Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Warfare > Space

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2021, 12:22 PM

Thumbs up UAE Hope mission just reached Mars

UAE Hope mission just reached Mars
By: Chris Burns - Slash & Gear Tech News - 02-09-21
Re: https://www.slashgear.com/uae-hope-m...mars-09658728/

Link: https://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content...3-1280x720.jpg
This week the United Arab Emirates reached orbit around the red planet Mars. The Hope spacecraft launched all the way back in July of 2020 and just reached Mars here on the 9th of February, 2021. “This has been a remarkable journey of humanity,” said UAE Space Agency chairperson Sarah Al Amiri. This is the UAE’s first ever interplanetary mission.

Hope launched aboard a Japan-made H-IIA rocket back in July of 2020 and spent weeks and months in space, journeying to Mars. Now, today, February 9th, 2021, they’ve successfully reached the red planet and inserted in orbit around the planet. The UAE is only the fifth entity to reach Mars, including India, the European Space Agency (ESA), the Soviet Union, and NASA.

As noted by Space dot com, Hope is now “in a temporary orbit that it will retain for a few months as it powers on its instruments and settles into its new home.” The UAE has a plan to move Hope to a science orbit in May of 2021.

The Hope mission has a planned schedule for one Martian year. That’ll last approximately 687 days here on Earth. During this time, Hope will measure various atmospheric phenomena around the planet.

The Hope spacecraft works with three instruments that’ll measure various bits around the planet. They’ll aim to measure how Mars loses atmosphere to space. They’ll attempt to study connections between atmospheric layers around Mars. They’ll also study Mars weather from above.

This is not the only mission headed to Mars this month. NASA’s Perseverance rover is aimed at the red planet this month – it’ll likely land on February 18, 2021. The China Tianwen-1 mission is aiming for arrival this week as well. Take a peek at the first Mars photo from Tianwen-1 now, or drop in on our most recent Perseverance article about the wild landing it’ll make to learn more about said mission.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: You have to admit that space travel is exciting from the standpoint that we know very little about it. We've accomplish a lot so far - but its just the tip of the iceberg!
-
I would like to know that I could be reborn in another time that space travel was available for all!
-
To go where no one's gone before (Star Trek). I'm a SciFi nut case - always have been since I was a kid. From Buck Rogers - Flash Gordon to Alien's - I've watched many scifi flicks - and I often dream of their adventures in the unknowns. We are still many years a way from going where no man or woman has ever gone. But those will be the days and adventures I will never see. SciFi - speculates as to what will be - and many will not see - in our short lives.
-
If our soul move's on to another birth - it may be one that takes us to the stars and beyond. Then again we may destroy ourselves prior to this every taking place. Better yet we may be hit by a large meteor ending all life here on Earth. Or we may destroy ourselves with our weapons today - thus ending the dreamers - and our world forever!
-
I'm in my mid-70's now - health is becoming an issue and the wife is not doing so well. So with this in mind - I have to think about our world - it has such great adventures ahead of itself - and that I can only speculate on what we find - and/or become in the next 50-100 years - if we are so lucky.
-
Maybe our kids or theirs - may be part of the new world order - and have opportunities that we currently can only dream of? Let's give them all that opportunity.
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links