BMX bikes at that time. Jim still supports him,although the USPS is team USA's big sponsor now, and has gone to Europe for the Tour De France ever since he's been racing in it.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 12-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Doc.2/47

Wine?Let's see..I used ta know...
Oh yeah!That's that weak watery stuff some folks make outta fruits.'S why France and Calif. make so much of it.Got so many fruits to squeeze.
Course folks as has fine water an a proper edjication make whisky.The Jack Daniels distillery is down the road just a little piece an got the George Dickle distillery within walkin distence of the house(tell me I don't know a thing or three about proper plannin!).Hear tell there're a few others around but I ain't sposed to talk about em so I won't.

Was a combination of whisky,a cold winter,an bunch of good ole Tennessee boys that got Texas started.Seems as how Sam Houston,David Crockett an a bunch of the boys was settin around a big ole bonfire with a few crocks of Tennessee anti-freeze an one of the fellas allowed as how he'd been down South to a place called Florida an that-believe it or not-it was warm all year round down there.Well,nother fella says that his Mama never raised no fool an he was willin to bet $5 that there weren't no sech place as stayed warm all winter.So all the boys took out to find out who was right.
It is a commonly known fact that bein around the material used to make crock jugs can screw up a fella's navigational skills somethin awful an the boys just kept veerin off to the right but they did find a place that was warm in the winter then passed out.That guy never did get his $5 cause the fella he'd bet with was still swimmin around in circles in the middle of this BIG ole creek they'd crossed on the way.
Next mornin they was hurtin fer certain.Heads bout four sizes too big an poundin.Mouths that tasted like somethin had made a nest there-then died.No clue where they was.An-worst of all-the jugs were empty!Needed a little hair o the dog.Paid some Mexicans for some sippin whisky but all they handed over was these bottles of water with WORMS in em.When the ruckus was over-being as how they was the only ones still standin,an they couldn't remember how to get home-they figured they'd best name the place.Decided to call it "NO TAXES" but somebody wrote it down wrong.

Well,just figured y'all needed to know where your forefathers come from an how come y'all still talk a pretty good brand of Tennesseean to this very day.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:23 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Tenn Boys

You may have left out a tail or two. When Travis drew a line in the dirt all those Tenn Boys crossed first. When it came time to leave (and they had the chance) they all stayed. When it came time to die, they went down fighten to the last man. News got back to the Texan Army that caught Santa Anna by a gulf inlet. Those boys charged across an open field 300 yards and attacked Santa Anna"s Army yelling "Remember the Alamo" Kicked Ass.
Republic of Texas was Born, Thanks to a very large part, those boys from Tenn.

Hears-to-Ya

Ron
Old 12-26-2003, 06:54 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Not only is Texas Bigger but in my opinion it is better. But then I think anywhere here is better but thats just my opinion!

I just don't care for France and never had. Heard alot of stories from my grabdpa about them. There are alot of things I could say about 'em but that would require less than nice words!