The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2003, 03:03 PM

Default Do you think I was wrong?????

About two weeks ago our neighbor came over to visit for a spell.

He is 76 yrs old and on Social Security.

Anyhow, this man sold his house about two years ago and bought a $ 60,000.00 Mobile home.

He has been here at the park for about a year now, and dont work.

About two weeks ago, I was on this site making a post, when he knocked and Karen invited him, and after about one minute I had to sign off and go to the back porch.

I came back in to get a cold one, and he said " whats the matter Doug, dont you want me around.

I didnt answer, but went back to the porch, and then got pissed off, and came back in and told him exactly how it is.

I told him, he STINKS, SMELLY, and hasnt the nerve to at least shower before coming over.

His excuse was that he dont have a hot water heater in his mobile.

Aint no excuse to me.

He has a stove and water, a sponge bath would be sufficient.

I hate making enimies, and he is really friendly, but he offended me coming into my housesmelling like that, The weather was cool, and he dont work.

To this date, we havent said jack diddlie to each other.

Even our dog ( who happens to like anyone), didnt kind up to him.

Guess I finially got the nerve to tell him, it has been this way all summer long.

Sorry for making a short story , long.

enough............
Old 11-12-2003, 03:14 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thats one thing I can't stand.......At least now you don't have to endure the stinch. You could of gotten a basket for him...full of deoderant....they even have these things now you just pop in the microwave and you have some clothes to take a warm sponge bath.

I wouldn't worry about it to much. Maybe at least he knows how much he stank and he'll at least try to clean himself up.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 03:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Doug you ain't alone. At work we had a man who looked like a hermit and stank like God knows what. he would never change his coveralls or wash , his beard had critters crawling around in it. we finally called industrial hygine and they make him turn in his coverall each friday for clean ones but not much they can do about personal hygine at home. we make him work apart from the human folks...chris
Old 11-12-2003, 06:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well Reeb.....

I?d say that decent hygiene is part of a human relationship and desiring to have a professional and kindly relationship. If a person wants to be a stink pot, then so be it. But on the other hand I know of no law that says everyone has to put up with it. During my Management days I sent more than a few home to wash up or whatever. That just seemed to be a taboo deal that none of my staff supervisors wanted to touch, so bingo, and upward delegation happened. The toughest deal was the Gals that reeked to high heavens due to improper hygiene and I was the guy that had to tell them to sort out the hygiene issues and I gave them names of docs or social counselors that could help. Aarrgg, I hated that part of the job. One lesson learned was that women in the work place are highly sensitive to that kind of thing and are a bit more tolerant of a stink pot Guy than a stink pot Gal. I mean Jasus, a stink pot Gal was enough to shut the place down if immediate action weren?t taken. We?re talking about 240 people and a $80 meg a year business with a gross margin profit of 84%; literally the goose laying golden eggs. So a stoppage was an unthinkable deal except for unsafe working conditions or an act of providence.

So I?d say ya made the right decision Doug by putting the ball back in the stink pot?s court. It?s all about decisions and responding to legitimate critique. If someone can?t handle that, then too bad, the rights of others comes first and I really think that stink pots don?t give a crap about rights of others, gender inclusive. As an Oh Aarrgg, I found that the people of the former Soviet Union were the smelliest people I ever met. Talk about an eye watering experience, Yikes!!!!! Three months of that was enough for me, boy howdy. The housing facilities for the worker bees told the story. One bath tub and one toilet for fifty-odd people is a might bit thin, I?d say.

Scamp
Old 11-12-2003, 10:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Reeb: quick and simple answear to your question? Nope not at all
Old 11-12-2003, 10:15 PM

Default RRRRRR

One other question. Was that your last beer???????????, If so, won't come to see you. And be polite to the gentleman, tell him where his home is and to keep his ass there!!!!!!!!!
SF
NC
Old 11-13-2003, 05:53 AM

Evidently the man has a problem. Is he from the area? No hot water - could be a fault hot water tank regardless at his age he may be no longer capable of fixing it.

$60K for a mobile home is not cheap. It had to come with a bath room and running water.

It could be that he needs some medical or social help - it seems he's lonely and doesn't fit in well into the community. If he lives in the park and has no hot water someone should report it to the park officials and let them deal with this guy.

Social services should be told of his condition it may be a sign of some sort of (mental) instability.

And no - I agree with you if he stinks I'd tell him so and let it go at that. But I'd say the man has a "real" problem.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

reeb :

you did the right thing.

larry
Old 11-13-2003, 06:14 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default reeb

I never had any problem saying what I felt, If anyone is doing something and you point that out, its not your falt.
The only time I have a problem is when the wife says, "what do you think of my new dress" Aaaaaah-----Its ok???????????? Its nice, it looks real nice,

Ron
Old 11-14-2003, 04:33 PM

Humper,,,,,,,

Since I went back off the Wagon, ( missed my beer to much ),

Heck no it wasnt my last one.

Ifn we ever tie up together somewhere and you visit, you have a hard choice to make.

Bud, Coors, Corona, Milwakee, Miller, San Miguel, Paspt, Schilitz,
Smitz, or maybe your favorite Tecate.........

No whishkey allowed in this household!!!!!!

BTW, the guy came over last night right at supper time and asked if I know where he could get a Hot Water Heater.

Same ole answer from me HOME DEPOT.........

enough...........