VOM Contributor 
Default Does anyone know...

why Sid jumped on Ron the way he did ??

Larry
Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Larry,...

Think it was on some posting addressed to Gimpy.
Went looking for same and/or what saw the other the other day questioning
Gimpy about where he had been for quite awhile.

Couldn't find it. Entire thread probably has been deleted?

Neil
Old 04-20-2009, 10:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry
I know, but I can't tell you....I might get banned like Pack and Sid

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3196 View Post
Larry
I know, but I can't tell you....I might get banned like Pack and Sid
email me at larryn1121@aol.com or call me.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I haven't !

I haven't abandoned anyone yet. Oh you mean banned from the site.
Not my buddies paco and sid.

Keith
Old 04-20-2009, 05:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

OK, what's going on? I'm been out of the loop for a few days, having been on a Kairos Prison Ministry trip up at Gatesville, TX, at a maximum security prison. Somebody clue me in.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Really have no idea whats going on either. Guess I don't pay enough attention.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Where does one begin,..

..."the feud" has been going on for a long time between everyone, and RON,...

...Some has told him to leave, some have encouraged him to change "some" of his ways, and a lot have just left, and not said anything to him, Angilo one was the last, the Marine who I was trying to find lost info on a past relative who died in Vietnam as a result of a "misadventure" before he just walked because of Ron with his Army vs. Marines bit,...

...To say the least, I have jumped on him many times also, very strongly to the point my last run was deleted I had called him twice before the I'm leaving, and not coming back bit, at the firehouse in Sugerland, and when he came back the last time, he settled in, and then reverted back to being "Can do no wrong Ron", so as the saga goes,...

...Sid , and Ron got in a disagreement regards radio silience, and it escalated from there, and you'd think by know Ron would have figured out that no one here EVER meant him any harm in any way, and everyone here is a bunch of ball busters, but sometimes it gets serious, WE'RE ALL THICKHEADED, AND STUBBORN, BUT WE WOULD HAVE EACH OTHERS BACK IN A NEW YORK SECOND, NOT A TEXAS SECOND, A NEW YORK SECOND,...

...it's kinda like 'Yo Mama" yo mama is so ugly she,.... but the next minute,...

...Dave, a week to cool jets is understandable, but Banning,...

...I thought long, and hard on how I told Ron he was just a misirable old fart, and that he should seek professional help other times, and for the record, I'd thought I'd get a warning, or a time out, but you deleted them,...

... I do see your point on your site being a site for military history preservation, and the open forum is read by many, however off key it might get, or have gotten, these men, and women are pressure cookers that vent when it builds up, calling out another of indifference to their perception of factual accounts is a part of that,...

...I'm no angel either, but many of us have been here for years, and your choice is your choice, but my personal opinion is that if Ron wasn't here from a long time ago, your site would have grown with many more significant members that would have contributed so much more,...

...Fading away as losing the friends we've come to know takes away the shine of it alll,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-21-2009, 09:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Curtis, You have said it as well as it could be said. I have been concerned about the tenor of this site for some time. It is supposed to honor those who have fought and died for the greatest country that ever existed. David does a magnificent job of this. He has been so kind to furnish us a place to meet and converse and share our mutual respect for each other. The collective sum of what the persons here have done for their country is beyond measure. I honor that. To me it transcends any differences we might have. At the same time the stress of war has left us a lot of angry people sometimes with hair triggers. I think we should honor that too and respect that there are places we shouldn't go. That seems difficult or impossible for us to do and for that reason maybe it is inevitable that we descend into this chaos. Maybe there is no way to not be alone. Maybe there is nowhere on earth where we can belong. Maybe that is the price we have to pay.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Perhaps because I'm somewhat of a cyber-goober, I haven't read about it, and maybe it exists somewhere, but what are the ground rules about this site? What constitutes grounds for a suspension, or a full-blown banning? If some will recall, calling someone's mother the grossest of names seems to be OK.....

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."