The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2019, 08:31 AM

Arrow Rubio: 'Don't know of anyone' calling for US military intervention in Venezuela

Rubio: 'Don't know of anyone' calling for US military intervention in Venezuela
By: Eli Watkins, CNN / Updated 10:38 AM ET, Sun January 27, 2019
RE: https://us.cnn.com/2019/01/27/politi...ntv/index.html

Washington (CNN)Sen. Marco Rubio said Sunday he did not know of anyone calling for a US military intervention in Venezuela amid the escalating political crisis gripping the South American nation and the Trump administration's embrace of an opposition leader.

"I don't know of anyone who is calling for a military intervention," the Florida Republican said on CNN's "State of the Union" with Jake Tapper.

Rubio noted, however, that the US retained the right "of defending our national security in cases where it's threatened."

The United States always retains the right, always, anywhere in the world, in any instance, to protect its national security," Rubio said. "So I'm not going to justify military intervention because I don't know who is calling for that."

Rubio, a vocal critic of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, said he supported Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido, who has declared himself the nation's interim president and been recognized by a slew of other nations, including the US.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links