The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2003, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy A War Of Double Standards, An Achilles Heel?

Once upon a time, men fought wars by standing directly across from each other and trading salvos! The last man standing, or the last rank to break was the victor!

During our American Revolution, we began by attempting to utilize the same tactics, but quickly learned at that bridge in Lexington, that you can not win a war by fighting by the other guy?s rules. Especially when the other guy is more proficient at them than you! Warfare has, after all, nothing to do with gentlemanly or fair, and as such, we quickly adopted Indian Tactics!

In Somalia, as it now is in Afghanistan and Iraq, at least part of the military mindset is to win the hearts of indigenous personnel. We do this by feeding them, treating them squarely, and even rebuilding their mud-huts after the conflict is over!

This analogy is fashioned after the Golden Rule, but I am hear to tell you (As harsh as it may sound) that this system of ?You shoot me, I kiss you, rarely works!!? It did not work in Vietnam or Somalia, and it ain?t working in Iraq (or anywhere else in the Middle East either)!

It is great, politically speaking, to be remembered as ?Mr. Nice Guy? while you are seated behind your ?Kevlar Plated Desk?, thousands of miles removed from the scene of carnage. But when your the trooper on the line, and you are ordered to abide by bull-shit rules that the other guy has no intention of keeping, then you my friend have been cuffed and hobbled!

I just heard yet another ?Airwaves Expert?, a retired general again, warning our troops to watch their ?6? (backs). ?No shit General Beetle Bailey!!? Sometimes, however and especially when your dealing with ?Flea-Brained Fanatics? to whom dying for an ideology of hate, is overpowering, then you my friend are at a definite disadvantage, unless of course you have a sixth sense and eyes in the back of your head!

And still I hear our leaders proclaiming that we must be exceptionally careful to identify the good guy from the bad guy, as if a terrorist smells any different from the local dirt farmer or opium lord!? ?Both would greatly benefit from a bath now and then!?

The biggest problem as I see it, is that we tend to view international enemies in the same light as we see our comrade advancing right along side of us, and this often proves deadly! The people that we are fighting have evolved from a different culture, often from one of want and hatred. Many are content to fester about in their own little dung heaps, as happy as pigs in shit! And when it does become necessary to protect our sovereignty or national interests, we must fight fire with fire and hatred with hatred. The humanitarian has little place upon a battlefield, save for filling up a body bag! (Unfortunate, but dreadfully true!)

We still will win this conflict, even if we continue along the same pattern, but the cost may be higher if we continue to view too many as civilians, who are in fact armed to the teeth and hell bent on mayhem!

?If it looks like trouble, it probably is, so kill em all and let the devil sort ?em out!!?

Remember too, we entered Somalia as liberators, but when push came to shove, even old farts and kids were peppering away at us. And in war, especially in some ?Third World Shit Hole?, a few person?s loyalties can change with the tide of battle, and this can prove fatal!

I also find it disturbing that damned near every broadcast I catch on the tube where experts are telling us how they think it is, the bottom header on the screen is most always replete with a stock market report! Now who was it that was saying that this war has nothing to do with economics or oil! (BULL SHIT!!)

VERITAS
Old 03-29-2003, 01:58 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

You got that right Friend. "Achilles Hell" for sure. In fact, and since Korea to date (over a-half-century), due to fighting various degrees of politically-correct warfare and/or having Special Rules of Engagement (enemy never having any),...America has never resolved any matter to date.
Well, at least favorably anyway.

Hopefully, this latest flare-up and continuation of The 1990 Iraqi War will be different,...and We will finally resolve something.
Hey,...after over 50 years, don't you think that this one might be The Charm?

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 02:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Neil old friend

I would hope that the people of our nation will "DEMAND" that this war be a clear cut victory!!!!

A message that even a dunce [aka: Saddam, Tariq, Kim and Osama] can understand!!!

VICTORY BRO, VICTORY!!!!!!!